Tim Tebow

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
If Tim Tebow is allowed to come back and play against LSU then something is really rotten in college football and either the NCAA or someone needs to step in. There's no way one can recover from a concusion like that in two weeks. Putting him in to early places him a much higher risk of having permanent neurological damage if he should take another serious hit to the head.

He needs to be examined by someone who is not on the University of Florida's payroll before he should be permitted to play at the very least.

Read on ESPN.com today I guess Florida and a lot of other schools made the players take some type of test before the season and then make them take it after a concussion to be able to judge if they've gotten all their facilities back (something along those lines). I was glad to read it that they're looking out for the players like that.

If Tim Tebow is allowed to come back and play against LSU then something is really rotten in college football and either the NCAA or someone needs to step in. There's no way one can recover from a concusion like that in two weeks. Putting him in to early places him a much higher risk of having permanent neurological damage if he should take another serious hit to the head.

He needs to be examined by someone who is not on the University of Florida's payroll before he should be permitted to play at the very least.
Wow! Already, if it were my son, I would have to be making a fuss!

I can't comment to much,
mine wrestled with a broken hand in HS (coach incorrectly said he can't break it any more). Both had several concusions over a couple seasons in hs and college.

I can't comment to much,
mine wrestled with a broken hand in HS (coach incorrectly said he can't break it any more). Both had several concusions over a couple seasons in hs and college.
My son's doctor wouldn't release him when he got a concussion in HS soccer. I was grateful, otherwise, I would have had to have been the bad guy. A broken hand is different from the brain!

Read on ESPN.com today I guess Florida and a lot of other schools made the players take some type of test before the season and then make them take it after a concussion to be able to judge if they've gotten all their facilities back (something along those lines). I was glad to read it that they're looking out for the players like that.

They do that around here in some of the high schools. It's a baseline.

A player for Bama got shot earlier this year and played the same week. No one was concerned about him.

The LSU game isn't worth Tebow's future to anyone.
Meyer loves the kid like a son.(With good reason) There's no way he would let Tebow play if there's any doubt about his physical condition, nor would Gator fans or his parents permit it. Tebow is a legend in this area, he is everything you see on and off the field, a coaches dream and a model for all his teammates to look up to. For that reason, even if he doesn't play, you will see a 200% effort from the rest of the team until he returns. Everbody hopes he can play, but nobody wants him to play if there is the slightest danger.

I doubt Tebow will play is there is any question about his health. He is a hardcore competitor, but not stupid.

LSU needs to hope for Tebow to play. The backup, while inexperienced in college, is supposed to be a wickedly good passer. As hard as it is to prepare for Tebow & Co., how to you prepare for someone you haven't seen and still be ready for their running backs and that crushing defense.

I doubt Tebow will play is there is any question about his health. He is a hardcore competitor, but not stupid.

LSU needs to hope for Tebow to play. The backup, while inexperienced in college, is supposed to be a wickedly good passer. As hard as it is to prepare for Tebow & Co., how to you prepare for someone you haven't seen and still be ready for their running backs and that crushing defense.

Wait for it, I think Fla could beat us with their backup. That said, I'd rather not play the best college FB player in the history of the game.

Wait for it, I think Fla could beat us with their backup. That said, I'd rather not play the best college FB player in the history of the game.

I agree, when Tebow is on his game he is the best that has ever played.

He runs like a great fullback with a 1,000 lb chip on his shoulder.
He passes accurately for a college QB.
He fights harder than anyone I've ever watched.
The post 3 picks halftime speach is a coaches dream.
He refuses to not be followed, that's a leader.
He's Fla's Ray Louis playing QB

He runs like a great fullback with a 1,000 lb chip on his shoulder.
He passes accurately for a college QB.
He fights harder than anyone I've ever watched.
The post 3 picks halftime speach is a coaches dream.
He refuses to not be followed, that's a leader.
He's Fla's Ray Louis playing QB

Even if he doesn't play, on the sidelines he's an asset that no other college team I can think of, has.
That said, Tebow and the rest of the team are human, and as long as LSU can put players on the field they have a chance, and being a good team with pride, their chances are a lot better than nil.

2 National Championships in the last couple years, the hat, top recruiting classes in the last few means we have a real good shot. It's just not better than maybe 40%, 45%.

Is it the same baseline testing the NFL uses?

I can't comment to much,
A serious concusion can take up to a year to heal. You think a college coach would put a star like Tebow on the bench for a year with the pressures they are under?

A player for Bama got shot earlier this year and played the same week. No one was concerned about him.
That's not entirely true. The issue here though is brain injuries and how they can have long term consequences for ones health. The Bama player who was shot had, by and large, superficial injuries. He did not have a brain injury other then he had to have had a brain injury to play for Alabama. :pke:

The LSU game isn't worth Tebow's future to anyone.
Meyer loves the kid like a son.(With good reason) There's no way he would let Tebow play if there's any doubt about his physical condition, nor would Gator fans or his parents permit it. Tebow is a legend in this area, he is everything you see on and off the field, a coaches dream and a model for all his teammates to look up to. For that reason, even if he doesn't play, you will see a 200% effort from the rest of the team until he returns. Everbody hopes he can play, but nobody wants him to play if there is the slightest danger.
I wish I shared your confidence and I pray to hell that you are right. My father is a physician and was team doctor for the local HS team for quite a few years and became very skeptical about coaches and injuries. Most are under tremendous pressures, are excellent salesman and will pressure and convince athletes (and parents) to return to playing before they should. Nothing against Meyer, but he shouldn't even be in the decision process. It should be purely between Tebow and his (not the Universities) physician(s).

Back