Unattractive people overrate their looks

You're right, Melania had some kind of surgery that's not flattering

Still, if we compared her to all other 55 year old women I think 97 percent of people would agree that she is objectively nice looking for a middle aged woman, even if she doesn't suit our own personal tastes and preferences.

From the neck down. I don't care for plastic Barbie-doll or Ken-doll looking people in the least. Her plastic face does suit her plastic personality though, I'll give her that. lol

Explain exactly how it's "pompous" to post this study.
There have been a lot of dudes on jpp dot com who bluster about how irresistible they supposedly are to chicks.
The pomposity is how you constantly blow your own horn about how fucking humble , intelligent and interesting you are with your stupid 'theories', lol.
And who here blusters about how irresistible they are to chicks?

Interesting reading on the study.

While the comparison to the Dunning-Kruger Effect is a good one, I have two additional thoughts. One is that human beings are social animals. Despite the American culture of individuality, even Americans want to "fit in". Euros and Asians even more so. Therefore, the Goldilocks Principle may be more applicable than Dunning-Kruger: People try to move toward the middle and away from the edges. They desire to be "normal".

A second thought is that "attractiveness" is a malleable social standard, not a universal one. This, too, is related to the Goldilocks Principle of "normal". Tall, short, fat, thin, light skin, dark skin and other superficial human traits vary among human groups. Attractiveness is relative to those groupings. This malleability of what is attractive is still seen in American advertising, with female models setting a Barbie-doll like unrealistic standard of beauty with full on airbrushing and digital enhancement. The people judging who is attractive and who is less so do it from their own social standards.

https://standard.asl.org/17556/opinions/unrealistic-body-standards-create-toxic-environment/
Unrealistic body standards create toxic environment
Good points, attractiveness is a fluid combination of factors, but it probably starts with the face. Eyes, smiles, and classically beautiful proportions are the first thing people tend to notice.

I think almost all humans have a general sense of objectively nice looks.

Every model I have seen in the SI swimsuit issue and every single Victoria's Secret model I have seen I can say are objectively nice looking people, even if some of them don't necessarily suit my own personal preferences and taste.

The pomposity is how you constantly blow your own horn about how fucking humble , intelligent and interesting you are with your stupid 'theories', lol.
And who here blusters about how irresistible they are to chicks?

The Yakuda claim was made about this thread, not about your latent resentments. Tell me exactly how posting this study was "pompous".

From the neck down. I don't care for plastic Barbie-doll or Ken-doll looking people in the least. Her plastic face does suit her plastic personality though, I'll give her that. lol

I agree that there are aspects of her looks I could criticize too. That comes down to personal taste.

But I still think if you put Melania and 100 other randomly chosen 55 year old people in an auditorium, there would be overwhelming consensus that'l she is objectively nice looking for a middle aged woman.

The verify it. That didn't take long.
Ask the female posters here if they know any male posters who have bragged about being irresistible to women

So you can't actually demonstrate in any credible way that this thread was "pompous"

Ask the female posters here if they know any male posters who have bragged about being irresistible to women

So you can't actually demonstrate in any credible way that this thread was "pompous"

He's banned now, but that Polish kid who used his real shirt-less pic in his profile was one of them. He was fat and furry and ugly, but claimed women thought he was hot. So did the late and unlamented Bull&Terrier/Capt. Underpants.

He's banned now, but that Polish kid who used his real shirt-less pic in his profile was one of them. He was fat and furry and ugly, but claimed women thought he was hot. So did the late and unlamented Bull&Terrier/Capt. Underpants.
Almost too many to name!

I have been registered here since 2006 and there isn't the slightest shred of doubt we have had dudes who bragged about how irresistible they are to chicks.

More importantly, nobody has precisely explained to me why writing that some dudes consider themselves chick magnets is a "pompous" thing to post.

Oh, I know exactly what you're talking about.
Native Alaskan women throwing themselves onto white males working in their villages. What's lost on you, The Most Intelligent and Interesting Man on the Internet, and Doris, Foul, et al , is the violence and sexual assault problem Native women endure. It's a real problem. I have to assume their lust for white males is their desire for actual tenderness rather than violent sex.
Already did. You were doing fine with the OP, then followed up with post #2.

Native Alaskan women throwing themselves onto white males working in their villages. What's lost on you, The Most Intelligent and Interesting Man on the Internet, and Doris, Foul, et al , is the violence and sexual assault problem Native women endure. It's a real problem. I have to assume their lust for white males is their desire for actual tenderness rather than violent sex.

Talk about pompous. You actually read what I write, and think it's somehow all about you?

There are many examples of dudes on this board who brag they are chick magnets >>>
https://www.justplainpolitics.com/s...le-overrate-their-looks&p=5402093#post5402093

You need to precisely explain why writing that some dudes consider themselves chick magnets is a "pompous" thing to post.

Almost too many to name!

I have been registered here since 2006 and there isn't the slightest shred of doubt we have had dudes who bragged about how irresistible they are to chicks.

More importantly, nobody has precisely explained to me why writing that some dudes consider themselves chick magnets is a "pompous" thing to post.

It's funny that moose is demanding that you show proof. He's one of those guys who has often stated how women -- Native Alaskan women -- threw themselves at him. And thus the truth emerges -- his insistence about you being "pompous" because you said that some JPP males have said that they're chick magnets cut deep, very deep. :laugh:

You need to precisely explain why writing that some dudes consider themselves chick magnets is a "pompous" thing to post.
Already did. Posting it directly after your sensible OP is an obvious insinuation of how fucking righteous you are, as usual.

Attractiveness is very related to the perception of HEALTH

NOT TOO FAT

NOT TOO SKINNY

HEALTHY HAIR AND SKIN

SYMMETRY OF FEATURES AND BODY STRUCTURE

People make these decisions subconsciously for the most part

It helps if the subject has features the person is familiar with in their own bloodline

Good that you deleted your insensitive post concerning AK Native women. :good4u:

Edit: Never mind. I see you didn't.

Last edited:
Back