What genres of music suck the most?

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
It's been a long time since I wrote a rant and since my whole day sucked and I have a lot of bile to spew I thought I'd write about which genres of American music suck the most. Here are my top three picks of music genres that truly blow chunks;

#3. Gangsta rap. Actually Gangsta rap isn't that bad except they ran out of 70's rock songs to sample and now it's a fucking dead end street. It's not Gangsta Rap that sucks. It's the self absorbed narcissistic pretentious psycho assholes who listen to it that suck. Look there is nothing wrong with songs about killing fools. I'd like to murder some shit stain who desperately needs being killed sometimes too, it's understandable, but these semen splatters want you to be offended by it. OK....I am...here's 50 cents. Go kill a cop...better yet....go kill yourself.

#2. Country. Country music is so hated that even people who could give a shit less about music hate it. How many times have you heard someone say "I like all kinds of music...except country.". What they really mean is "I don't know enough about music to even have an opinion on it, but I still hate country." I mean what the fuck could be less charming then some misanthrope with a 3rd grade education writing some two cord simple minded dribble about the underwhelming things in life like home towns, dysfunctional marriages and old pick up trucks? Is it that people disagree with old-fashioned conservative values, vaguely Christian ideology or is it just the annoyance of monosyllabic lyrics being sang through ones nose with an occasional yodel that makes your skin crawl? Is it the overplayed Wallmart chic shit kicker western stereotype or is it the unwashed southern redneck badass mullet factor that make people hate Country? I say it's all of the above.

#1. Nu-Metal. Holy shit balls. What could possibly be worse than this trend? Goats gurgling cause they had their throats slashed make a more pleasant sound than these nimrods. Their hyper active guitar-spazzing should qualify any concert sound man for permanent disability. If Rock is going to die I'd rather see it go out by Jim Morrison immolating himself on stage or Alice Cooper finally getting it right when he hangs himself. At least Rock would be going out with a bang but these dickless wonders are killing Rock with a whiny assed whimper that no amount of face paint can hide. I mean seriously? They think they're cutting edge using face paint? It's enough to make Gene Simmons bite off his tongue. They need to strap these nutless one chord wonders onto an ICBM and shoot their asses over to North Korea where they could actually do some good.

It's been a long time since I wrote a rant and since my whole day sucked and I have a lot of bile to spew I thought I'd write about which genres of American music suck the most. Here are my top three picks of music genres that truly blow chunks;

#3. Gangsta rap. Actually Gangsta rap isn't that bad except they ran out of 70's rock songs to sample and now it's a fucking dead end street. It's not Gangsta Rap that sucks. It's the self absorbed narcissistic pretentious psycho assholes who listen to it that suck. Look there is nothing wrong with songs about killing fools. I'd like to murder some shit stain who desperately needs being killed sometimes too, it's understandable, but these semen splatters want you to be offended by it. OK....I am...here's 50 cents. Go kill a cop...better yet....go kill yourself.

#2. Country. Country music is so hated that even people who could give a shit less about music hate it. How many times have you heard someone say "I like all kinds of music...except country.". What they really mean is "I don't know enough about music to even have an opinion on it, but I still hate country." I mean what the fuck could be less charming then some misanthrope with a 3rd grade education writing some two cord simple minded dribble about the underwhelming things in life like home towns, dysfunctional marriages and old pick up trucks? Is it that people disagree with old-fashioned conservative values, vaguely Christian ideology or is it just the annoyance of monosyllabic lyrics being sang through ones nose with an occasional yodel that makes your skin crawl? Is it the overplayed Wallmart chic shit kicker western stereotype or is it the unwashed southern redneck badass mullet factor that make people hate Country? I say it's all of the above.

#1. Nu-Metal. Holy shit balls. What could possibly be worse than this trend? Goats gurgling cause they had their throats slashed make a more pleasant sound than these nimrods. Their hyper active guitar-spazzing should qualify any concert sound man for permanent disability. If Rock is going to die I'd rather see it go out by Jim Morrison immolating himself on stage or Alice Cooper finally getting it right when he hangs himself. At least Rock would be going out with a bang but these dickless wonders are killing Rock with a whiny assed whimper that no amount of face paint can hide. I mean seriously? They think they're cutting edge using face paint? It's enough to make Gene Simmons bite off his tongue. They need to strap these nutless one chord wonders onto an ICBM and shoot their asses over to North Korea where they could actually do some good.

I concur, you are spot on...well said on every bilious point...

Hip hop
Whatever Bouncy Knowles is called.
Non heavy Metal

Favorite right now
Whatever you call 2CELLOS
Whatever you call Nathaniel Rateliff and the Might Sweats
Big band, never gets old

I feel better now. :)
I hope you are not including Gramm Parsons in that histrionic rant?

I hate the likes of Billy Ray Cyrus principally for Achy Breaky Heart and siring that evil twerking she-devil of a daughter Miley.

Sent from my Lenovo K52e78 using Tapatalk

I hate the likes of Billy Ray Cyrus principally for Achy Breaky Heart and siring that evil twerking she-devil of a daughter Miley.

Should we hate Henry Fonda for his failed offspring?

Rap. That's assuming that you can call it music.
I've had that argument before. Can Rap or any orchestrated sound be called music which lacks melody?

The interesting thing is as limited a style of music as Rap is it is unlimited in its lyrical expression.

Not only that but it isn't hated nearly as much as Country. Hell I was raised in a small rural Midwest town and most the people there hate Country too.

I've had that argument before. Can Rap or any orchestrated sound be called music which lacks melody?

The interesting thing is as limited a style of music as Rap is it is unlimited in its lyrical expression.

Not only that but it isn't hated nearly as much as Country. Hell I was raised in a small rural Midwest town and most the people there hate Country too.

Does that mean poetry is music?

Should be apply YOUR personal situation the nation as a whole?

You need to lay off Miley. What has she done wrong? Offended your uptight noble sensibilities? She's a 20 something raised by Disney as Hanna Montana. If you were a twenty something performer you'd rebel from stupid assed cliche of an image as fast and as far as you can. Run Miley, run!

So knock of the grumpy old man horse shit and give Miley a break. She's laughing all the way to the bank and unlike most young music stars is handling it quite well despite her proclivity to rub one out on stage.

Besides I remember my grandfather saying the same sort of shit about the Beatles.

You need to lay off Miley. What has she done wrong? Offended your uptight noble sensibilities? She's a 20 something raised by Disney as Hanna Montana. If you were a twenty something performer you'd rebel from stupid assed cliche of an image as fast and as far as you can. Run Miley, run!

So knock of the grumpy old man horse shit and give Miley a break. She's laughing all the way to the bank and unlike most young music stars is handling it quite well despite her proclivity to rub one out on stage.

Besides I remember my grandfather saying the same sort of shit about the Beatles.
She has been a delight on The Voice. She can be a very caring person.

You should have listened to your grandfather. He seems to have been a wise person.

Does that mean poetry is music?

Should be apply YOUR personal situation the nation as a whole?
ah...the first question is a good one. By itself no but Rap isn't just lyrics. It has all the other qualities of music except it lacks melody. Not only that but it doesn't annoy my dog like the sound of hillbilly women singing through their nose does.

As for your second question please have a second cup of coffee and rephrase it as I haven't a clue what you're asking me.

ah...the first question is a good one. By itself no but Rap isn't just lyrics. It has all the other qualities of music except it lacks melody. Not only that but it doesn't annoy my dog like the sound of hillbilly women singing through their nose does.

As for your second question please have a second cup of coffee and and rephrase it as I haven't a clue what you're asking me.

Depends on what you call qualities.

Then the problem is yours not mine. Don't blame the sender when the receiver is the problem. Since you can't understand something simple, I'll make it even easier. You said where you lived hated country music. You admitted it was a small, rural area. Should we apply your situation to the nation as a whole?

You should have listened to your grandfather. He seems to have been a wise person.
He was very wise. I'll never forget his last words before they hanged him. "I do not regret selling liquor and guns to injuns but I do regret selling them tainted pork. That was wrong."

Depends on what you call qualities.

Then the problem is yours not mine. Don't blame the sender when the receiver is the problem. Since you can't understand something simple, I'll make it even easier. You said where you lived hated country music. You admitted it was a small, rural area. Should we apply your situation to the nation as a whole?
no...it's pretty much hated every where...kinda like you.

Back