Thorn!

If you can put up a dog gate to keep them in the room where the back door has access and put in a dog door. Then make sure the room has a hard surface which is easly to clean. Spray the bitter lemon on everything you dont want them to chew and then get them chew toys.

Mine loved the bitter lemon and bitter apple. I found that cayenne pepper worked better. Burns the heck out of the little sniffers.

Mine loved the bitter lemon and bitter apple. I found that cayenne pepper worked better. Burns the heck out of the little sniffers.

LOL. Wow.

I think I'll start off with Cayenne pepper. do they sell that petsmart too?

Growing up we had a small older cocker spaniel. I've never really experienced trhe whole chewing thing.

Of course...........

Yuck! I'm partial to pizza, myself. :cool:

Labs love pizza and beer also...they love to play with kids though...I was serious about that comment...all my kids had labs while growing up...Lady T needs a 'pit bull ' to match her hate of kids/cats...not a Lab!:D

Last edited:
If you try the bitter lemon first you will not have to worry about gettting the hot stuff in your eyes when touching stuff.

The bitter lemon/apple smells better too

Ifa person needs hot sauce to train a Lab.............

If you try the bitter lemon first you will not have to worry about gettting the hot stuff in your eyes when touching stuff.

They should not have pets...Labs are the smartest breedof all the canines...Give them their own toy to chew...discipline them if they falter...use hands on approach...if you don't have the time, seek a trainer or do not have a dog period!

They should not have pets...Labs are the smartest breedof all the canines...Give them their own toy to chew...discipline them if they falter...use hands on approach...if you don't have the time, seek a trainer or do not have a dog period!

I LOVE labs but they are by far not the smartest.

Really....!

I LOVE labs but they are by far not the smartest.

I beg to differ...the smartest canines are the hardest to train...they are by far the most loyal and inquisitive of all the breeds...this relates to intelligence...you are just lazy! I have experience training both horses and dogs...they are about equal... they are equivalent to a three year old...were you a Mommie or a pretend Mommie...that is the question I propose!

heck beagles are highly inquisitive and sweet, but not overly smart.

I take it BB has a lab, thus they are the smartest ?

Nope..............

heck beagles are highly inquisitive and sweet, but not overly smart.

I take it BB has a lab, thus they are the smartest ?

The kids are all grown and on their own...the last dog I had was a mix...St Bernard/crossed with a Rotweiller...had the same traits as a Lab only bigger and badder...:D...and you are correct 'Beagles' are among the dumbest of the breeds..and a pain in the ass!

Wrong.....

BB

Bullshit.

They are not dumb dogs but a border collie is definately the smartest dog arround.

Border Collies are overbred...hyperactive...non responsive !...the original breed was a good breed,but in the US the breed is a pain in the ass! Like you Desh!

Where is Caesar(The dog whisperer) when ya need him,to set desh straight...!

Last edited:
The entire dog loving world pretty much agrees on Border collies dude.

You just are set in your ideas like a true conservative. No facts can get through

Meg has me scared to death. I thought labs were one of the most obedient dogs. 3 years of chewing stuff? Yikes.

Back