What you would NOT give up for a girl (or guy)

Darla/Desh - I love you guys, but seriously - you've sucked all the fun out of this thread.

......me getting it back on track.....

Stuff I wouldn't give up for a guy:

a) face moisterizer
b) hairdresser trips
c) electricity

electricity is a good one.

My boyfriend's sister is one of the adventurists. Ex. She's going to Peru next month to some remote village where she's not going to have electricity for the most part. I think there's electricity in the dining hall but other than that, that's it. She had the nerve to ask if I'd visit.

When I say giving up yourself, I guess I mean, your self. My self is different, and I never was really that self, because someone always wanted me to be some other self. I could give a million examples, but the first time I ever heard the song by Alanis Morrisette "Everything" that was part of what I mean. Being able to be all parts of you, you see all my light, and you love my dark. But it's also about growing up to the point where you no longer subvert your own beliefs to someone else's. My first real love, the man I nearly married, wanted me to stay home and take care of things there, whatever that meant? I didn't know, because that is not who my self is. And a thousand other things.

So, it's first about being strong in who you are, and then it's about finding someone who knows who you are, gets who you are, loves who you are, and that includes knowing all of your most shameful little faults that you thought no one would ever love.

:grin: Probably the best thing I have ever seen you post. Well said!

Back