what criteria do you use to determine a fact

Status
Not open for further replies.
what proves something a fact
A fact is based on empirical observation that some phenomena has really occurred or is actually the case. A fact cannot be proven in an absolute sense. A fact is an empirical observation that has a very high probability of being correct. There is always, no matter how small or remote, some possibility the fact could be wrong. What proves a fact is independent verification. Others must also be able to empirically observe the same phenomena and conclude that it really occurred or is actually the case.

Last edited:
yes mott

there are such things as provable facts

I have never in over a decade gotten con to tell me what criteria they use to determine one.

If they admit to criteria they will have to agree all their shit is lies

it has to have documentation
Documenting a phenomena does not necessarily make it a fact. To be a fact, that fact must meet several criteria;

A phenomena really occurred or actually happened.

it must be independently verified by more than one person.

To be a scientific fact it must also have a probability, no matter how remote, of being wrong.

Documentation itself does not determine if something is a fact. Documentation can only communicate a fact was observed and/or independently verified. The actual proof of a fact is in the independent verification that said fact was observed to have occurred or actually happened.

yes mott

there are such things as provable facts

I have never in over a decade gotten con to tell me what criteria they use to determine one.

If they admit to criteria they will have to agree all their shit is lies
There certainly are but read my sentence again. I qualified that "scientific facts" cannot be proven in an "absolute" sense. That's a fact Desh.

SEC Votes for Final Rules Defining How Banks Can Be Securities Brokers

Eight Years After Passage of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, Key Provisions Will Now Be Implemented

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2007-190

Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2007 - Ending eight years of stalled negotiations and impasse, the Commission today voted to adopt, jointly with the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (Board), new rules that will finally implement the bank broker provisions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999. The Board will consider these final rules at its Sept. 24, 2007 meeting. The Commission and the Board consulted with and sought the concurrence of the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, and Office of Thrift Supervision.

is this fact?

Is it a fact that they voted? It would appear so. Did anyone claim that they didn't vote?

Facts are just facts.
Your problems are, among others and in no particular order:
- you refer to opinion as though it was fact
- you cite a fact that does not pertain to the subject
- you cite a fact that does not mean what you think it means
- you cite a fact without context or any other interpretation

Facts are not the issue and the sooner you grasp the real problem the sooner you can stop looking so stupid.

Of course if you do solve this you will soon discover how false your liberal claptrap really is.

The easier path for you is to walk away from facts and just stick with emo meltdowns.

Nominated as in if the best posts of 2016

For the sake of discussion I would say Desh didn't graduate high school. Now in this scenario I don't have the documents to prove it factual however that doesn't mean it's not factual and the documents don't exist.

Whether she went to high school or not is not the issue. She could be a Harvard grad and the problem would still exist

Desh's problems are 100% psychological. She is a classic narcissist with schizophrenic tendencies

She is convinced of her own intelligence. That she alone had insights nobody else has. That she has been put on this earth to save us from ourselves. Either that or she is the most effective troll in history

see the right refuses

they deny

science

math

history

and that there is ever a time when a black person gets wrongly killed

and that there is anyway of determing what a fact is

see the right refuses

they deny

science

math

history

and that there is ever a time when a black person gets wrongly killed

and that there is anyway of determing what a fact is

That is your answer just because people don't agree with you.

You simply assume the FACTS you present are unassailable. You merely impose your ideology onto your supposed facts and try to pass them off as unalterable truths. You are a hack of the highest order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back