Toughest State In College Football

Alabama: Crimson Tide ranked #1. Auburn usually ranked.

Georgia: UGA, Georgia Tech.

Florida: FSU, Florida

Mississippi: Ole Miss, Miss. State

Well this year you can count an undefeated UC.

They haven't played Florida yet.

I would say...

Texas: UofTexas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, TCU, Baylor, Rice, SMU, North Texas.

California: USC, UCLA, California, San Jose St., Fresno St.

Florida: Florida, FSU, Miami, South Florida, Central Florida.

Ohio wouldn't be in my Top 10!

OHIO??? You gotta be kidding!!!

Texas, California, Florida... okay, I can see a case being made for those... What the fuck does Ohio offer besides OSU?
Who's the #4 team in the nation Dixie? I'll give you a hint. It's not Ohio State. Ohio Teams were conference champs in two Div Ia conferences and runner up (Ohio U) in a third. Only Texas did better. They had two conference champs and one runner up also but won more games.

Texas Div Ia teams won 64 games this year.
Ohio Div Ia teams won 52.
Florida Div Ia teams won 50.
Cali Div Ia teams won 40.

It makes sense really as those are the 4 states with the toughest high school programs.

Last edited:
Florida is 10pt favored over higher ranked cincy
What does it say, sec teams are underrated
Wrong sig. Were not talking about conferences were talking about States. As for the State of Florida...there consistantly one of the top four states in the nation. Last couple of years it's been Texas. In the 1990's before FSU and Miami faded it was the State of Florida who was top dog.

Who's the #4 team in the nation Dixie? I'll give you a hint. It's not Ohio State. Ohio Teams were conference champs in two Div Ia conferences and runner up (Ohio U) in a third. Only Texas did better. They had two conference champs and one runner up also but won more games.

Texas Div Ia teams won 64 games this year.
Ohio Div Ia teams won 52.
Florida Div Ia teams won 50.
Cali Div Ia teams won 40.

It makes sense really as those are the 4 states with the toughest high school programs.

The #4 team is Cincinnati, not exactly what we think of as a dominate football powerhouse, more of a Cinderella team. OSU gets to play a Rose Bowl game with Oregon because neither the Pac10 or Big10 could put a team in the BCS Championship game, because they SUCK so bad!

How many games were won, means absolutely NOTHING when you've played no one! A bunch of wimpy-ass teams slopping around in 52-48 shootouts with each other, is not proof of football superiority!

Ohio ranks below Michigan in my opinion! You've got OSU, Cinci, and who? Miami of Ohio? lololol! Fucking Iowa has more football talent!

The #4 team is Cincinnati, not exactly what we think of as a dominate football powerhouse, more of a Cinderella team. OSU gets to play a Rose Bowl game with Oregon because neither the Pac10 or Big10 could put a team in the BCS Championship game, because they SUCK so bad!

How many games were won, means absolutely NOTHING when you've played no one! A bunch of wimpy-ass teams slopping around in 52-48 shootouts with each other, is not proof of football superiority!

Ohio ranks below Michigan in my opinion! You've got OSU, Cinci, and who? Miami of Ohio? lololol! Fucking Iowa has more football talent!
Oooo what a cheap shot to an Ohio guy. But were not going by opinion. Were going by who won the most games. By that objective criteria...in 2009 Ohio be #2. BTW, This is Cinci's 2nd year in a row to win a BCS birth. Granted their not a traditional power house but hardly a Cinderella team....Though certainly beating Florida would be considered an upset. After seeing how Florida played against a good team...I wouldn't count Cincinnati out.

The 4 toughest states are Texas, Ohio, California and Florida.

Ohio State is a powerhouse, but Cincy could hardly be considered such. They have had two outstanding years. But it would take more than that to elevate a two team state to such lofty levels.

By the criteria you set to put Ohio up there, Alabama would certainly rank higher. Auburn has accomplished more over the long haul than Cincy, and Bama is as much a powerhouse as OSU.

But were not going by opinion. Were going by who won the most games.

Well then I guess our Pop Warner league down here in Alabama is the best! They have a combined .875 record this season. Beats the shit outta the Big10! ...Since we're going by 'games won' like you said!

The fact remains, you played no one, so how many wins is irrelevant. If we played nobodies, we would have more wins than you!

We ARE going by opinion, and it is YOUR opinion that Ohio is some "football mecca" or something... it's the Armpit of College Football!

Well then I guess our Pop Warner league down here in Alabama is the best! They have a combined .875 record this season. Beats the shit outta the Big10! ...Since we're going by 'games won' like you said!

The fact remains, you played no one, so how many wins is irrelevant. If we played nobodies, we would have more wins than you!

We ARE going by opinion, and it is YOUR opinion that Ohio is some "football mecca" or something... it's the Armpit of College Football!
Oh Dixie. Texas, Florida, California and Ohio have been the top four states in college and high school football for more then a generation. Pennsylvania's up there too. Alabama has how many division 1 teams?

Why else do all the other colleges recruit so heavily in our states? Hell in Ohio our Division 4 and 5 teams like St. Henry, Coldwater, Cardinal Mooney, Delphos St. John's, etc could compete with Alabama's division one teams and beleive me, that's no put down on Alabama. You just have no idea what a tradition football is in the farm and factory towns of this state. As for being a football mecca. Hell yea we are. After all us Buckeyes created the sport as you know it today.

Oh Dixie. Texas, Florida, California and Ohio have been the top four states in college and high school football for more then a generation. Pennsylvania's up there too. Alabama has how many division 1 teams?

Why else do all the other colleges recruit so heavily in our states? Hell in Ohio our Division 4 and 5 teams like St. Henry, Coldwater, Cardinal Mooney, Delphos St. John's, etc could compete with Alabama's division one teams and beleive me, that's no put down on Alabama. You just have no idea what a tradition football is in the farm and factory towns of this state. As for being a football mecca. Hell yea we are. After all us Buckeyes created the sport as you know it today.

Don't forget Mount Union! :)

No Mott, Texas is King of High School football. Mott, bless your heart, I know you love Ohio, and think the world of their football tradition, but you just don't have a leg to stand on here. Texas is about 5x larger than Ohio, and have about 3x as many high schools with football programs, most of the time, two or three of them are in the USA Top 10. I'm not a huge Texas fan, my Crimson Tide is about to play the game of the year against Texas for the National Championship, but I am man enough to admit the truth when it comes to football. You are obviously not mature enough to do that, and have to act like a 7th grader about it. I understand, but you need to grow up, or at least realize most of the people here are grown, and your junior high braggadocio doesn't carry you far with them.

Ohio has... Ohio State... Cincinnati... Miami of Ohio... and the mighty Akron Zips... that's about IT for Ohio football!! One half ass team with a decent tradition, and a bunch of nobodies! Ohio State didn't even know how to pick a decent mascot! OMG, I am SO scared of a fucking buckeye! Shaking in my damn boots!! WTF is a buckeye? A nut of some kind? That explains a helluva lot!

Back