Washington Post Article: Icebergs Melting

New record? Completely lame on your entire post..:pke:

What possible relevance does it have about who digs up an article from 1922...why must he have scientific qualifications...he can read and thats about it takes to research news archives.
--------------------------
AND...you're wrong on count 2....

Nobody was talking about global mean temperatures.....they were talking about the hottest years in the US....

http://www.thestar.com/News/article/246027

In the United States, the calendar year 1998 ranked as the hottest of them all – until someone checked the math.

After a Toronto skeptic tipped NASA this month to one flaw in its climate calculations, the U.S. agency ordered a full data review.

Days later, it put out a revised list of all-time hottest years. The Dust Bowl year of 1934 now ranks as hottest ever in the U.S. – not 1998.

Try reading this time...

Days later, it put out a revised list of all-time hottest years. The Dust Bowl year of 1934 now ranks as hottest ever in the U.S. – not 1998.
//
again in the US.
umm know what global means.

That's a righty's idea of a clever witticism.

They never tire of it either. "Did you see that, I called him a her, ROTFLMAO" And they all gather round and guffaw themselves silly, every time.

yeah they do have a problem distinguishing hims from hers. I guess that is why they wind up in the bed with other hims so often ?

They never tire of it either. "Did you see that, I called him a her, ROTFLMAO" And they all gather round and guffaw themselves silly, every time.
Yeah, you can tell that by the whole one time it has happened here. Unless you are talking about LadyT and the s/he remark she made earlier today.

umm the polloution from the coal fired industrial revoloution did not have an immediate impact, the ecosphere is massive and changes direction slowly.
No coals effect is immediate, read on and you'll see.
The industrial revolution was all over Europe and North America, pollution from it did not simply appear decades later in London only.
You are referring to the Great Smog of London in 1952, actually it seems were both wrong, coal was indeed responsible but certainly not from the Industrial Revolution:
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/education/secondary/students/smog.html

this article is politically motivated cherry picked speculation and has no more validity than my speculation in this post.
LOL, the article from the left-wing Washington Post is from 1922, exactly how do they cherrypick speculation that helps today's climate sceptics?
They are reporting facts, nothing more.

//
again in the US.
umm know what global means.
The article says that they reported that 1998 was the hottest year IN THE US, then later recanted.

Yes it's true, which reminds me, Damo the next him-hers guffaw party is on Aug. 27, see you there! Don't forget to bring Pat from SNL.

New record? Completely lame on your entire post..:pke:

What possible relevance does it have about who digs up an article from 1922...why must he have scientific qualifications...he can read and thats about it takes to research news archives.
--------------------------
AND...you're wrong on count 2....

Nobody was talking about global mean temperatures.....they were talking about the hottest years in the US....

http://www.thestar.com/News/article/246027

In the United States, the calendar year 1998 ranked as the hottest of them all – until someone checked the math.

After a Toronto skeptic tipped NASA this month to one flaw in its climate calculations, the U.S. agency ordered a full data review.

First, I have no idea what "D.C. Resident's" scientific qualification are. The libary of congress is open to anyone, and is usually used for historical research - not rigerous scientific research. As far as I know "D.C. resident" is not a scientist, but a laymen.

Second, global climate change research looks at global mean temperatures. Which have accelerated and gone higher than the 1930s. The United States is a very small part of the earth's surface, and not (in this case) representative of what climate is doing globally.

History revisionists at it again ?

but again it is in the USA not global.
But you clearly were ignoring the fact that he reported the article correctly, that the incorrect reporting was about temperatures in the US was correct as pertaining to the article that you tried to make fun of him for.

"Are we back to the old there is no warming argument?"

That was my 1st thought. Dano tries to play a little game with that; he says he accepts global warming, but not man's role in it, but then backtracks to the old talking point that there isn't even really warming. Then, when you call
him on it, he'll say his position is "complex"...
ROFL
How do I deny warming by simply posting a link to previous and more intense warming?
My point is that warming is natural and has happened before.

dano read Dungheaps link.
I did:

I have bolded the pertinent information that would give you the idea that the reporting of the "hottest year in the US" was the subject, not the mean world temperature. You are having serious reading comprehension problems today. Just wash your eyes? Can't do a thing with them?

Back