• Helter Skelter - The Beatles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
What is the best Rock Song of All Time. None of this zippy the pin head music snob shit from some art house punks no one ever heard of. Cast your vote!

Oh yea...and if you noticed the 80's aren't represented. It's because the music sucked.

Last edited:
What is the best Rock Song of All Time. None of this zippy the pin head music snob shit from some art house punks no one ever heard of. Cast your vote!

Oh yea...and if you noticed the 80's aren't represented.. It's because the music sucked.

You suck! Well crap, until I read this I was going to post my favorite Boy George tune.
boygeorgecultureclub.jpg

Dude, I know cranking the REO Speedwagon on the 8-track player must have been good times for you, but you seriously need to get hip to the 80s. Every decade has it's crap (do I need to mention Disco?), but the 80s were pretty happening.

Iron maiden and Guns and Poseurs? Those dudes rocked man, easily as much as Steppen Wolf or Lynyrd Skynyrd. LOL @ southern rock.

REM- The One I love
U2
The Cure - Pictures of You, Just Like Heaven. (Yo, Disintegration is the Greatest album of all time. )
The Cult
Ten Thousand maniacs
Shit, Van Halen was basically an 80s band.
Metallica
Public enemy
Tom Petty

Duran Duran (I didn't like them, but you just know toe-tapping young republican males' hearts were all a-flutter over those pretty boys)

And last but not least, my all-time favorite 80s group

milli-vanilli.jpg

You suck! Well crap, until I read this I was going to post my favorite Boy George tune.
boygeorgecultureclub.jpg

Dude, I know cranking the REO Speedwagon on the 8-track player must have been good times for you, but you seriously need to get hip to the 80s. Every decade has it's crap (do I need to mention Disco?), but the 80s were pretty happening.

Iron maiden and Guns and Poseurs? Those dudes rocked man, easily as much as Steppen Wolf or Lynyrd Skynyrd. LOL @ southern rock.

REM- The One I love
U2
The Cure - Pictures of You, Just Like Heaven. (Yo, Disintegration is the Greatest album of all time. )
The Cult
Ten Thousand maniacs
Metallica
Public enemy
Tom Petty

Duran Duran (I didn't like them, but you just know toe-tapping young republican males' hearts were all a-flutter over those pretty boys)

milli-vanilli.jpg
You didn't help your argument there with that last pick! LOL

I have to admit. The 80's were not the brightest period for Rock but it was a hell of a lot better than it is now. Hip Hop and Rap are to the early 2000's what Disco was to the 70's.

Oh well, one of these days they'll run out of songs to sample and we'll hear some good music for a change.

I have to admit. The 80's were not the brightest period for Rock but it was a hell of a lot better than it is now. Hip Hop and Rap are to the early 2000's what Disco was to the 70's.

Oh well, one of these days they'll run out of songs to sample and we'll hear some good music for a change.

No doubt, rock totally blows now. I never thought I'd go back to listening to the classic rock stations, but everything out there is crap.

P.S. - Best Rock Song Ever: You Shook Me All Night - AC/DC.

I can still listen to that one, cranked to eleven in my car. 30 years later. It still sounds bitchin'.

I'd rather shoot myself than listen to stairway to heaven.

PPS: Best ganja tune: Sugar Magnolia - Dead.

mott, i know you're old, and you will call me a pretentious asshole, but the indie scene is booming with creativity and talent. there is something for everyone, and I would give it a chance. I would argue it's definitely better than early 00's and the 90's at the very least.

mott, i know you're old, and you will call me a pretentious asshole, but the indie scene is booming with creativity and talent. there is something for everyone, and I would give it a chance. I would argue it's definitely better than early 00's and the 90's at the very least.
Hey one of the benefits of age is you can tell who Rocks and who walks. Bein an indie aint got shit to do with it. There's always been great indies. Where do you think "The Band" and "The Eagles" came from?

So if you got something tasty to show us, lay it on bro. If you don't, then shut up and vote.

diaper boy grind, notwithstanding, there is some great stuff from the 90's

greenday
third eye blind
pearl jam
llcoolj - momma said knock you out (shut up, that song rocks)
metallica
red hot chili peppers
dave mathews
nine inch nails
counting crows
U2- (but they are like immortal, they exist forever)

greenday was mediocre
third eye blind sucked
pearl jam most overrated band of the 90's
llcoolj - lol.
metallica - most would argue mid 90's metallica's best days were behind them
RHCP - meh
dave matthews - not my cup of tea, but ok
nine inch nails - not my cup of tea, but respectable
counting crows - lol... no.
u2 ... awful

Hey one of the benefits of age is you can tell who Rocks and who walks. Bein an indie aint got shit to do with it. There's always been great indies. Where do you think "The Band" and "The Eagles" came from?

So if you got something tasty to show us, lay it on bro. If you don't, then shut up and vote.

you will hate whatever i offer you just to spite me so i wont even bother

greenday was mediocre
third eye blind sucked

llcoolj - lol.
RHCP - meh
u2 ... awful

FUCK YOU

boygeorgecultureclub.jpg

REM- The One I love
U2
The Cult
Ten Thousand maniacs
Metallica
Public enemy
Tom Petty

milli-vanilli.jpg
The 80's were more significant towards metal and hair bands, not old school rock n' roll.

As for the poll, Sabbath and Zepplin cannot be called rock. They're original heavy metal. Nirvana was grunge and The Ramones were punk. Oh and I and many others consider Pink Floyd to be progressive rather than rock.

greenday was mediocre
third eye blind sucked
llcoolj - lol.
RHCP - meh
u2 ... awful

tell your mom to change your diapers grumpy boy

The 80's were more significant towards metal and hair bands, not old school rock n' roll.

I think you're being to technical Professor.

Indeed the hair bands were a barrel of fun. That is, until it got totally cheesed out with f*ckers like Winger and Poison and other cheese metal bands.

I can't believe I left Motley Crue off my list of awesome 80s bands. Fuck. Crue ruled, man. I'd rather crank Crue, than most of thos bell-bottom wearing 70's "rockers". I leave REO Speedwagon and Styx to Topspin. He probably digs those 8-track fossils.

boygeorgecultureclub.jpg

REM- The One I love
U2
The Cult
Ten Thousand maniacs
Metallica
Public enemy
Tom Petty

milli-vanilli.jpg
I like David Bowie. Back then I wouldn't have been seen thinking about listening to his stuff, but now that I've grown older and wiser I've learned what I was missing. He's very much like Pink Floyd...

I like David Bowie. Back then I wouldn't have been seen thinking about listening to his stuff, but now that I've grown older and wiser I've learned what I was missing. He's very much like Pink Floyd...

are you kidding? Bowie was freaking awesome.

Actually, I've really been digging Fleetwood Mac in the last few years. Stevie Nicks has some golden pipes

grind needs to listen to

boulevard of broken dreams

green day....i tried to link to youtube....but listen to it and then get back to me mr. hater

Back