TURKEY ALTERNATIVE?

signalmankenneth

Verified User
TURKEY ALTERNATIVE ----- OR THE ANSWER TO "GEE, I'M HUNGRY FOR SOMETHING BUT DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS!!!"

The recipe below says that a medium rattler is 3-4 pounds, so I guess this one will make a whole lot of deep-fried rattlesnake!! Watch those hiking trails!

THEY GROW 'EM BIG IN TEXAS!!!

This snake was recently found at the old Turkey Creek gas plant located just south of the Alibates Turnoff on Highway 136 south of Fritch , Texas ............
[THAT'S JUST NORTH OF AMARILLO .

download

A reminder that these creatures are actually out there and no matter what you believe, sometimes they should get not only prescriptive rights to be there but the full right of way!

9 feet, 1 inch - 97 lbs.

No matter what anybody else tells you, kill the snake before you try to do anything else to it! It's the safest way for you and the snake doesn't care anymore.

DEEP-FRIED RATTLESNAKE

1 medium-sized rattlesnake (3-4 lbs.), cut into steaks
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup cracker crumbs
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (not garlic salt)
1 teaspoon salt
dash pepper

Mix dry ingredients. Whisk milk into beaten egg and use to dip snake steaks.

Then coat them with dry ingredients. Fry, uncovered, in 400 degree oil until brown. (Mouth Watering Isn't It?)

TURKEY ALTERNATIVE ----- OR THE ANSWER TO "GEE, I'M HUNGRY FOR SOMETHING BUT DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS!!!"

The recipe below says that a medium rattler is 3-4 pounds, so I guess this one will make a whole lot of deep-fried rattlesnake!! Watch those hiking trails!

THEY GROW 'EM BIG IN TEXAS!!!

This snake was recently found at the old Turkey Creek gas plant located just south of the Alibates Turnoff on Highway 136 south of Fritch , Texas ............
[THAT'S JUST NORTH OF AMARILLO .

download

A reminder that these creatures are actually out there and no matter what you believe, sometimes they should get not only prescriptive rights to be there but the full right of way!

9 feet, 1 inch - 97 lbs.

No matter what anybody else tells you, kill the snake before you try to do anything else to it! It's the safest way for you and the snake doesn't care anymore.

DEEP-FRIED RATTLESNAKE

1 medium-sized rattlesnake (3-4 lbs.), cut into steaks
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup cracker crumbs
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (not garlic salt)
1 teaspoon salt
dash pepper

Mix dry ingredients. Whisk milk into beaten egg and use to dip snake steaks.

Then coat them with dry ingredients. Fry, uncovered, in 400 degree oil until brown. (Mouth Watering Isn't It?)

YEP

Yeah...like I said guy logic ;)

ID, he is not lying to you. Rattlesnake actually does taste like chicken. If anything, its leaner. Of course, no drumsticks or wings.

I went to the Opp Rattlesnake Rodeo several times in my youth, and had snake fried or grilled. Tasty stuff.

But then, I think froglegs taste like chicken too. And they are delicious.

ID, he is not lying to you. Rattlesnake actually does taste like chicken. If anything, its leaner. Of course, no drumsticks or wings.

I went to the Opp Rattlesnake Rodeo several times in my youth, and had snake fried or grilled. Tasty stuff.

But then, I think froglegs taste like chicken too. And they are delicious.

Nope uh-uh-not gonna buy or try it- You guys eat all the snake and frogs you can muster!

Back