What happens if Trump is convicted in hush-money trial?

Do you believe Trump will be convicted?

• Total voters

NakedHunterBiden

“It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown”
Thirty-four charges, 12 jurors, one often exasperated judge and a parade of witnesses.

After nearly five weeks, both the prosecution and the defence have rested in Donald Trump’s history making hush-money case.

Closing arguments will begin on Tuesday, and then the jury will start deliberations. After that, it is anyone’s guess when they will return and what they’ll decide.

But if he is found guilty on even one count - just one of a few possible outcomes - Mr Trump would become the first former US president with a criminal conviction, and the first major party candidate to run for the White House as a felon.

Here are some key issues to consider if a guilty verdict is delivered.

What do you think is going to happen?

Thirty-four charges, 12 jurors, one often exasperated judge and a parade of witnesses.

After nearly five weeks, both the prosecution and the defence have rested in Donald Trump’s history making hush-money case.

Closing arguments will begin on Tuesday, and then the jury will start deliberations. After that, it is anyone’s guess when they will return and what they’ll decide.

But if he is found guilty on even one count - just one of a few possible outcomes - Mr Trump would become the first former US president with a criminal conviction, and the first major party candidate to run for the White House as a felon.

I expect that the jury may find him guilty on some, but not all, of the charges. He'll get a fine and probation, and of course will appeal it and string it out even further.

dwRph11.jpg

"...
nd when his intent to defraud includes an intent to commit
another crime or to aid or conceal the commission thereof."

Where's the OTHER CRIME, dumbfuck.
From your post: " Prosecutors have suggested three possible crimes since filing the charges against Mr. Trump last year:"

"Suggested " is NOT CHARGED is it, dumbfuck ?

No underlying crime = business records are immaterial.
"

When Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg first brought charges against Donald Trump in March 2023, the legal theory behind the indictment remained remarkably unclear. Bragg had charged Trump under New York Penal Law § 175.10, falsifying business records in the first degree. The falsification of business records alone is a misdemeanor under § 175.05—but Bragg had boosted the charge to a felony by alleging that Trump fudged the records with the “intent to commit another crime and aid and conceal the commission thereof.” But what other crime? The indictment didn’t say.

Now, a year later, with the trial finally underway, Bragg’s legal theory has come into focus—if you know where to look. The charges against Trump still have an oddly inchoate quality, thanks to Bragg’s decision to charge § 175.10 without also charging alongside it the offense that elevated the alleged business records violation to a felony."

My concern is the jury: if they convict, eventually they know their ID's will be revealed and the trump thugs will harass and threaten them. I think they might acquit out of fear.

Unfortunately, aren't most, if not all, the same charges, just 34 different instances? Not a lawyer, but it appears it's an all or nothing thing. Maybe if some had better documentation that the others?

FWIW, I'm predicting a hung jury at best. I hope he's convicted, but not sure there's enough evidence to convict beyond a reasonable doubt.

My concern is the jury: if they convict, eventually they know their ID's will be revealed and the trump thugs will harass and threaten them. I think they might acquit out of fear.
A legitimate concern given Pedo Don's propensity of bullying and thug-like tactics.

What I'm curious about is why the militias haven't struck back at him for his betrayal after 1/6. Trump has the best security in the world, courtesy of US taxpayers, but that doesn't mean all of his properties, relatives, friends, etc have the same level of security.

4ulj7f.jpg

4ulgpn.jpg

A legitimate concern given Pedo Don's propensity of bullying and thug-like tactics.

What I'm curious about is why the militias haven't struck back at him for his betrayal after 1/6. Trump has the best security in the world, courtesy of US taxpayers, but that doesn't mean all of his properties, relatives, friends, etc have the same level of security.

4ulj7f.jpg

4ulgpn.jpg
Last I heard he's calling the thugs "hostages" and promising to pardon them all, if reelected.

Back