What caused inflation?

The biggest problem was that the government passed out so much money during the pandemic, as production crashed.

Supply and demand still works.

But what did Biden do, in January of 21 that caused gas prices to go up?
Begin cancelling new oil and gas leases along with ending things like the Keystone XL. This creates speculation in the market and causes prices to rise.

Signed onto a pile of new regulations. These cost additional money for producers. Again, speculation in the market causes future price to rise.

Spewed anti-oil and energy rhetoric in speeches. This, again, caused speculation in the market to push prices up.

So the escalating cost of oil exploration caused the inflation?
Most certainly it is one of the causes and excessive regulations drives the costs of doing business up and Government over spending drove the value of money down. Government expansion did not help either.

I am interested in what you believe caused inflation.

I know many of you will simply say, Biden... but what exactly did Biden do that caused inflation?
Shortages mimic inflation, and are sometimes confused with inflation. We have seen supply line problems, and market prediction problems cause shortages, but that is not inflation.

We have seen some real inflation too. Inflation is too much money chasing too few goods and services. The too much money is not just money supply, but more velocity of money. People are spending money more quickly, which is causing more money to in effect exist, which causes inflation, and in turn causes people to want to spend their money more quickly.

There was huge outlays of money spent in unusual ways in the pandemic, which caused inflation.

And that is not all a bad thing. We spent a decade and a half on the verge of deflation, which is much worse than inflation. Breaking the deflation grip will be great, if we can get the inflation under control afterwards.

The current evidence shows that the inflation is getting under control...

But we all know trump's policies are very inflationary, so that might not last very long.

Biden saying he was going to end fossil fuels. That put a damper on the financing of major and minor oil exploration. That added to the costs of oil and gas.
Biden said that to an Environmental Activist, that asked Biden why he accepted campaign donations from a Blue Hydrogen Manufacture at a campaign stop in 2019. He said, "Look, I promise, we are going to end fossil fuels"!

I personally thought that was not a good answer. Because there is no way to STOP fossil fuels, until they cease to exist anymore.

But, I want to know how Biden's wrong answer to that activist, put any kind of damper on oil companies to seek and be approved for financing on major or minor oil explorations.

No SIR, you are going to have to give us an example of a minor or major oil company that was rejected for a Business loan to explore for oil, as a result of Biden's comment!

You said this, so, either give us an example to prove your comment is true OR I am going to just call your comment UTTER BULLSHIT!

Next!

Begin cancelling new oil and gas leases along with ending things like the Keystone XL. This creates speculation in the market and causes prices to rise.

Signed onto a pile of new regulations. These cost additional money for producers. Again, speculation in the market causes future price to rise.

Spewed anti-oil and energy rhetoric in speeches. This, again, caused speculation in the market to push prices up.
Early enough to cause prices to rise in January of 21?

Back