Toughest State In College Football

Ohio State didn't even know how to pick a decent mascot! OMG, I am SO scared of a fucking buckeye! Shaking in my damn boots!! WTF is a buckeye? A nut of some kind? That explains a helluva lot!

It's our state tree, assbag. What the hell is a Crimson Tide? Is that some kind of slang for a menstrual cycle? Don't talk about mascots when your is nothing but a damn algea bloom in the gulf. OMG I'm so scared!

Also, Ohio typically has a team or two in the top 10 in High School. Within the couple years I played, we made #1. St. Ignatius also usually makes that list. I can't remember a year we didn't have someone from Ohio on that list.

Last edited:
No Mott, Texas is King of High School football. Mott, bless your heart, I know you love Ohio, and think the world of their football tradition, but you just don't have a leg to stand on here. Texas is about 5x larger than Ohio, and have about 3x as many high schools with football programs, most of the time, two or three of them are in the USA Top 10. I'm not a huge Texas fan, my Crimson Tide is about to play the game of the year against Texas for the National Championship, but I am man enough to admit the truth when it comes to football. You are obviously not mature enough to do that, and have to act like a 7th grader about it. I understand, but you need to grow up, or at least realize most of the people here are grown, and your junior high braggadocio doesn't carry you far with them.

Ohio has... Ohio State... Cincinnati... Miami of Ohio... and the mighty Akron Zips... that's about IT for Ohio football!! One half ass team with a decent tradition, and a bunch of nobodies! Ohio State didn't even know how to pick a decent mascot! OMG, I am SO scared of a fucking buckeye! Shaking in my damn boots!! WTF is a buckeye? A nut of some kind? That explains a helluva lot!
I wasn't comparing Ohio to Texas. I was comparing it to Alabama. DUH!

It's our state tree, assbag. What the hell is a Crimson Tide? Is that some kind of slang for a menstrual cycle? Don't talk about mascots when your is nothing but a damn algea bloom in the gulf. OMG I'm so scared!

Also, Ohio typically has a team or two in the top 10 in High School. Within the couple years I played, we made #1. St. Ignatius also usually makes that list. I can't remember a year we didn't have someone from Ohio on that list.
Dixie just doesn't get it. Most southerners don't when it comes to Football. Texans do. By golly when you go to a game and they hand you some BBQ brisquet and a cold beer, ya'll know they get it. I went to a Georgia/Florida game in Athens. You want to talk about not getting it. Some guy in dressed in arguile handed me a martini and faus grais on a cracker. can you say "CLUELESS!" LOL

I wasn't comparing Ohio to Texas. I was comparing it to Alabama. DUH!

LOL... You were comparing Ohio football to Alabama football by arguing Texas is King of High School Football? Oh, okay... carry on!!

I have not claimed Alabama is in the top 4 states for college football. I do think Alabama has some fairly decent teams... Alabama, Auburn, Troy, UAB, Alabama A&M, Alabama St., UNAH... ask Nebraska about Troy! Ask LSU about UAB!

And what does Ohio have, besides Ohio Slow?

...the Akron Zips! :good4u:

Dixie just doesn't get it. Most southerners don't when it comes to Football. Texans do. By golly when you go to a game and they hand you some BBQ brisquet and a cold beer, ya'll know they get it. I went to a Georgia/Florida game in Athens. You want to talk about not getting it. Some guy in dressed in arguile handed me a martini and faus grais on a cracker. can you say "CLUELESS!" LOL

Hell, you should go to an Ole Miss game! ...Hottie Toddy... A redneck term for hooch! These people have livers made of cast iron... they start drinking at... well, they don't ever stop actually... but a football game in Oxford is like watching the game in a bar full of 50k drunks! Of course, they have to do something to kill the pain of actually living in Mississippi... but I digress.

Mott, what you don't get (and don't have) is this...

12 National Championships (soon to be 13)
23 Conference Championships
Most Bowl Appearances
Most Bowl Wins
Most NCAA Academic All-Americans
...shall I go on?

The point is, you are Ohio... Give you props for PRO football, you got the Bengals and Browns... but even this is evidence Ohioans can't pick a mascot... what the fuck is a "brown" a dog? And there is no such animal as a "Bengal" ...there is a tiger species known as bengal tigers. But they aren't orange and black!

Now you didn't answer my question... is a Buckeye technically considered a nut?

MOTT loses on all fronts
Retard, it's called the largest outdoor coctail party.
You want to see how to do football, the king of tailgaiting undisputed is LSU.
We brought it to baseball as well and the people of Omaha fell in love with Cajun food.

Hell, you should go to an Ole Miss game! ...Hottie Toddy... A redneck term for hooch! These people have livers made of cast iron... they start drinking at... well, they don't ever stop actually... but a football game in Oxford is like watching the game in a bar full of 50k drunks! Of course, they have to do something to kill the pain of actually living in Mississippi... but I digress.

Mott, what you don't get (and don't have) is this...

12 National Championships (soon to be 13)
23 Conference Championships
Most Bowl Appearances
Most Bowl Wins
Most NCAA Academic All-Americans
...shall I go on?

The point is, you are Ohio... Give you props for PRO football, you got the Bengals and Browns... but even this is evidence Ohioans can't pick a mascot... what the fuck is a "brown" a dog? And there is no such animal as a "Bengal" ...there is a tiger species known as bengal tigers. But they aren't orange and black!

Now you didn't answer my question... is a Buckeye technically considered a nut?

Dix, you just don't get it when it comes to Football. Do you have any idea who Paul Brown is? That's who the Browns are named after. Only one of the most historcal figures in the sport, from High School all the way to Pro.

We also have the ability to say PRO football began here in Canton.

Also, a buckeye can either be a nut, or the best peanut butter and chocolate mix you've ever had.

Dix, you just don't get it when it comes to Football. Do you have any idea who Paul Brown is? That's who the Browns are named after. Only one of the most historcal figures in the sport, from High School all the way to Pro.

Also, a buckeye can either be a nut, or the best peanut butter and chocolate mix you've ever had.
Dixie thinks that cause they have one kids team that's pretty good that they know something about a mans game. There's only one state in the south east that knows anything about football and that's Florida.

Yeah, I know who Paul Brown is, big name in PRO football... do you know who Paul BRYANT is? How about Wallace Wade? How about Frank Thomas? How about Eli Abbott? These are some of the most historical figures in COLLEGE football, and that is what we're discussing here.

But, it is nice to confirm a Buckeye is a NUT... like I said, that explains a LOT!

Last edited:
Dixie thinks that cause they have one kids team that's pretty good that they know something about a mans game. There's only one state in the south east that knows anything about football and that's Florida.

Really? I seem to recall watching our "kids team" whip Florida to the point of humiliation.

If you want to give Dix a hard time, I have no problem with it. But lets not get carried away and talk like Florida is the only southern team that plays a "man's game". Bama has been punching the ball down people's throats and stopping great offenses for longer than either of us have been alive. A few off years don't erase that.

I know who Paul Brown was. I understand that he revolutionized the game.

no the buckeye wannabee is not still smarting from LSU crushing Ohio Slow.

Again, they haven't recovered since:good4u:

Yeah, I know who Paul Brown is, big name in PRO football... do you know who Paul BRYANT is? How about Wallace Wade? How about Frank Thomas? How about Eli Abbott? These are some of the most historical figures in COLLEGE football, and that is what we're discussing here.

But, it is nice to confirm a Buckeye is a NUT... like I said, that explains a LOT!
See Dixie, that's how ignorant you of about Football. Paul Brown coached the most dominant high school dynasty in the history of High School Football in the Massilon Tigers. He's the only coach to win a State Championship in High School, National Championship in College and Pro Championships.

Really? I seem to recall watching our "kids team" whip Florida to the point of humiliation.

If you want to give Dix a hard time, I have no problem with it. But lets not get carried away and talk like Florida is the only southern team that plays a "man's game". Bama has been punching the ball down people's throats and stopping great offenses for longer than either of us have been alive. A few off years don't erase that.

I know who Paul Brown was. I understand that he revolutionized the game.
I'm referring to the Miami Dolphins.

Sheesh, you guys keep talking about the kids game. I'm talking about the MAN's game. The Pros!

The pros?? WTF? Men getting paid large sums of money to play?

College ball is about the love of the game. Most of those kids playing college ball will never play in a pro game and they know it. But they play their hearts out every saturday. Man's game? A man will refuse to play unless he is paid?

No, college ball is a man's game. They play it for the love of the game and for their team.

Back