TURKEY ALTERNATIVE?

ID, think of it as gourmet cuisine. Its delicious. Live a little and have some fun with adventurous meals.

ID, think of it as gourmet cuisine. Its delicious. Live a little and have some fun with adventurous meals.

I think I can live a little with delicicious cuisine without resorting to "me Tarzan you Jane" food :)

Reptiles, amphibians and rodents are not adventurous meals, they are survial protein for he-men...you fellas have at it!

I think I can live a little with delicicious cuisine without resorting to "me Tarzan you Jane" food :)

Reptiles, amphibians and rodents are not adventurous meals, they are survial protein for he-men...you fellas have at it!

LOL! Nah, thats just the image you have in your head. Reptiles & amphibians are actually less likely to carry many bacterial hazards, since they are cold-blooded.

Besides, if you ever eat hotdogs or bologna, you are eating much worse.

So I guess this means I shouldn't save a spot for you at the Opp Rattlesnake Rodeo picnic tables? lol

Nope uh-uh-not gonna buy or try it- You guys eat all the snake and frogs you can muster!
Oh you missing out big time. I've ate gator, rattlesnake and frog legs. Fried rattler is good but a lot of bones. I had gator at a Cajun place in Memphis that made Jambalaya with it and it was to die for and anyone who hasn't had fried frog legs is missing a real treat. I like mine lightly breaded, deep fried (or pan fried in butter) and dipped in shrimp cocktail sauce. But I defy someone to eat some next to some chicken and tell me it taste like chicken! The meat in all three is lighter in flavor then chicken (chicken has a more savory flavor) with a firmer and flakier texture (and gets real tough and rubbery if you over cook it but it doesn't get dry like chicken) and is far leaner then chicken. Gator and Frog legs have a slightly piquant seafood flavor to them as well. There all three good eats.....but they don't taste like chicken (unless you're a god awful cook!)

Ehh you do have a point. A good chef can make a decent meal out of old shoe leather.

Picture Gone?

Here is a smaller picture of the 97lb pound snake!

00000000000000000000ox1.jpg

http://davidasteen.blogspot.com/2009/07/return-of-giant-killed-rattlesnake.html

I would not like to be bitten by one of these snakes!

Oh you missing out big time. I've ate gator, rattlesnake and frog legs. Fried rattler is good but a lot of bones. I had gator at a Cajun place in Memphis that made Jambalaya with it and it was to die for and anyone who hasn't had fried frog legs is missing a real treat. I like mine lightly breaded, deep fried (or pan fried in butter) and dipped in shrimp cocktail sauce. But I defy someone to eat some next to some chicken and tell me it taste like chicken! The meat in all three is lighter in flavor then chicken (chicken has a more savory flavor) with a firmer and flakier texture (and gets real tough and rubbery if you over cook it but it doesn't get dry like chicken) and is far leaner then chicken. Gator and Frog legs have a slightly piquant seafood flavor to them as well. There all three good eats.....but they don't taste like chicken (unless you're a god awful cook!)

SEE...I knew it! Ain't none of it tasting like chicken! One honest man out of the bunch of ya :)

The most daring things I have eaten...and liked (hated raw oysters) Was abalone and crawdads. The crawdads I ate when I was like 7. I remember eating them and liking them; though as an adult I have not had opportuinity nor inclination to try them again. My mom had told my brothers you could eat crawdads when they came home with some from our creek. Soon there after they and their buddies came home with buckets of them and asked to have her cook them up...it's one of those rare memories where the sights and smells-the sounds even- are clear as day. All of us sitting around out on the patio in cut-off shorts us girls in our swimsuit tops with piles of crawdads on our plates and koolaid stains on our upper lip!

We had old slews that ran all over the countryside when we moved north a few years later, that were famous for catfish and frogs. My brothers went out gigging frog all the time. But by this time I was 12 and I was having no part of eating frogs-not then and I don't feel much inclined to change now :)

LOL! Nah, thats just the image you have in your head. Reptiles & amphibians are actually less likely to carry many bacterial hazards, since they are cold-blooded.

Besides, if you ever eat hotdogs or bologna, you are eating much worse.

So I guess this means I shouldn't save a spot for you at the Opp Rattlesnake Rodeo picnic tables? lol

Nope umm-uh not having any of it.

I will submit that maybe...just maybe if I was somewhere famous for their frog legs I might be tempted into trying it-snake never ever :)

SEE...I knew it! Ain't none of it tasting like chicken! One honest man out of the bunch of ya :)

The most daring things I have eaten...and liked (hated raw oysters) Was abalone and crawdads. The crawdads I ate when I was like 7. I remember eating them and liking them; though as an adult I have not had opportuinity nor inclination to try them again. My mom had told my brothers you could eat crawdads when they came home with some from our creek. Soon there after they and their buddies came home with buckets of them and asked to have her cook them up...it's one of those rare memories where the sights and smells-the sounds even- are clear as day. All of us sitting around out on the patio in cut-off shorts us girls in our swimsuit tops with piles of crawdads on our plates and koolaid stains on our upper lip!

We had old slews that ran all over the countryside when we moved north a few years later, that were famous for catfish and frogs. My brothers went out gigging frog all the time. But by this time I was 12 and I was having no part of eating frogs-not then and I don't feel much inclined to change now :)
Oh man I love crawdads. When available I'll buy about 3 or 4 lbs. I'll put them in a pot, with about a cup of white wine, a tbsp of old bay and heaping tbs of butter. I"ll bring that to a boil, cover, reduce to low and cook for five minutes. I'll then put the crawfish into a bowl and reduce the wine and butter to a dipping sauce. My wife and I can make short work out of them. I also love crawfish ettoufe.

You'll change your tune, when that catasrophy hits and then you'll be telling us thanks for that survival protein. :clink:

That's not true. I've eaten rattlesnake several times. Fried and in a stew. Fried was good, it was tough in the stew but it tasted like.....well....rattlesnake.

It was a comment based on how it's prepared.
If you cook it the same way as chicken (same ingrediants), then it ends up with the same taste.
Grilled gives it a taste that is entirely different.

Back