Weird what's going on with my PC

Cancel 2018.1

I set the default search engine to google and it searches with yahoo.
I key in google.com in address bar to be sure I search with google, key in what I'm searching, hit enter and it still searches with yahoo.
wtf?

I key in google.com in address bar to be sure I search with google, key in what I'm searching, hit enter and it still searches with yahoo.
wtf?

The Russians have taken over your PC.
It has been well established that Russians prefer Yahoo because it is easier to monitor than Google.
:truestory:

I got this thing last summer for about $300 new at Best Buy. It's doing other weird things too. I'll click on a link and another tab opens with irrelevant crap on it, I have to close the tab and the link I wanted is in the other tab.
Wish I had spent the money and bought a mac. I don't need windows at home.

I got this thing last summer for about $300 new at Best Buy. It's doing other weird things too. I'll click on a link and another tab opens with irrelevant crap on it, I have to close the tab and the link I wanted is in the other tab.

Computers don't just start doing weird things on their own.
You have been hacked bro.

wtf?

You probably got the search.yahoo hijacker bundled in with another download. You can google....rather yahoo....how to get rid of it based on your OS. If you don't have anything particularly important, you can also roll back to an earlier restore point which sometimes is a work around for stuff like this.

You need to do a scan like Norton first.

A system restore will just reinstall the bot.

Here's the problem. I open a new tab and it goes straight to this: Search.hloginnow.net
I can't find the program to uninstall it, tried a free version of malwarbytes and scanned (it got rid of some viruses).
Went here:
Nothing works, looks like I'll have to call my computer guy I use for my office. Fuck I hate computers.

Here's the problem. I open a new tab and it goes straight to this: Search.hloginnow.net
I can't find the program to uninstall it, tried a free version of malwarbytes and scanned (it got rid of some viruses).
Went here: Nothing works, looks like I'll have to call my computer guy I use for my office. Fuck I hate computers.

You probably went to a bad site, and they hooked you up with their search system. It's basically malware. I like using the Firefox browser, it can stop you, and ask if you want to proceed if it comes across anything iffy.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

Fixed it.
I simply uninstalled Firefox. Doesn't happen with Edge or Chrome.
That was easy (and a waste of 2 hrs.)
When I have more time I'll reinstall Firefox and see if problem still exists.

To see if its some infection you have picked up while "browsing" the web......simply remove all your online history and REBOOT your machine to the factory original specs. If you still have the same problem then you purchased the problem in your drivers. If you are using Windows 10....the only browser that works as designed is "EDGE".....if you choose to use another browser you do so at your own risk. Its simpler to use Edge than it is to chase viruses and malware time and time again. Why EDGE for 10? Its all about the data mining. In essence you are forced to use the Factory installed browser....or pay the consequences....pay for the software to delete the back door viruses by running a scan every week or so. The Fixit Stick does a great job because the scanning takes place in the cloud...its an external fix...but then again you are "trusting" an industry that makes its living by gaining access to your personal data and using it, some legit for advertising....some to sell on the black web. Its a hell of a world when you enter CYPER SPACE....cavet emptor.

Last edited:
What browser are you using?

Sent from my Lenovo K8 using Tapatalk

Fixed it.
I simply uninstalled Firefox. Doesn't happen with Edge or Chrome.
That was easy (and a waste of 2 hrs.)
When I have more time I'll reinstall Firefox and see if problem still exists.
How does it take two hours to uninstall Firefox? Something has changed your settings to point to that site as home. Easy enough to change it to whatever you wish.

One other thing, I rarely use Google these days. Duck Duck Go is just as good and they never track you

Sent from my Lenovo K8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I downloaded a new browser called Brave but haven't had much time to play with it enough to decide what I think of it, but it came highly recommended.

Back