What a lack of sleep can cause

I've been up since six or nine am for months until a couple days ago. I had the DR give me Ambien CR AND klonopin. I take two klonopin and an ambien and i'm out for the night. The klonopin takes care of the anxiety that keeps your brain running all night and relaxes you. It's basically a really effective chill pill. Ambien just keeps me asleep. I wake up pretty refreshed.

Yeah, but insomnia is usually a semi-permanent sort of disorder, and those aren't drugs you're supposed to take on a semi-permanent basis.

Mixing sedatives usually isn't wise but, oh well, if the doctor says so...

Yeah, pot gets rid of my anxiety and puts me to sleep super-fast. And I feel good the next day.

Problem is the paranoia and PSTD probably doesn't mix well.

No, it really doesn't. Plus I can't do pot anyways. I don't smoke, and pot would upset my wife too much (her dad had drug issues).

read the side affects of the pharmaceuticals, and those are the ones they were forced to tell you about. LOL

Yeah, well the herbal companies aren't forced to tell you about any side effects, or prove that their 'remedies' work at all.

Pot has been proven safe by thousands of years of use though.

Insomnia can be a bitch.

The meds can help over the short term, but are not a long term answer.

Guys, if his wife has issues with pot, then thats off the table too.

Exercise can help sometimes, but is not always a reliable thing. In fact, if exercise is done late in the day or in the evening, it can actually make the insomnia worse.

There are some natural sleep remedies that help. But none of them did much for mine.

Look into yoga and meditation. It can help relax the mind enough to allow sleep, and can result in longer periods of time asleep.

Dopers wanting you to be a doper. :facepalm:

Yeah, not so much. They're trying to help, since there is a lot of evidence to their argument. And it seems to help my dad. You can barely keep him awake these days.

Yes Winter, I tend to snore if I sleep on my back or am ridiculously drunk. But I rarely wake myself up snoring.

Yeah, not so much. They're trying to help, since there is a lot of evidence to their argument. And it seems to help my dad. You can barely keep him awake these days.

Yes Winter, I tend to snore if I sleep on my back or am ridiculously drunk. But I rarely wake myself up snoring.

Snoring can be a sign of other issues, like sleep apnea. Ask your Dr to refer you for a sleep study.

Might help.

Back