Thorn!

Bitter lemon spray will take care of that one. You can get it at almost any petshop.

Labs are wonderful creatures. Remember to praise them when you see them pottying outside so they know where they can go as well as where they shouldnt go. Dog door is a must.

I also wasn't sure whether or not it was better to leave them outside all day when the whether is so-so or whether or not it would be better to leave him in the garage with the light on. Until it was house broken I wouldn't want him to wander around the house unattended.

I also wasn't sure whether or not it was better to leave them outside all day when the whether is so-so or whether or not it would be better to leave him in the garage with the light on. Until it was house broken I wouldn't want him to wander around the house unattended.
Until he is about a year and a half he will chew anything he can get in his mouth. You don't want him wandering about unattended anyway.

Put one in. It isn't that hard. Get your boytoy to do it for you.

Slow down. we're trying to get a handle on painting.

Do doors come with doggy doors on them at Home Depot? If we keep her I'll definitely do it. I'm so excited! :) I haven't been this excited about much in months!

Until he is about a year and a half he will chew anything he can get in his mouth. You don't want him wandering about unattended anyway.

What's the best place to leave them? My friends leave their dog in the garage with the lights on when they go to work. If it wasn't too cold out we used to leave our dog outside all day while we were gone. I'm just not sure what's the best thing to do while we're at work.

Thanks for the lemmon spray tip!

I have 2 labs...chocolate and black. They both chewed the first 3 yrs of their lives. I left them outside for 20 minutes and they ate through siding lol. Also they ate through tables and chairs. I would recommend crate training. And plan on having to refinish cabinet doors ;)

Slow down. we're trying to get a handle on painting.

Do doors come with doggy doors on them at Home Depot? If we keep her I'll definitely do it. I'm so excited! :) I haven't been this excited about much in months!
No, you have to cut a hole and put the door in. They come easily assembled though.

If you have a glass door, you can put an insert in without having to cut.

I have 2 labs...chocolate and black. They both chewed the first 3 yrs of their lives. I left them outside for 20 minutes and they ate through siding lol. Also they ate through tables and chairs. I would recommend crate training. And plan on having to refinish cabinet doors ;)

OMG?! RU serious? The good news is we just the house so, I'm okay with everything they eat through.

I don't have a doggy door.

If you have a back door and you dont want to cut it buy a new door that fits the exsisting frame and have a dog door installed in it. The you can rehang the ohter when you move. Its not as expensive as it sounds.

If you can put up a dog gate to keep them in the room where the back door has access and put in a dog door. Then make sure the room has a hard surface which is easly to clean. Spray the bitter lemon on everything you dont want them to chew and then get them chew toys.

If you can put up a dog gate to keep them in the room where the back door has access and put in a dog door. Then make sure the room has a hard surface which is easly to clean. Spray the bitter lemon on everything you dont want them to chew and then get them chew toys.

That would be ideal. Our laundry room has a door to the backyard. Maybe I'll look to do it there. But from Meg is saying, the chewing is like forever.

Back