Thinking about going to school...

/MSG/

Uwaa OmO
I know Topspin is about to have six consecutive orgasms at the mere mention of someone going to college.....but I was thinking about it. I get money from the GI bill, might as well use it. The only question is what do I go for? There's little practical use of a degree of any type in what I currently do, or want to do in the future (gunsmithing). Maye something electrical, since I've discovered I'm good with electric.

I know Topspin is about to have six consecutive orgasms at the mere mention of someone going to college.....but I was thinking about it. I get money from the GI bill, might as well use it. The only question is what do I go for? There's little practical use of a degree of any type in what I currently do, or want to do in the future (gunsmithing). Maye something electrical, since I've discovered I'm good with electric.

How about electrical engineering? You've always seemed like college material to me.

Go!

Start out with just the basics and allow yourself to see what you like.

There is plenty of time to deside a major later.

Just GO!

Don't forget the "Channeling the Dead" class that lawyers take. I think John Edwards is the author of the textbook.

how about a business degree, so you can figure out how to turn a love of gunsmithing into a profitable business?....

Not sure that is true...being an expert allows you to choose who you work/publish/with/for. Sides, it was just a thought with regards to your love of guns.
I appreciate the thought, but no thanks. A love for guns/skill with guns is a very limited and specialized market. That's why I got into welding. I wanted to learn it to work on and build guns. But it has many other uses as well. Same with metal machining. Specializing in guns could possibly make me more money, but I'd have a lot more to lose too. In the end I probably won't work with guns until I'm middle aged, in order to better save up for retirement. That way I won't be at as much risk and won't care as much.

Currently however, I'm working on a design that I'm going to try to sell the military on. Very hush hush.

I appreciate the thought, but no thanks. A love for guns/skill with guns is a very limited and specialized market. That's why I got into welding. I wanted to learn it to work on and build guns. But it has many other uses as well. Same with metal machining. Specializing in guns could possibly make me more money, but I'd have a lot more to lose too. In the end I probably won't work with guns until I'm middle aged, in order to better save up for retirement. That way I won't be at as much risk and won't care as much.

Currently however, I'm working on a design that I'm going to try to sell the military on. Very hush hush.

If your math skills are good then mechanical engineering. If not then some kind of business degree then you can hire the consultants you need for technical expertise.

If your math skills are good then mechanical engineering. If not then some kind of business degree then you can hire the consultants you need for technical expertise.
Depends on the math. I'm great with certain things, but terrible with others.

Electrical Engineering is one of the hardest types of engineering.

Plus, I think you'd mainly be sitting there and designing things on paper rather than actually doing anything hands on with electricity. But you'd make an assload of money. Engineering degrees get you by far the most money in just four years.

Then again, this economics pretty shitty. You'd also have to go through a lot internships and get a lot of experience, and you'd have to do well.

And have you ever taken calculus?

It's not like most other maths. If you can get a TI-89 and learn how to use it, you can check most of your work on tests.

Back