Time to get ready for the only real game this week

I thought he was talking about the Iowa/Mich or OSU/Wisc game.

he was, but he doesn't realize it.....I thought Iowa did pretty well for itself....I was glad when the Michigan coach pulled in his second quarterback....his starter had become so disheartened you could see he didn't even want to go into the huddle.....

meanwhile, I heard that even though their quarterback was a bit dazed from a previous injury and couldn't tell where his receivers were, Florida managed to beat some team from down south somewhere....anybody hear about that?......

Last edited:
he was, but he doesn't realize it.....I thought Iowa did pretty well for itself....I was glad when the Michigan coach pulled in his second quarterback....his starter had become so disheartened you could see he didn't even want to go into the huddle.....

meanwhile, I heard that even though their quarterback was a bit dazed from a previous injury and couldn't tell where his receivers were, Florida managed to beat some team from down south somewhere....anybody hear about that?......
I heard about the Jayhawks, Rock Chalk, Jayhawks!!!!!!!

Here is something that will piss everyone else off.

I read an article by Pete Futiak talking about the BCS championship game.

He put forth the idea that if FL and AL get thru the season undefeated, and there are as many one loss and two loss teams as it looks like there will be at the end of the season (and if Texas loses one or two games), then the SEC Championship might be a prelude to the NC game.

Whichever of the teams loses the SEC Championship, their only loss would be to the #1 team. If there are no other undefeated teams in the top 10, why wouldn't FL & AL meet again for the national championship?

I think Florida's dismantling of LSU showed that Tebow is not the biggest threat Florida has. Its their Defense. LSU is not exactly an offensive juggernaut, but Florida's defense was killer.

LSU's offense is ranked like 100, I like Bama's chance better after seeing Fla stuggle to score on our D.

LSU's offense is ranked like 100, I like Bama's chance better after seeing Fla stuggle to score on our D.

Our offense showed some flaws against Ole Miss, but our defense is playing like champions.

Ole Miss may not be the top team everyone thought, but to be held to 19 yards of total offense in the first half shows that our D can kickass and take names.

I think your D is good enough to stop Fla, and I think you can run the ball on anybody. Your QB is way better than ours.

I think your D is good enough to stop Fla, and I think you can run the ball on anybody. Your QB is way better than ours.

If Florida beat us, it would be thru the air, not on the ground.

But I am not sure they could do that.

I tried to get tickets for the OSU/Iowa game at the shoe but it was sold out and I had to settle for the Golden Gophers.

I hate it when OSU and Iowa meet under these circumstances. I'm born a Buckeye and have lived much of my adult life in the Columbus area but I lived for 7 years in Iowa during my Jr. High, High School and some college so the Hawkeyes are my #2 team and I do hate having to root against them. Damn good folks them Hawkeyes. They could teach southerners a thing or two about hospitality.

If Florida beat us, it would be thru the air, not on the ground.

But I am not sure they could do that.

The same holds true in the reverse, FL is also great defending the run, nobody runs wide. Speed of the linebackers is the answer, it's an SEC thing. RBs appear to be very deep at UF. It should be noted Meyer played as conservative a game as he could, involving Tebow only enough to win, yet, to me, the biggest difference in the 2 teams was the QB. I think, though, that their QB may be a factor for LSU next year. Where is the SEC championship being held this year?

Oops, I forgot. The 'U' played their first breather against an inferior though undefeated team last week. The U QB didn't play in the 2nd half and the 3 & 4RBs were carrying the ball. With a 48-16 lead and after one kid went for 73 yards on 2 carries, they had the ball on the FAMU 6 with 1.5 minutes to go, Shannon had his players take the knee 3 times. He seemingly didn't care about rankings and yet still moved up. He knew that with 95% on the field being Fla kids, a lot had played together either on the same HS team or as local opponents. He has my respect. It was a coincidence that it occurred after our discussion last week. It's purely a matter of opinion.

Last edited:
The same holds true in the reverse, FL is also great defending the run, nobody runs wide. Speed of the linebackers is the answer, it's an SEC thing. RBs appear to be very deep at UF. It should be noted Meyer played as conservative a game as he could, involving Tebow only enough to win, yet, to me, the biggest difference in the 2 teams was the QB. I think, though, that their QB may be a factor for LSU next year. Where is the SEC championship being held this year?

I think the SEC Championship stays in Atlanta, since its a large enough venue and isn't anyone's home stadium.

I think the SEC Championship stays in Atlanta, since its a large enough venue and isn't anyone's home stadium.

Thanks, I'm going to make "reservations" at a friend's house. It could be our teams, but there are a couple of sleeper games that have me wondering. Oddly, I think USF may be tough, but that won't effect SEC standings. Their game with Cincinnatti should be interesting.

Thanks, I'm going to make "reservations" at a friend's house. It could be our teams, but there are a couple of sleeper games that have me wondering. Oddly, I think USF may be tough, but that won't effect SEC standings. Their game with Cincinnatti should be interesting.

There are games that worry me a bit. But in order for someone else to be in Atlanta, either teh Tide or the Gators would have to screw up.

The level of play I have seen from them, especially on defense, is well above the rest of the conference.

It was an interesting game. Tony Pikes Heisman big went up in smoke, That's a shame, we was probably the best QB in college ball this year.

This week is good to
Texas v Oklahoma
USC v ND
Saints v Giants

The Bama/SC game should be decent. The Gamecocks aren't a huge threat, but with Spurrier you never know.

Two of the 4 active SEC coaches who have won NCs makes it worth watching.

The Bama/SC game should be decent. The Gamecocks aren't a huge threat, but with Spurrier you never know.

Two of the 4 active SEC coaches who have won NCs makes it worth watching.
I wouldn't sell the Gamecocks short. I'll be rooting for them (I used to work in Irmo, loved the Cola area. I'd like to have a retirement condo on Lake Murray.).

I wouldn't sell the Gamecocks short. I'll be rooting for them (I used to work in Irmo, loved the Cola area. I'd like to have a retirement condo on Lake Murray.).

I never sell Spurrier short. But I think our defense can stop Garcia & Co.

Back