Wal Mart War

toby

This is a great article. I hardly know where to start. The union is paying picketers less than what wal mart pays and they get no insurance! LOL

One picketer use to work for wal mart and has a great story to tell about how poorly he was treated.

See the min wage people and how the wal mart employess complain.

>>Picketers for Hire

The strange business of protesting jobs that may be better than yours

They're not union members; they're temp workers employed through Allied Forces/Labor Express by the union—United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW). They're making $6 an hour, with no benefits; it's 104 F, and they're protesting the working conditions inside the new Wal-Mart grocery store
But standing with a union-supplied sign on his shoulder that reads, Don't Shop WalMart: Below Area Standards, picketer and former Wal-Mart employee Sal Rivera says about the notorious working conditions of his former big-box employer: "I can't complain. It wasn't bad. They started paying me at $6.75, and after three months I was already getting $7, then I got Employee of the Month, and by the time I left (in less than one year), I was making $8.63 an hour." Rivera worked in maintenance and quit four years ago for personal reasons, he says. He would consider reapplying

"The average rate of pay for Nevada Wal-Mart workers is $10.17 an hour. We have a good insurance program, and every associate—even part-timers—are eligible for the 401k," says Mark Dyson. "There's actually different levels of insurance, dental and medical—I have a $500 deductible, but there's no cap on it. Some other companies' plans have a $1 million cap, but here there's no cap. For example, not long ago we had an associate whose husband needed a liver transplant, and that alone was $600,000; but they didn't have to worry about a cap."

For the least comprehensive medical coverage, Wal-Mart workers pay from $17.50 for individual coverage and $70.50 for family coverage biweekly, according to the company website.

http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/2005/09/08/awsi1.html

I've never understood the Pinhead War on Wal~Mart. It seems they would be less hostile to a company Hillary used to sit on the board of directors of, doesn't it?

It's amazing, if a story breaks about Halliburton, you immediately hear... Dick Cheney's old company... When a story breaks about Wal~Mart, we don't hear that it was Hillary's old company. I wonder why this is?

Back to the topic of the post.........the union is paying less than wal mart who they are protesting! IRONIC?

They did this with Cub Foods in CO... They ended up going Union, but they simply wouldn't budge on the pay levels, the Unions ended up actually negotiating a pay decrease for their members... I just LOVE Unions... NOT.

Wal-Mart sucks. Only trash shops there but anyway thats not the point of my post.

The company I work for is being picketed and has been for the past 2 years. All of the picketers are hired and paid and most of them are illegal alien day workers. LOL

Only trash shop at wal mart? What an elitist. Is John Edwards trash? Or doesn't he count because he sent an unpaid staffer to shop for him?

Where are the uniion members?

I dunno. I don't know what union is protesting us. We don't have union at our company. It isn't that kind of job that you normally see unionized.

I think some construction union is picketing us because we are having a new 10 story and 6 story building built for us and the contractors we hired aren't unionized or something.

They did this with Cub Foods in CO... They ended up going Union, but they simply wouldn't budge on the pay levels, the Unions ended up actually negotiating a pay decrease for their members... I just LOVE Unions... NOT.
I started my career as someone staunchly anti-union, and after 15 years expereience in managing in union shops, I'd rather have a union.

Not shopping at wal mart and calling the people who do trash is not the same thing. Why call poor people trash? Why are you better than the poor who shop at wal mart? You are an elitist and that is not a good thing. But at least I have to give you credit, you admit it. Good for you.

Back