U.S. Supreme Court Ruling: ATHEISM IS RELIGION

Cypress:

I wrote a response to PostmodernProphet at post 391 over 24 hours ago, informing him that literal hellfire torment is not supported by scripture. He ignored my message because he chooses to believe false religions dogma.
don't worry about it child........I'll be ignoring you forever........if you want to get a message to me just ask God to pass it on.....it will be faster.......

Over a decade?

You are a newcomer to the debate.

Atheism is not a religion. It is a position about the REALITY of existence based on a blind guess...just as most "religions" are also positions taken about the REALITY of existence based on blind guesses.

The strong defenses offered for the blind guesses of both atheism and theism are laughable...with their only virtue being that one of them, accidentally, is correct.

We MAY NEVER know if the essential guess of theism is correct...that there is a GOD of some kind. We WILL NEVER know if the essential guess of atheism is correct...that there are no gods.

The logical and reasonable default for the essential question is: I do not know.

I suspect the world would be a much better place if that were (closer to universally) acknowledged.
I don’t believe I will win the lottery. Why? Because I understand probability. I don’t believe in God. Why? There is neither evidence of or a need for God. Those positions are both logical. The opposite position is not logical. I would suggest that your position that both are equally possible is incorrect.

I don’t believe I will win the lottery. Why? Because I understand probability. I don’t believe in God. Why? There is neither evidence of or a need for God. Those positions are both logical. The opposite position is not logical. I would suggest that your position that both are equally possible is incorrect.
Let me ask you this then:

We do not know if there are any sentient beings on any of the planets circling the nearest 25 stars to Sol. There is neither evidence of nor a need for any sentient beings on any of those planets.

Which of the following would you say is THE MOST LOGICAL thing to say about that:

1) I believe (or do not believe) there are no sentient beings on any of those planets.
2) I believe (or do not believe) there are sentient beings on at least one of those planets.
3) I believe (or do not believe) it is more likely that there are sentient beings on at least one of those planets than that there are none on any.
4) I believe (or do not believe) it is more likely that there are no sentient beings on any of those planets than that there is at least one on one of them.
5) We have no idea if there are or are not any sentient beings on any of those planets...and I have no logical, rational basis for making a guess in either direction on the issue.

We do not know if there are any sentient beings on any of the planets circling the nearest 25 stars to Sol. There is neither evidence of nor a need for any sentient beings on any of those planets.

Which of the following would you say is THE MOST LOGICAL thing to say about that:

1) I believe (or do not believe) there are no sentient beings on any of those planets.
2) I believe (or do not believe) there are sentient beings on at least one of those planets.
3) I believe (or do not believe) it is more likely that there are sentient beings on at least one of those planets than that there are none on any.
4) I believe (or do not believe) it is more likely that there are no sentient beings on any of those planets than that there is at least one on one of them.
5) We have no idea if there are or are not any sentient beings on any of those planets...and I have no logical, rational basis for making a guess in either direction on the issue.
God cannot be on a planet, or a star system or a universe. If a sentinent being exists in the physical world then that being is not ‘God’. Might that being be thought of as God? Yes, but that isn’t what we’re discussing. We are discussing a supernatural entity that does not operate in the natural world but created it. You are changing the definition of God. Stating a belief is NOT stating that something is a fact.

In your example we look to science. We know what conditions existed on Earth, we know that there are other planets with those conditions so a belief that other planets have sentiment beings because that is a logical conclusion. We have NOTHING to suggest that God exists, and we never can.

Last edited:

You have to provide more info on those planets to make that judgement. But you won’t. Just like the god you refer to.

God cannot be on a planet, or a star system or a universe. If a sentinent being exists in the physical world then that being is not ‘God’. Might that being be thought of as God? Yes, but that isn’t what we’re discussing. We are discussing a supernatural entity that does not operate in the natural world but created it. You are changing the definition of God. Stating a belief is NOT stating that something is a fact.

In your example we look to science. We know what conditions existed on Earth, we know that there are other planets with those conditions so a belief that other planets have sentiment beings because that is a logical conclusion. We have NOTHING to suggest that God exists, and we never can.
The correct answer was #5.

Any logical, reasonable, honest person would have chosen that.

You have to provide more info on those planets to make that judgement. But you won’t. Just like the god you refer to.
Don't have to.

WE DO NOT KNOW ENOUGH ABOUT ANY OF THOSE PLANETS TO MAKE A REASONABLE GUESS.

You know that. But...deal with your refusal to acknowledge it.

Obtenebrator:

The key phrase is "something of overwhelming importance to a person." The term "football is his religion" used by the dictionary is merely an example.

But it is trivial. Just because something is important does not mean it is a religion. This is used as a kind of "common parlance" to denote a rather more hyperbolic thing. In other words when someone says "Stamp collecting is his religion" it does NOT mean the same thing as "His religion is Catholicism". Not even marginally close.

If you want to seriously discuss belief then you have to allow that there is a space where belief is not there. That does not amount to a belief.

The ABSENCE of a belief is NOT a belief. That is basic logic.

In the case of atheists, the example that Collins Dictionary would have used instead of "football is his religion" would be "Atheism is his religion." You follow?

Not even close.

Don't have to.

WE DO NOT KNOW ENOUGH ABOUT ANY OF THOSE PLANETS TO MAKE A REASONABLE GUESS.

You know that. But...deal with your refusal to acknowledge it.
Except we DO know enough about gods because people have defined their characteristics. Everybody but you.

which one is different?........perhaps you've read them wrong again........
You don’t know your own holy book well enough to know the Jesus birth stories? Holy shit! That’s a sad fucking statement, but it does prove your ignorance about your own religion and theology.

Except we DO know enough about gods because people have defined their characteristics. Everybody but you.
I have defined what I mean by "gods". Because you cannot continue your bullshit considering that definition does not mean anything to me.

You asked me to define what I mean by a god. I gave you a thorough answer.

Deal with it...or STFU.

I have defined what I mean by "gods". Because you cannot continue your bullshit considering that definition does not mean anything to me.

You asked me to define what I mean by a god. I gave you a thorough answer.

Deal with it...or STFU.
I know. The “creator of the universe”. That’s it.

Here’s news. The “creator of the universe” died. There is no god. BAM!

You don’t know your own holy book well enough to know the Jesus birth stories? Holy shit! That’s a sad fucking statement, but it does prove your ignorance about your own religion and theology.
dude......have been waiting all year for you to RIGHT about something relating to my religion........so far nothing........I doubt you can even find a Jesus birth story let alone talk about it properly.......

dude......have been waiting all year for you to RIGHT about something relating to my religion........so far nothing........I doubt you can even find a Jesus birth story let alone talk about it properly.......
^A lawyer who can’t define perjury and a cunt-calling “Christian” that doesn’t know the stories of his own god’s birth and death.

How fucking pathetic is THAT?

Who invented the gall bladder?

I know. The “creator of the universe”. That’s it.

Here’s news. The “creator of the universe” died. There is no god. BAM!
I did not say "The creator of the universe."

Perhaps you ought to learn to read with compression. If you can, of course.

Back