Tom Tancredo: Absolute Moron

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
This moron says we should bomb the muslim holy sites of Mecca and Medina if there's another terrorist attack.

This is the moronic equivalent of suggesting to bomb the Vatican, if the catholic IRA ever bombs England again.

Who keeps electing this barbaric idiot to Congress?

Tancredo: Threaten to bomb Muslim holy sites in retaliation

WASHINGTON (CNN) — Colorado Rep. Tom Tancredo’s campaign stood by his assertion that bombing holy Muslim sites would serve as a good “deterrent” to prevent Islamic fundamentalists from attacking the United States, his spokeswoman said Friday. snip

“If it is up to me, we are going to explain that an attack on this homeland of that nature would be followed by an attack on the holy sites in Mecca and Medina,” Tancredo said.

Tom Casey, a deputy spokesman for the State Department, told CNN’s Elise Labott that the congressman’s comments were “reprehensible” and “absolutely crazy.” Tancredo was widely criticized in 2005 for making a similar suggestion.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/08/04/tancredo-bomb-muslim-holy-sites-first/

Wow, had to go back about 2 years to find something, and take it out of context?

Amazing.

Anyway, it was in answer to a question about a nuke attack on this place and he apologized for his off the cuff and on the fly response.

As to who keeps electing him, well, my district does.

Unlike, oh let's say Obama, who wants to attack Pakistan... ;)

(It is about the same thing as saying he does because he said we would in his speech if Musharraf wouldn't)...

Wow, had to go back about 2 years to find something, and take it out of context?

Amazing.

Anyway, it was in answer to a question about a nuke attack on this place and he apologized for his off the cuff and on the fly response.

Unlike, oh let's say Obama, who wants to attack Pakistan...

(It is about the same thing as saying he does because he said we would in his speech if Musharraf wouldn't)...

Why?

Anyway, the 6th Congressional district of Colorado keeps electing him because they like the way he votes in Congress and is very much in touch with the will of his voters.

Amazing.

This CNN article is dated August 4 2007

Anyway, the 6th Congressional district of Colorado keeps electing him because they like the way he votes in Congress and is very much in touch with the will of his voters.

If you just want somebody who simply votes the way constitutents want, you could elect Dixie or Toby.

Tancredo is demonstrating mental instability by continuing to blab about bombing Mecca.

he apologized for his off the cuff and on the fly response.

Obviously, his apology two years ago was insincere, don't you agree?

Because here we are in August 2007, and he's still talking about bombing Mecca

State Dept condemns Tancredo comments

Daily Times

LAHORE: US State Department Deputy Spokesman Tom Casey condemned Congressman Tancredo’s comments regarding attacks on holy sites if Islamist militants attacked the US.

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2007\08\04\story_4-8-2007_pg1_2

Damo, I would hope the citizens of colorado don't simply vote for any old fool, who will vote the way they want him or her.

I would hope they would also consider sanity and mental fitness for office of a person, when voting for a candidate.

I guarantee you this story is making it around the muslim world - A US presidential candidate threatens to bomb Mecca. That is exactly how we DON'T win the war on terror, or win hearts and minds.

It confirms, in the minds of many muslims, the worst kind of stereotypes they have about the percieved anti-muslim bias the US government has.

The statement was made about 2 years ago. So it was CNN that went back about 2 years and repeated a statement that he already talked about long ago.

Here ya go. The original statements and time of the statement.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,162795,00.html

It was originally made on July 15, 2005...

It was one of those idiotic cartoonish questions... If they nuke one of our cities what could we do.

He later said this:

The congressman later said he was "just throwing out some ideas" and that an "ultimate threat" might have to be met with an "ultimate response."

At that time he was not running for President, was not proposing policy, and realized his mistake. Later he made it even clearer that he was not suggesting it be made policy.

Amazingly, they aren't bringing up two year old stories like CNN who is "unbiased" and IMO, in this one, irresponsibly poking a wasps nest for laziness bias. Can't come up with a new story, resurrect one from 2 years ago, make it a new headline and get people all riled up. Ignore the later statements and present it as if it happened yesterday.

We should also continue to ask the cartoonish question of what should be done in case of nuclear attack. Maybe even whether he would torture somebody with a requisite of "you know for a fact he knows something and you have only minutes to stop it"...

Then we can say he is crazy for talking about "Television Characters"...

I re-read your story and he restated this as an idea, but again to the same question... Cartoonish questions deserve cartoonish responses.

The statement was made about 2 years ago. So it was CNN that went back about 2 years and repeated a statement that he already talked about long ago.

He said it again, just last tuesday, according to the press in Iowa:

"IowaPolitics.com: Tancredo says threat of attack on holy sites would deter terrorism"

7/31/2007

By Chris Dorsey
IowaPolitics.com

OSCEOLA -- Followers of radical Islam must be deterred from committing a nuclear attack on U.S. soil, Colorado Congressman Tom Tancredo said Tuesday morning, saying that as president he would take drastic measures to prevent such attacks.

"If it is up to me, we are going to explain that an attack on this homeland of that nature would be followed by an attack on the holy sites in Mecca and Medina," the GOP presidential candidate said. "That is the only thing I can think of that might deter somebody from doing what they would otherwise do. If I am wrong fine, tell me, and I would be happy to do something else. But you had better find a deterrent or you will find an attack. There is no other way around it. There have to be negative consequences for the actions they take. That's the most negative I can think of."

Listen to Tancredo discuss his plan

The harsh approach is vital in order to prevent a worldwide collapse, Tancredo told nearly 30 people Tuesday morning at the Family Table restaurant.

http://www.iowapolitics.com/index.iml?Article=101389

Which proves you didn't read the whole of my post.

So, I'll reiterate:

Then we can say he is crazy for talking about "Television Characters"...

I re-read your story and he restated this as an idea, but again to the same question... Cartoonish questions deserve cartoonish responses.

I'll also note that he asked for better ideas.

I'd be more worried if he thought, or anybody thought that he had a chance of getting the nomination.

I will tell you that he is a friend though and I have a certain willingness to try to explain him, I'll let him do that though... He and I don't always agree.

Amazing.

You're district is really bad for the nation, Damo. That's why I think we should have PR. No arbitrary, terrible districts would get drawn.

I'm sorry, I'm sure you've defined it before, but what is 'PR'?

Oh, it's not important, it's just a type of voting system I've advocated in the past. It's boring stuff. The remark wasn't very good anyway. I just don't like Tancredo at all. He's the Hugo Chavez of America.

Oh, it's not important, it's just a type of voting system I've advocated in the past. It's boring stuff. The remark wasn't very good anyway. I just don't like Tancredo at all. He's the Hugo Chavez of America.

While I'm glad Tancredo spoke up loud and often on immigration, I've seen nothing else from him to 'wow' me. I'm still curious to what PR is regarding voting? Can you give me a link to your 'theory'?

While I'm glad Tancredo spoke up loud and often on immigration, I've seen nothing else from him to 'wow' me. I'm still curious to what PR is regarding voting? Can you give me a link to your 'theory'?

Proportional representation isn't a theory. It's a system of voting that tries to make the amount of votes for a particular governmental philosophy proportional to the amount of representatives elected of that philosophy. It needs districts with multiple-members. The most common form of this is the "party list" method used in almost all of Europe, which I dislike because it forces people into parties.

There are a few other systems that allow you to select several individuals, and, if 30% of the people vote for reps that are liberal, roughly 30% will be liberal. Right now, if the districts 30% liberal and 70% conservative, the liberals aren't really represented. It's small in the district, but nationwide it can build up and leave more than a majority of the population not represented, or at least not directly from their district. It's not really known about in America and isn't a big issue, anyway, I shouldn't have even mentioned it.

He never expected to win or anything he only entered because all of the candidates were supporting open border policies.

Back