What are some of your favorite epic rock and roll songs?

My favorites include "Stairway to Heaven", "In My Time of Dying", and "Kashmir", by Led Zeppelin, "Free Bird", by Lynyrd Skynyrd, "Funeral For A Friend/Love Lies Bleeding", by Elton John, and the full version of "Roundabout" and "Close To The Edge", by Yes.

I cannot tell you so I'll leave this one here.

Hey, :mad: you stole my song.. :mad: That is one of my all time favorites there......:)

Love Peter Green & the Fleetwood Mac blues band..:cool:

Thanks. I loved them all the way up through the Bob Welch days- and I suppose even beyond.

Lyndsey was a pretty good showman himself.

The girls- they changed things- it was OK I suppose.

Speaking of Iverson Minter, his dad was hung right in front of him ,when he was just a child, by the KKK.

Thanks for mentioning him.

Last edited:
My favorites include "Stairway to Heaven", "In My Time of Dying", and "Kashmir", by Led Zeppelin, "Free Bird", by Lynyrd Skynyrd, "Funeral For A Friend/Love Lies Bleeding", by Elton John, and the full version of "Roundabout" and "Close To The Edge", by Yes.

East West, Butterfield Blues Band

Interesting to note that at the same time that the Beatles were making it big with such as “I want to hold your hand” recordings as Butterfield’s East West and the Velvet Underground’s “Heroin” to name a few were released in relative obscurity

Interesting to note that at the same time that the Beatles were making it big with such as “I want to hold your hand” recordings as Butterfield’s East West and the Velvet Underground’s “Heroin” to name a few were released in relative obscurity

Thanks for your post. I own the East-West CD, it's quite good.

Tis a business as they say...

Beatles never made much blues, although they did love Muddy or his celeb anyway. Stones were much more bluesy..

Ironically both bands copied American music, rather poorly before they were able to leave it behind & get out on their own side of the road..

Back