What do Conservatives say when they think no one is listening?

I'm defintely superior to these two morons. And these two are allegedly among the leading "intellects" in the Con movement:

-Robert Bork, Ronald Reagan's one-time nominee to the Supreme Court, mumbles from beneath low-hanging jowls: "The coverage of this war is unbelievable. Even Fox News is unbelievable. You'd think we're the only ones dying. Enemy casualties aren't covered. We're doing an excellent job killing them."

-Norman Podhoretz: “There were WMD, and they were shipped to Syria ... This picture of a country in total chaos with no security is false. It has been a triumph. It couldn't have gone better."

I mean, look at these comments: they're either delusional, or they are flat out liars. There is no middle ground here.

From both sides, ;) As for 'being overheard' we have the exclusiveness of Edwards and Clinton the other day, via open mic. Then there are ways we might talk amongst our friends over dinner. "I could kill Bush," while discussing the immigration fiasco, does NOT mean I would. Anymore than saying all 'libs' or 'neocons' are unamerican traitors is what one really believes. One wouldn't say it in public, for the simple reason that those that know us, understand what is meant and what is hyperbole or sarcasm.

This article is just an example of taking 'quotes' out of context, if that is really what happened. This thread is just another where some can display their superiority, many of whom have made some pretty vile comments about others on different threads.

“Of course, we need to execute some of these liberals. "A few of these prominent liberals who are trying to demoralise the country," she says. "Just take a couple of these anti-war people off to the gas chamber for treason to show, if you try to bring down America at a time of war, that's what you'll get." She squints at the sun and smiles. " Then things'll change."

I think that says it all.

"It has been a triumph. It couldn't have gone better"

Wow.

Just...wow.

I think if Bush himself kept asserting that at this point, Republicans in Congress would lead the charge for impeachment, by reason of insanity alone...

As have I. In fact I have seen people wish the death of the President and say that everybody who voted for him should be executed on this board. Should I assume that they were serious and write an article taking the worst of the quotes and presenting them out of context and without relation to the character of the conversation?

To pretend to some sort of moral high ground on this issue from either Party can only come from what I call the "blinders effect". That some people can see no wrong with people who agree ideologically. Open mikes with people expressing how they could "kill Bush" notwithstanding, nobody can claim any high ground here. All I have to do is visit the DU site to realize that hackery abounds on either side.

Bush is a murderer. But I have never seen anyone say that everyone who voted for him should be executed.

I'm defintely superior to these two morons. And these two are allegedly among the leading "intellects" in the Con movement:

-Robert Bork, Ronald Reagan's one-time nominee to the Supreme Court, mumbles from beneath low-hanging jowls: "The coverage of this war is unbelievable. Even Fox News is unbelievable. You'd think we're the only ones dying. Enemy casualties aren't covered. We're doing an excellent job killing them."

-Norman Podhoretz: “There were WMD, and they were shipped to Syria ... This picture of a country in total chaos with no security is false. It has been a triumph. It couldn't have gone better."

I mean, look at these comments: they're either delusional, or they are flat out liars. There is no middle ground here.

I understand the common mantra regarding the above type of quotes. What are you basing the lies to? Seems there has been a plethora of information that leaves 'lies' way off base? BTW, I think the mantra from the other side that Clinton 'ignored' UBL and build-up, more of the common knowledge, that is based on way less than facts.

“Of course, we need to execute some of these liberals. "A few of these prominent liberals who are trying to demoralise the country," she says. "Just take a couple of these anti-war people off to the gas chamber for treason to show, if you try to bring down America at a time of war, that's what you'll get." She squints at the sun and smiles. " Then things'll change."

Outside of a few nuts, you never see liberals talk about putting random american cons in a gas chamber.

Our anger and/or hate is reserved for specific individuals (Bush, Rumsfeld, et al), specific policies, or broadly speaking, a specific ideology.

Yes, we think individual average cons are idiots, who should go fight in their war in iraq. But, I've rarely if ever seen anyone say these american cons should be executed or gassed.

And darla, as you know, these fantasies of violence on Liberals is all to common in the extreme right wing.

Did you see William Kristol's op-ed in today's WAPO?

This is the short and right to the point letter I sent to them in response:

I think that the Washington Post continuing to publish the verbal meanderings of a man obviously suffering from a late-stage brain tumor, is uncharitable in the extreme.

Get the man a doctor and stop making sport of him.

and you just assume that the reporter is quoting, in context, an unnamed person? Ever hear of Jason Blair? I tend to think that the quotes of Bork or Podhoretz more believable, since they could sue.

Bring us some quotes which reflect this from the Rhodes show?
Christ I listened to Rhandi's show about a month ago and she repeated several times "I wish he would just DIE!" (stress to denote vocal stress on taht word). When speaking of Bush, she calls the entire family 'The Bush Crime Family', and constantly makes remarks how they are "Traitors and anybody who votes for them are traitors"....

Seriously, listen and actually hear rather than just absorb and repost blogspots. The hate was there from the beginning and just continued to grow as that show progressed.

and you just assume that the reporter is quoting, in context, an unnamed person? Ever hear of Jason Blair? I tend to think that the quotes of Bork or Podhoretz more believable, since they could sue.

Well, Ann Coulter has said very similar things. I just assume she is a fan.

And Randy Rhode s (whoevwer that is) has it all figured out ?

That is pretty good discredit one media source with another one :)

Christ I listened to Rhandi's show about a month ago and she repeated several times "I wish he would just DIE!" (stress to denote vocal stress on taht word). When speaking of Bush, she calls the entire family 'The Bush Crime Family', and constantly makes remarks how they are "Traitors and anybody who votes for them are traitors"....

Seriously, listen and actually hear rather than just absorb and repost blogspots. The hate was there from the beginning and just continued to grow as that show progressed.

Well, I'll be frank. I believe that anyone who voted for bush the second time, is morally inferior to me. I think that people die every day, and it'd be no great tragedy if bush was one of them sooner rather than later.

So?

Did you see William Kristol's op-ed in today's WAPO?

This is the short and right to the point letter I sent to them in response:

I think that the Washington Post continuing to publish the verbal meanderings of a man obviously suffering from a late-stage brain tumor, is uncharitable in the extreme.

Get the man a doctor and stop making sport of him.

lol

Seriously, how do guys who've been WRONG about virtually everything they ever said about Iraq, still have a paid gig writing in an editorial page about Iraq?

I mean, talk about corporate welfare, or Cons "on the dole". Someone who is wrong all the time in a business setting, gets fired.

Well, I'll be frank. I believe that anyone who voted for bush the second time, is morally inferior to me. I think that people die every day, and it'd be no great tragedy if bush was one of them sooner rather than later.

So?
I can't see how when the opposition's plan for the war was "What he said, but with 10K more troops!"

A fan of whom? Seriously, Coulter is a cultural flamer. I don't take her seriously, any more than I do Al Sharpton.

What makes you think it matters whom you take seriously?

You seem very centered around yourself. As if, since you don't take her seriously, than no conservatives do.

Of course, the fact that each of her books are best-sellers, would belie that theory.

Back