UP: Greatest Disney movie ever?

UP: Greatest Disney movie ever?

• Same as above but I also say no... wait...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This is true. I sat down with the family a few years ago and endured Cinderella II - the worst movie ever made. I could probably even watch Little Mermaid II and not want to kill myself, but I strongly warn anyone here against submitting themselves to Cinderella II.

Monster's Inc. was pretty good, but I'm surprised they would make a third Toy Story before making A Bug's Life II... Oh, well, Toy Story is an excellent franchise, and beloved as the first Pixar entry.

What the hell would you watch any of the girlie sequel ones for? I have a three year old girl that I won't even rent those god-aweful things for. The story is the story, there is no sequel, and you should kill yourself next time you decide to whank yourself off to the Mermaid.

Wall-E was better. UP in 3-D was pretty cool, and I like it pulled at your heartstrings immediatly. There were women in the theater actually crying within 5 minutes of it starting. Definatly in Disney's top 5, but not the best.
Wall-E sucked.

Wall-E sucked, as do most movies that try to teach you some political point in cartoon form. BTW - Watch the Virtual Stock Game today...

Dude, why did you even read into it, it's a Cartoon animation film about a robot built to clean-up shit. It's your fault for not seeing the joy in the film, and you'd rather focus on the political aspect of it.

*Hint* When watching cartoon films, be sure to remember you aren't looking for material for your message board, you are watching it for shit's and giggles.

Dude, why did you even read into it, it's a Cartoon animation film about a robot built to clean-up shit. It's your fault for not seeing the joy in the film, and you'd rather focus on the political aspect of it.

*Hint* When watching cartoon films, be sure to remember you aren't looking for material for your message board, you are watching it for shit's and giggles.
I cannot take the propaganda training I received in the military and make it go away. I watch for it all the time, just like I watch the news and see things like reporter embeds that release information that gives free intel out to our enemies.

Do you believe that children watching this didn't take some portion of the political theme, even subconsciously, with them when they left the theater?

Even taking that away, it took too long to develop and was full of boredom.

And I didn't "read into it", it was clear what its point was, it took no reading, several times they actually stated it outrightly.

I cannot take the propaganda training I received in the military and make it go away. I watch for it all the time, just like I watch the news and see things like reporter embeds that release information that gives free intel out to our enemies.

Do you believe that children watching this didn't take some portion of the political theme, even subconsciously, with them when they left the theater?

Even taking that away, it took too long to develop and was full of boredom.

And I didn't "read into it", it was clear what its point was, it took no reading, several times they actually stated it outrightly.

The only political statement I can get out of it is if we don't clean up our act, Earth won't be habitable. Oh, and we need to quit being so lazy before we become globs of goo through the evolutionary process. If kids take that with them, then good, there is nothing wrong with kids being conscious about the earth they live on. But to me, a good movie needs a storyline, and Wall-E needed a reason to exist.

You catch the political statement in 'Finding Nemo' as well? 'UP' had some too... you can find a political statement in everything if you really want to, but that makes life suck.

The only political statement I can get out of it is if we don't clean up our act, Earth won't be habitable. Oh, and we need to quit being so lazy before we become globs of goo through the evolutionary process. If kids take that with them, then good, there is nothing wrong with kids being conscious about the earth they live on. But to me, a good movie needs a storyline, and Wall-E needed a reason to exist.

You catch the political statement in 'Finding Nemo' as well? 'UP' had some too... you can find a political statement in everything if you really want to, but that makes life suck.

Actually the "glob of goo" thing was what happens to a human being when they continuously live in a low gravity environment. They originally had the humans as actual blobs of goo, but they decided that that was just too weird and changed it.

As for damo, he is definitely putting too much thought into this. Wall-E was great, and it's sad that he refuses to enjoy it because he imagines it contradicts his political beliefs.

I saw the ones in "UP", however the movie was not centrally themed on it. UP was much more enjoyable because the movie wasn't basically made to teach you how they wanted you to act. It was like watching Lethal Weapon IV, that one sucked because of all the politco rubbish in it as well.

Back