This is why China will take over the world

Very interesting and quite a feat. However they dont say how long it took to prepare the site, install services, manufacture the prefabricated elements, place orders for materials, have them delivered etc.
They also dont tell you that it still takes 2 hours to get a bloody drink because they have to send a waiter on a motor bike to the pub in the next town to get it.
Hopewell Construction in HK say they complete a flat (apartment) in half a day by using the slipform method and it was certainly true when I watched them a few years ago.

Very interesting and quite a feat. However they dont say how long it took to prepare the site, install services, manufacture the prefabricated elements, place orders for materials, have them delivered etc.
They also dont tell you that it still takes 2 hours to get a bloody drink because they have to send a waiter on a motor bike to the pub in the next town to get it.
Hopewell Construction in HK say they complete a flat (apartment) in half a day by using the slipform method and it was certainly true when I watched them a few years ago.

Plus the interior finish takes a long time.

This method of construction, BTW, was invented by the Japanese. The Chinks, as usual, merely copied it.

And as far as speed? The empire State Building in New York, 103 stories, was built in under 13 months, including the massive rock foundation work and interior finishing, during this county's worst depression. And it's a work of art with stainless steel exterior, rare marble and hardwood interior.

Plus the interior finish takes a long time.

This method of construction, BTW, was invented by the Japanese. The Chinks, as usual, merely copied it.

And as far as speed? The empire State Building in New York, 103 stories, was built in under 13 months, including the massive rock foundation work and interior finishing, during this county's worst depression. And it's a work of art with stainless steel exterior, rare marble and hardwood interior.

Copying, particularly construction methods, is essential for progress. You, unless you do absolutely nothing, like you dont eat, you dont drink, you dont wear clothes, you dont drive or ride, copy. we all copy.
Anyway I'm sure that little comment of yours was just a way of saying 'chinks' and hoping to offend someone.
Very, very childish.

Copying, particularly construction methods, is essential for progress. You, unless you do absolutely nothing, like you dont eat, you dont drink, you dont wear clothes, you dont drive or ride, copy. we all copy.
Anyway I'm sure that little comment of yours was just a way of saying 'chinks' and hoping to offend someone.
Very, very childish.

Is it as childish as your usage of the word "yank"?

Very, very childish.

The very definition of "progress" requires thinking outside the box: which the Chinks, apparently, are unable to do. :)

The very definition of "progress" requires thinking outside the box: which the Chinks, apparently, are unable to do. :)

They think enough to own more of you with every day that passes. You dont like that, do you? THEY OWN YOU buddy!! LOLOLOL
That's why HU has come over. He's checking on his investments.

They think enough to own more of you with every day that passes. You dont like that, do you? THEY OWN YOU buddy!! LOLOLOL
That's why HU has come over. He's checking on his investments.

They don't own me. They own my government's debt. That's not the same thing at all.

Copying, particularly construction methods, is essential for progress.

actually, there is more to be said for innovation....I have experienced a microcosm of this over the past year......

one year ago tomorrow I started using an electronic cigarette to quit smoking.....haven't had a cigarette since the day it arrived....

now, one year ago there were three major companies in China producing three different types of electronic cigarette.....in a year that has expanded to hundreds of factories....all producing the same product.....dozens of them complaining that you should beware of products that are not "genuine".....

around mid summer, someone came up with a new improved type of battery called an "eGo"......within a month you could buy a "vGo", "kGo", "eXo", "GoT", not to mention a Riva and a T-Rex.....

an American invented a modification of an electronic cigarette that he offered for sale....recently a Chinese company was offering the same item, using the photograph of his hand holding it in their advertising.....

it can make for a very confusing marketing situation.....a company will offer cartomizers for an eGo batter (which has a female threaded connector) and they will deliver "their eGo" which is designed for male threads....they will even have the photographs of the female threaded product in their advertisements....its as if they don't know enough about their product to realize it won't be usable...

Back