Who actually read tom's latest post? [poll]

Did you actually read toms long ass boring post?

• Total voters
you realize the hits for that thread will now go up from 8 views to who nows how many because people will respond to your thread :D

billys vote doesn't count. there is no way he read toms long boring post.
It is hard to credit that you are intelligent at times. You can't remain an adulescent forever.

adulescent. ad·u·les·cent - 1. n young person, often in their twenties, forced to return to living in a semi-permanent state of suspended adolescence.

you realize the hits for that thread will now go up from 8 views to who nows how many because people will respond to your thread :D

I predict it won't be too long before there will be just you and the trolls on here. That's probably why you voted to keep them!

Grind, why is your generation so scientifically illiterate? Ya'll know science is good and important and you don't want to be like the Dixie's of the world but you don't want to do the hard work either to learn science. Maybe you should read the article and learn who Feynman was. You'll be better for it and...oh...yea...I read the article soup to nuts. I'm a huge fan of Richard Feynman. It's too bad Tom didn't have a video/audio of this interview. It's classic Feynman.

Grind, why is your generation so scientifically illiterate? Ya'll know science is good and important and you don't want to be like the Dixie's of the world but you don't want to do the hard work either to learn science. Maybe you should read the article and learn who Feynman was. You'll be better for it and...oh...yea...I read the article soup to nuts. I'm a huge fan of Richard Feynman. It's too bad Tom didn't have a video/audio of this interview. It's classic Feynman.

There may be one around, I will look. What major did Grind do anyway, he seems to have a huge anti intellectual chip on his shoulder? My oldest son who is doing Software Engineering and is younger than Grind thought it was hilarious.

Grind I think is a computer science major. IE a dork who plays video games instead of chasing chicks in college. This is why he's so anti social now. LOFL

Grind I think is a computer science major. IE a dork who plays video games instead of chasing chicks in college. This is why he's so anti social now. LOFL

Then I can't fucking understand his attitude, as the spoof interview was taking the piss out of the type of interviewers that you meet going for a job in IT. :palm:

Here is one of Richard Feyman going to a Microsoft interview.

If Richard Feynman applied for a job at Microsoft

Interviewer: Now comes the part of the interview where we ask a question to test your creative thinking ability. Don't think too hard about it, just apply everyday common sense, and describe your reasoning process.

Here's the question: Why are manhole covers round?

Feynman: They're not. Some manhole covers are square. It's true that there are SOME round ones, but I've seen square ones, and rectangular ones.

Interviewer: But just considering the round ones, why are they round?

Feynman: If we are just considering the round ones, then they are round by definition. That statement is a tautology.

Interviewer: I mean, why are there round ones at all? Is there some particular value to having round ones?

Feynman: Yes. Round covers are used when the hole they are covering up is also round. It's simplest to cover a round hole with a round cover.

Interviewer: Can you think of a property of round covers that gives them an advantage over square ones?

Feynman: We have to look at what is under the cover to answer that question. The hole below the cover is round because a cylinder is the strongest shape against the compression of the earth around it. Also, the term "manhole" implies a passage big enough for a man, and a human being climbing down a ladder is roughly circular in cross-section. So a cylindrical pipe is the natural shape for manholes. The covers are simply the shape needed to cover up a cylinder.

Interviewer: Do you believe there is a safety issue? I mean, couldn't square covers fall into the hole and hurt someone?

Feynman: Not likely. Square covers are sometimes used on prefabricated vaults where the access passage is also square. The cover is larger than the passage, and sits on a ledge that supports it along the entire perimeter. The covers are usually made of solid metal and are very heavy. Let's assume a two-foot square opening and a ledge width of 1-1/2 inches. In order to get it to fall in, you would have to lift one side of the cover, then rotate it 30 degrees so that the cover would clear the ledge, and then tilt the cover up nearly 45 degrees from horizontal before the center of gravity would shift enough for it to fall in. Yes, it's possible, but very unlikely. The people authorized to open manhole covers could easily be trained to do it safely. Applying common engineering sense, the shape of a manhole cover is entirely determined by the shape of the opening it is intended to cover.

Interviewer (troubled): Excuse me a moment; I have to discuss something with my management team. (Leaves room.)

(Interviewer returns after 10 minutes)

Interviewer: We are going to recommend you for immediate hiring into the marketing department.

Feynman is awesome. I read his book Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman! just because of the title. He makes physics seem so easy.

You seem determined to get rid of most of the posters on here, I suppose it would make your job a lot easier! I also find it really fucking amusing that you have become such a fan of USRoyal all of a sudden.

how am i a fan of usloyal?

also enough with your emo session

Back