Tom Tancredo: We must deny american children health care

Which is what Cypress appears to be doing as well... except Cypress simply makes up lines of crap and puts quotes around them.... he knows most left wingnutters won't bother reading the article to see that Tancredo never said what Cypress quoted him as saying. They will simply drink the kool-aid and begin the chant....Dems are good, Reps are evil... Dems are good, Reps are evil.
Yep, Cypress is sometimes objective and he can be smart, but he is the most devious lefty on here.

Many other Americans have a sense of justice that cringes at denying needed healthcare to anyone just because of some Puritanical obsession with the possibility that someone, somewhere might abuse the system someday.

Tancredo's credo is what gives rise to blue laws and Wars on Plural Nouns. He embraces emotion rather than reason, clinging to superstitious beliefs void of empirical support.

He probably even wears buckles on his shoes.
Tom Tancredo simply objects to removing the requirement to check for citizenship. Your objection is the belief that he has no reasonable position, and is based entirely on emoting. Read what he actually says, not what the assumption is. He objects to expanding it without the citizenship requirement, not to expanding it ever.

Come on now Damo... he is a lefty... "they" don't read... someone simply pulls their string and they spout off the party line spoon fed to them by moveon.org or commondreams.moron.

;)

I've never had to provide citizenship papers for a drivers lisence.

Passport? Well, you're going to a foreign country. Proof of citizenship is required to get a visa.

I've never had to show citizenship papers for 99% of the public services I use: driving on public roads, using police or fire services, using (god forbid) the coast guard in a boating emergency, using public utilities and water services, using public parks. That would be like living in the Soviet Motherland if I had to continually "show my papers".

Why are you and Tom singling out little kids, SF? ;)
Yes you did. What do you think your birth certificate is? This has got to be the most uninformed post I have ever seen.

You get pulled over what do you show them? A driver's license. To get that you needed your birth certificate which proved you were legally here and a citizen. Each time a cop contacts you the chances are high he will again look at your ID, which again proves your citizenship.

We can keep on going with it. But this is retarded.

In order to get a job you fill out an I9 form which "proves" your citizenship. etc.

Really? What things out of that list did you have to show your birth certificate to obtain?
Driver's license. After that your driver's license continues to maintain that. You also have to show a birth certificate to obtain a Social Security card which is used to obtain legal employment.

You must be being deliberately obtuse as the first line of the post stated you showed your birth certificate to get your driver's license.

Come on now Damo... he is a lefty... "they" don't read... someone simply pulls their string and they spout off the party line spoon fed to them by moveon.org or commondreams.moron.

;)
Super, that is absolute garbage.--- the same could be said for the "rightys" with no more accracy.

Driver's license. After that your driver's license continues to maintain that. You also have to show a birth certificate to obtain a Social Security card which is used to obtain legal employment.

You must be being deliberately obtuse as the first line of the post stated you showed your birth certificate to get your driver's license.

The first line of which post? I didn't read that. I do not recall showing a birth certificate to get my driver's license, when I first got one. I can't be sure though.

The first line of which post? I didn't read that. I do not recall showing a birth certificate to get my driver's license, when I first got one. I can't be sure though.
The post where Cypress insisted he didn't show proof of citizenship to get his driver's license. I answered, "What do you think a birth certificate is?"

I'll bet you did. Some few states recently began attempting to remove that requirement, but not many, and I am unsure of the success of that.

Since states use driver's license registration as a point to register to vote as well it becomes even more important to take care with that particular requirement.

Many states instead of removing that requirement now use the Mexican Driver's licenses as legal identification as well as Consular cards. Most of CO does this.

Yes you did. What do you think your birth certificate is? This has got to be the most uninformed post I have ever seen.

You get pulled over what do you show them? A driver's license. To get that you needed your birth certificate which proved you were legally here and a citizen. Each time a cop contacts you the chances are high he will again look at your ID, which again proves your citizenship.

We can keep on going with it. But this is retarded.

In order to get a job you fill out an I9 form which "proves" your citizenship. etc.

It was a quarter century ago, when I got a DL.

The way I remember it, is that you had to show proof of Maryland residency. Not proof of citizenship. And a birth certificate, while an acceptable form of identification, was not an absolute requirement to getting a DL - other forms or proof of maryland residency was considered sufficient.

The way I remember it, is that you had to show proof of Maryland residency. Not proof of citizenship. And a birth certificate, while an acceptable form of identification, was not an absolute requirement to getting a DL - other forms or proof of maryland residency was considered sufficient.
Since it is a legal document, you had to show more than just residency. Maryland requires a birth certificate to give legal identification out. Even if you weren't getting a driver's license and only were getting state identification you would require a birth certificate as well as evidence of residency.

Or a Social security number, which you are required to show your birth certificate for...

http://www.marylandmva.com/DriverServ/Apply/license.htm

Look carefully at the second line of the requirements.

Like utility bills and things like that?

You know, I honestly cannot remember. And i should be able to, because unlike you grandpa, I only first got mine about 6 years ago.

You know, I honestly cannot remember. And i should be able to, because unlike you grandpa, I only first got mine about 6 years ago.
You are required in Maryland to either show a SS card or to give "self-certification" a portion of the requirement for "self-certification" is your birth certificate.

We can look up the requirements for NY, but I'll bet they are much the same. A utility bill does not prove who you are sufficiently for any state to issue a legal identification.

Yeah, I think a utility bill, proof of a local checking account, a letter from a public agency addressed to your residence - any of that stuff was considered as proof of state residency. I don't ever remember jumping through hoops to prove I was an american citizen. State Residency I seem to remember was the test to getting a DL

Yeah, I think a utility bill, proof of a local checking account, a letter from a public agency addressed to your residence - any of that stuff was considered as proof of state residency. I don't ever remember jumping through hoops to prove I was an american citizen. State Residency I seem to remember was the test to getting a DL
Yet you either showed them your SS card or birth certificate as they require it.

Super, that is absolute garbage.--- the same could be said for the "rightys" with no more accracy.

No argument... it is typically the nutters on each side that are the parrots. I was also kidding which I thought I had indicated with the winking smile.

:cool:

Yet you either showed them your SS card or birth certificate as they require it.

Wrong.

California accepts about twenty forms of proof of identification. Only one of which is a birth certificate. A birth certificate is not required, if you can come up with another acceptable form of identification. Many of which can probably be faked. And many of which don't even require you to be a "citizen" of the united states

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/dl/dl_info.htm#BDLP

Damo, I'd like you to answer if you think you should have to show proof of citizenship to call for Coast Guard Assistance, to use public utilities, or to use a public park or road.

Back