Watermark must win the battle against uscitizen

That's not the point Damo- continuing to make music in the decade followwing your influential birth can be said of several artists/bands.
It's silly to pretend that they didn't influence and make music in the 80s because you want them to only exist in the decade they began. Their music changed, it shaped the 80s music. That's 80s. They were also 70s bands, and Pink Floyd began in the 60s. It doesn't change that what they came up with in the 80s was good.

Grind wanted desperately to "hate" all 80s music so he ignored what was good and pretended it came at some other time. But it didn't. There was much good 80s music. Better than all the disco wrapped into a huge sparkling ball. It may have sparkled, but that ball was made of poop.

The two greatest musical genres came to be in the 80's and afterwords sunk back into their own respective subcultures; Metal and Punk. One focused on musical soul, the other on musical proficiency.

Other great things to come out of the 80's:
Microbrewing
Zombie movies
Glocks
The Ford Crown Victoria

I think we can pretty much agree that the 80's was the greatest decade ever.

It's silly to pretend that they didn't influence and make music in the 80s because you want them to only exist in the decade they began. Their music changed, it shaped the 80s music. That's 80s. They were also 70s bands, and Pink Floyd began in the 60s. It doesn't change that what they came up with in the 80s was good.

Grind wanted desperately to "hate" all 80s music so he ignored what was good and pretended it came at some other time. But it didn't. There was much good 80s music. Better than all the disco wrapped into a huge sparkling ball. It may have sparkled, but that ball was made of poop.

You claim they influenced music in the 80's for the 80's. I say they influenced in the 70's which of course carried over into the 80's. I acknowledge that they continued to make music in the 80's.

The fact of the matter is though Damo most people think of Pink Floyd and Balck Sabbath as 70's bands...but I digress to you and some they were representative of 80's bands.

You claim they influenced music in the 80's for the 80's. I say they influenced in the 70's which of course carried over into the 80's. I acknowledge that they continued to make music in the 80's.

The fact of the matter is though Damo most people think of Pink Floyd and Balck Sabbath as 70's bands...but I digress to you and some they were representative of 80's bands.
I would surmise that any band that put out as many albums as Sabbath did in the 80s certainly wouldn't be solely a 70s band. Just as the Rolling Stones or U2 would cover only one decade.

If the music had remained static, and there was no growth I probably wouldn't consider either band an 80s band. But, yeah. We digress. I mentioned more than those two bands... While the mind-candy pop of the 80s sucked beyond measure, it was still better than disco. But much of the rock and metal was awesome. Nobody can think Suicidal Tendencies, for instance, sucked the life out of music.

:D

The two greatest musical genres came to be in the 80's and afterwords sunk back into their own respective subcultures; Metal and Punk. One focused on musical soul, the other on musical proficiency.

Other great things to come out of the 80's:
Microbrewing
Zombie movies
Glocks
The Ford Crown Victoria
I think we can pretty much agree that the 80's was the greatest decade ever.

Blue = Good
Red = Bad
Purple = ROFL

Back