Trump’s “Vastly Overpriced” $100,000 “Swiss Watch” Is Probably Made in China, Experts Say

That does not fix the damage trump has done to real Swiss watches, and to those that own them.
He hasn't done any damage... Do you have one... and now you're going to abandon it Because you only think of President Trump's watches when you look at it?🤣

He hasn't done any damage...
Claiming his inferior watch is Swiss made, when it is not, does damage to the Swiss brand name. And definitely does damage to Swiss manufacturers who lost business. If he wanted to sell Swiss made watches, he should have had his watches made in Switzerland.

It makes you wonder whether he would do the same thing to America? Would he have "made in the USA" labels put on Chinese made stuff? Once someone lies on one important issue, they are more likely to lie on other important issues. And once his supporters, like Top, say they do not care if trump lies about where something was made, then he is certainly more likely to lie about where other stuff is made.

This may have been a trial balloon for whether he can get away with lying about where stuff is made.

Claiming his inferior watch is Swiss made, when it is not, does damage to the Swiss brand name. And definitely does damage to Swiss manufacturers who lost business. If he wanted to sell Swiss made watches, he should have had his watches made in Switzerland.

It makes you wonder whether he would do the same thing to America? Would he have "made in the USA" labels put on Chinese made stuff? Once someone lies on one important issue, they are more likely to lie on other important issues. And once his supporters, like Top, say they do not care if trump lies about where something was made, then he is certainly more likely to lie about where other stuff is made.

This may have been a trial balloon for whether he can get away with lying about where stuff is made.
It Damages no one...no one lost business... If you don't
Want to buy one don't buy one... If someone wants to buy one they can... You really need to stop worrying...:)

Want to buy one don't buy one... If someone wants to buy one they can... You really need to stop worrying...:)
In fairness, TOP,
laughing at a pigfucking orangutan
isn't exactly the same as worrying.

Nevertheless, I recognize and appreciate your intent
to alleviate perceived worry in Walter.

Well done.(y)

Reactions: TOP
OK, picture trump was selling cars labeled "made in America", but were really made in China. The American workers who would have made those cars would not have jobs, and would have lost business. Also the American brand name would be damaged by any defects in those cars. And any cars really made in America would be suspect.

Origin labels are important. It is amazing that trump supporters, of all people, do not realize this.

In fairness, TOP,
laughing at a pigfucking orangutan
isn't exactly the same as worrying.

Nevertheless, I recognize and appreciate your intent
to alleviate perceived worry in Walter.

Well done.(y)
I worry about people getting overly stressed here about silly Stuff.. you know that...

OK, picture trump was selling cars labeled "made in America", but were really made in China. The American workers who would have made those cars would not have jobs, and would have lost business. Also the American brand name would be damaged by any defects in those cars. And any cars really made in America would be suspect.

Origin labels are important. It is amazing that trump supporters, of all people, do not realize this.
We're talking about the watches... If you Aren't sure they are properly labeled Don't buy one...just that simple... If someone does buy one and finds a problem with it I bet we will hear about it... If
That happens I'll find you And provide a link...

We're talking about the watches...
People make watches too. It is big business for Switzerland. In fact, it is a bigger part of the Swiss economy than cars are in the American economy.

trump can make whatever he wants. The problem here is that he is lying about the origin. he is stealing reputation from others. It just is not right.

If you Aren't sure they are properly labeled Don't buy one...
So we allow trump to lie about where something was made, and then as an answer we say do not buy anything from that location because we can never be sure? That is far worse.

That would mean that we would all just buy Chinese made goods, because at least they are not lying about where they are coming from. That would completely destroy American manufacturing.

We're talking about the watches... If you Aren't sure they are properly labeled Don't buy one...just that simple... If someone does buy one and finds a problem with it I bet we will hear about it... If
Thanks for bumping Ken's thread thirteen times and counting. Didn't your handler tell you that's a no-no? :LOL:

Sellers of such goods may infringe on either the trademark, patent or copyright of the brand owner by passing off its goods as made by the brand owner. Counterfeit products made up 5 to 7% of world trade in 2013, and in 2014 cost an estimated 2.5 million jobs worldwide.
The spread of counterfeit goods are worldwide, with the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) in 2008 having estimated the global value of all counterfeit goods at $650 billion annually, increasing to $1.77 trillion by 2015.

I have worn mechanical watches for years and follow a couple of watch forums daily. Trump, as he does with most of his merchandise, leased his name to a manufacturer and takes a cut from the sales It's called capitalism, a term that is not understood by the alt-lefties on board here.

Is it worth $100 grand? Hell no? Will it increase in value? Not likely. Is it Swiss Made? Yes. Does it affect any malcontent lefties? Only in their warped TDS riddled brains.

What will really piss them off is the new Trunmp $2 bill that is just coming out. Get ready for more panic from singlemankenny and the usual suspects over that one.

I am pasting a post from a moderator on one of the watch forums I follow. I don't think I can direct link pics to verify because one has to be logged in to view, but here is the text.

"Olivier Mory is the watchmaker behind BCP Tourbillons that mass produces the affordable caliber BCP T02 tourbillon in the Swiss Jura. The caliber T02 shares the same technical specs as the one you're eyeing - Swiss Made in La-Chaux-de-Fonds, 19 jewels, beats at a frequency of 3 Hz (21'600 bph), 105-hr power reserve and KIF shock absorbers for a high shock resistance of up to 5000G.

In 2021, the caliber T02 made waves when it debuted in the Ba1110d Chapter 4 tourbillon for just 4'000 CHF. After that, the caliber T02 has been fitted in a variety of other brands at similarly accessible prices, including the Louis Erard x Alain Silberstein Regulator Tourbillon, Patria Brigadier Tourbillon, Delma 1924 Tourbillon, Code41 T360 Tourbillon, Yema Yachtingraf Tourbillon, Horage, Bremont, and on & on. Notably, all of these are priced < USD$30,000. On the other hand, the one you're looking at is solid 18K gold with diamonds."

[td width="20%"]
[/td]​

solid 18K gold with diamonds.

Reactions: TOP
How else is he going to pay for the lawfare?
Classic projection since that's exactly what Pedo Don has promised he'd do.

From golden Chinese sneakers to golden Chinese watches, Trump is proving to be China's best salesman evah! :rofl2:

Name another politician in America, much less a President, who would lower themselves to become a narcissistic huckster shilling cheap goods with their name on it?

We're talking about the watches... If you Aren't sure they are properly labeled?Don't buy one... If someone does buy one and finds a problem with it I'm sure we will hear about it and I will be sure to let you know...
I have worn mechanical watches for years and follow a couple of watch forums daily. Trump, as he does with most of his merchandise, leased his name to a manufacturer and takes a cut from the sales It's called capitalism, a term that is not understood by the alt-lefties on board here.

Is it worth $100 grand? Hell no? Will it increase in value? Not likely. Is it Swiss Made? Yes. Does it affect any malcontent lefties? Only in their warped TDS riddled brains.

What will really piss them off is the new Trunmp $2 bill that is just coming out. Get ready for more panic from singlemankenny and the usual suspects over that one.

I am pasting a post from a moderator on one of the watch forums I follow. I don't think I can direct link pics to verify because one has to be logged in to view, but here is the text.

"Olivier Mory is the watchmaker behind BCP Tourbillons that mass produces the affordable caliber BCP T02 tourbillon in the Swiss Jura. The caliber T02 shares the same technical specs as the one you're eyeing - Swiss Made in La-Chaux-de-Fonds, 19 jewels, beats at a frequency of 3 Hz (21'600 bph), 105-hr power reserve and KIF shock absorbers for a high shock resistance of up to 5000G.

In 2021, the caliber T02 made waves when it debuted in the Ba1110d Chapter 4 tourbillon for just 4'000 CHF. After that, the caliber T02 has been fitted in a variety of other brands at similarly accessible prices, including the Louis Erard x Alain Silberstein Regulator Tourbillon, Patria Brigadier Tourbillon, Delma 1924 Tourbillon, Code41 T360 Tourbillon, Yema Yachtingraf Tourbillon, Horage, Bremont, and on & on. Notably, all of these are priced < USD$30,000. On the other hand, the one you're looking at is solid 18K gold with diamonds."

[td width="20%"]
Th

[/td]​

solid 18K gold with diamonds.

It's a nice looking watch...that's what makes them crazy...;) As for where the parts are manufactured, no one but you actually bothered to look and check that out...;) They're so quick to just scream....
I keep telling them they don't have to buy one...but I think they're tempted...;) When is the $2 bill due to be releases?

Back