Where are all the dragons?

then why do evolution textbooks address the origin of life? what is darwin's book called the origin of species?
The origin of the species is not the same thing as the origin of all life, and there is no evolution textbook that addresses any origin of life theory at all. They are two separate things.

The origin of the species is not the same thing as the origin of all life, and there is no evolution textbook that addresses any origin of life theory at all. They are two separate things.

i linked to an evolution textbook that addressed the origin of life, had a whole chapter on it

if they are two completely seperate things, why do people say evolution vs. creation etc....?

Origin of life
Further information: Abiogenesis and RNA world hypothesis

The origin of life is a necessary precursor for biological evolution, but understanding that evolution occurred once organisms appeared and investigating how this happens does not depend on understanding exactly how life began.[213] The current scientific consensus is that the complex biochemistry that makes up life came from simpler chemical reactions, but it is unclear how this occurred.[214] Not much is certain about the earliest developments in life, the structure of the first living things, or the identity and nature of any last universal common ancestor or ancestral gene pool.[215][216] Consequently, there is no scientific consensus on how life began, but proposals include self-replicating molecules such as RNA,[217] and the assembly of simple cells.[218]

apparently i have wrongly believed that evolution also dealt with the origin of life, in that, abiogenesis and rna world hypothesis or any other theory were mere sub theories under evolution. seems many people are wrong on this.

i linked to an evolution textbook that addressed the origin of life, had a whole chapter on it

if they are two completely seperate things, why do people say evolution vs. creation etc....?
If it had a chapter on it they were pointing out in that chapter that evolution does not cover the origin of life and explaining the difference between the two.

as for your second question because they are usually Christians who don't understand the science and think it is about the origin of life or people who believe that the species wasn't made from dirt and then breathed on to create the first man. Evolution doesn't quite follow the six day myth in the bible of the origin of the species.

apparently i have wrongly believed that evolution also dealt with the origin of life, in that, abiogenesis and rna world hypothesis or any other theory were mere sub theories under evolution. seems many people are wrong on this.

Yes, it is a common misconception.

it's interesting that creationism as outlined in the bible is a myth....yet there is no theory on the origin of life....how can you be sure that creationism is a myth?

it's interesting that creationism as outlined in the bible is a myth....yet there is no theory on the origin of life....how can you be sure that creationism is a myth?
It is mostly because it involves magic. I would say it has as much validity as the belief that Zeus gave birth to the first humans out of his head.

It is mostly because it involves magic. I would say it has as much validity as the belief that Zeus gave birth to the first humans out of his head.

yet you have no idea how life originated....thus, god could have created life the way the bible says

i find it amusing that those who find the bible's story of creation a "myth" have no clue how life actually started, yet claim with absolute conviction that the bible story is a myth, as if it is fact that the bible story is a myth....

yet you have no idea how life originated....thus, god could have created life the way the bible says

i find it amusing that those who find the bible's story of creation a "myth" have no clue how life actually started, yet claim with absolute conviction that the bible story is a myth, as if it is fact that the bible story is a myth....
Yeah, as I said it has about the same probability as that of Zeus. I've never claimed to know the origin of life.

Many people believed in Zeus with just as much fervor as you do in Jesus, there is nothing that would change that both stories would be taught as myths.

I think it may be that you think there is only one definition of myth.

One of the definitions is: An unproved or false collective belief that is used to justify a social institution.

It doesn't have to be untrue or false in order to be a myth.

I find it amusing that people don't understand words that are being used.

The definition of "myth" that I am applying is: An unproved or false collective belief that is used to justify a social institution.

It doesn't mean it is a fairy tale or even that it isn't true, solely that it is unproved.

thanks for clarifying your usage of the word

that you had to specifically give a definition merely shows that i was not wrong, only that i did not know you were using that specific definition of myth

why you had to jump on your high horse over that is beyond me because surely you are aware that myth is also an imaginary or false notion

grind:

why are you laughing? i know 28 forms of karate, i am a certified ninja in 28 countries....answer me or you shall pay.

A lab this year created a single-cell life form. The characteristics weren't comparable to what we recognize even as single cell life, e.g. amoebas, paramecia, etc., but it was self-sustaining. I believe that it was in the U.S. but forget exactly where. It was in early spring, I think.

grind:

why are you laughing? i know 28 forms of karate, i am a certified ninja in 28 countries....answer me or you shall pay.

im laughing because of how silly you sound. it's like someone defending the greek pantheon. religious people such as yourself just can't comprehend how it is for people like watermark and I to be on a level above the rest of you. I don't mean that condescendingly, but we really are in like another dimension of reality. if you were in our dimension you would look down on your murky existence and beliefs and have a chuckle as well.

im laughing because of how silly you sound. it's like someone defending the greek pantheon. religious people such as yourself just can't comprehend how it is for people like watermark and I to be on a level above the rest of you. I don't mean that condescendingly, but we really are in like another dimension of reality. if you were in our dimension you would look down on your murky existence and beliefs and have a chuckle as well.

you do realize you sound like a five year old kid who's dad built him the best fort so he can look down on other kids simply because his dad built him a great fort....

he has no value, but his daddy made his argument for him

when you step out of your fort, let me know and let's discuss this. i am highly interested in it.

By "magic" don't you just mean it is something you can't rationalize or comprehend? If you can't prove how life originated, then you can't disprove it wasn't through creationism, that was the point. You want to imagine creationism as being "magic" because you don't comprehend how it may have worked or what may have happened, but wouldn't that also apply to any other notion you might have, since we simply don't know how life originates?

you do realize you sound like a five year old kid who's dad built him the best fort so he can look down on other kids simply because his dad built him a great fort....

he has no value, but his daddy made his argument for him

when you step out of your fort, let me know and let's discuss this. i am highly interested in it.

i used to do that all the time. I actually had a great treehouse, it had 3 levels and was badass. all the kids liked my treehouse better

thanks for clarifying your usage of the word

that you had to specifically give a definition merely shows that i was not wrong, only that i did not know you were using that specific definition of myth

why you had to jump on your high horse over that is beyond me because surely you are aware that myth is also an imaginary or false notion

grind:

Please. Why I had to "jump on my high horse"...

I simply knocked you off of yours and threw your own word usage "I find it amusing" back at you. Why use the words if you think when others use them they are jumping "on their high horse?"

A lab this year created a single-cell life form. The characteristics weren't comparable to what we recognize even as single cell life, e.g. amoebas, paramecia, etc., but it was self-sustaining. I believe that it was in the U.S. but forget exactly where. It was in early spring, I think.
I thought it was just a protein string.

Back