Unattractive people overrate their looks

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
Study: Unattractive people far overestimate their looks, while beautiful people tend to underestimate their looks

The finding is remarkably similar to the Dunning-Kruger effect, which describes how incompetent people tend to overestimate their own competency

Now, new research reveals another disparity: Unattractive people seem less able to accurately judge their own attractiveness, and they tend to overestimate their looks. In contrast, beautiful people tend to rate themselves more accurately. If anything, they underestimate their attractiveness.

https://bigthink.com/health/science...ts to,attractive people underrate their looks.

There have been a lot of dudes on jpp dot com who bluster about how irresistible they supposedly are to chicks.

Study: Unattractive people far overestimate their looks, while beautiful people tend to underestimate their looks

The finding is remarkably similar to the Dunning-Kruger effect, which describes how incompetent people tend to overestimate their own competency

Now, new research reveals another disparity: Unattractive people seem less able to accurately judge their own attractiveness, and they tend to overestimate their looks. In contrast, beautiful people tend to rate themselves more accurately. If anything, they underestimate their attractiveness.

https://bigthink.com/health/science...ts to,attractive people underrate their looks.

I love the abject pomposity of this thread. It's so leftist.

more leftist opposite shit posting.............they never give up trying to persuade others on how they should live and what their reality should be

Interesting

I have always considered myself average looking

Maybe that means I’m actually above average looking?

I never wear makeup and find fashion boring as hell

I’m much more interested in people being interesting than attractive as my friends

Looks are a small measure of human kind

One of my girlfriends told me just the other day- "You're so damned ugly- you're kinda' cute"!

PettyUglyJanenschia-size_restricted.gif

Interesting

I’m much more interested in people being interesting than attractive as my friends

I think this research verifies what we all suspected.

Donald Trumpf thinks he is irresistible to women. I never thought Sarah Palin was that hot, but she seemingly had a high opinion of herself.

Jennifer Lawrence is very modest about her looks, and in her heyday I think Sophia Loren was pretty modest about herself.

Humility is much more attractive than false bluster

To me it increases hotness exponentially

I intuitively don't believe this, not does it coincide with my personal observations.

Interesting

No, that means you're fugly.

Back