We are suffering from an empathy gap

I saw someone yesterday somewhere say basically that cancel culture is raw fascism, and I went Hmmmmmmm.

I saw someone yesterday somewhere say basically that cancel culture is raw fascism, and I went Hmmmmmmm.

That's actually correct. I think..Hmm..

Well damn! Can't find teh pic from my dictionary. Having to post a link sucks.

"Europe’s first fascist leader, Benito Mussolini, took the name of his party from the Latin word fasces, which referred to a bundle of elm or birch rods (usually containing an ax) used as a symbol of penal authority in ancient Rome. Although fascist parties and movements differed significantly from one another, they had many characteristics in common, including extreme militaristic nationalism, contempt for electoral democracy and political and cultural liberalism, a belief in natural social hierarchy and the rule of elites, and the desire to create a Volksgemeinschaft (German: “people’s community”), in which individual interests would be subordinated to the good of the nation"

Relevant text:
"contempt for electoral democracy and political and cultural liberalism, a belief in natural social hierarchy and the rule of elites, and the desire to create a Volksgemeinschaft (German: “people’s community”), in which individual interests would be subordinated to the good of the nation"

Enemy of liberalism=Cancel Culture. It's the shutting down of liberalism. Enemy of liberalism=Fascism as well.

Is that raw fascism? In a bit of a way. :dunno:

https://www.britannica.com/topic/fascism

Last edited:
I disagree that empathy cannot be taught. Our mothers (and community) taught it to us as children. Some kids are born with it, but most of us need someone to tell us "How would you feel if someone did that to you?" Some ppl think that this is what religion is supposed to teach us, to make us more civilized. I disagree. It is taught by your family and your culture, but the right religious faith can certainly help.

The fact that so many Reichwingers don't seem to possess empathy or compassion tells us all we need to know about their values. It's all Me First with them.

I’m on the fence. I’ll put it this way…. You have the capacity or you don’t. A sociopath cannot learn empathy. They might fake it very well though.

It does not shape how anyone thinks.

Your opinion of me could not mean less.

It shapes how YOU think, you fuck! You have no empathy for Trump supporters that are your fellow Americans and actually outnumber you by a large margin or people that didn't get vaccinated.

Yet you have empathy for illegal aliens.

Check out what your illegal aliens did @ Macy's:

"Four migrants bused into New York City from Texas were busted for snatching thousands of dollars in merchandise from a Nassau County mall, officials said Monday.

Wrallan Cabezas Meza, 19, Miguel Angel Rojas, 21, Rafael Rojas, 27, and Jose Garcia Escobar, 30, are accused of driving from the Big Apple to Garden City and stealing $12,489 in goods from Macy’s Roosevelt Field earlier this month, according to county police."

https://nypost.com/2023/01/23/four-migrants-arrested-for-shoplifting-12k-from-ny-macys/

It shapes how YOU think, you fuck! You have no empathy for Trump supporters that are your fellow Americans and actually outnumber you by a large margin or people that didn't get vaccinated.

Yet you have empathy for illegal aliens.

Check out what your illegal aliens did @ Macy's:

"Four migrants bused into New York City from Texas were busted for snatching thousands of dollars in merchandise from a Nassau County mall, officials said Monday.

Wrallan Cabezas Meza, 19, Miguel Angel Rojas, 21, Rafael Rojas, 27, and Jose Garcia Escobar, 30, are accused of driving from the Big Apple to Garden City and stealing $12,489 in goods from Macy’s Roosevelt Field earlier this month, according to county police."

https://nypost.com/2023/01/23/four-migrants-arrested-for-shoplifting-12k-from-ny-macys/

You don’t know the difference between sympathy and empathy. You have neither.

You don’t know the difference between sympathy and empathy. You have neither.

You don't know me, liar shitbag. And that's projection on your part. You forget, I've already seen your lack of empathy repeatedly.

Last edited:
Back