Who actually read tom's latest post? [poll]

Did you actually read toms long ass boring post?

• Total voters
I am not pissed off tom, most are lying, and some did it just to make you feel better because you almost started crying.

It wasn't that bad Grind. Any Engineer would think it was funny. This makes me believe that either Tom is, or he should be, an Engineer.

It wasn't that bad Grind. Any Engineer would think it was funny. This makes me believe that either Tom is, or he should be, an Engineer.

I am a datacomms engineer in the mobile phone industry.

Now cue the entry of Damned Yankee to do his sthick again about engineers.

This isn't to say that Tom posts funny things all the time. Often he posts things he thinks are funny that plainly aren't. Like that video on "Where is the father?"

That one sucked bad. But sometimes he finds a gem in his myriad posts.

There may be one around, I will look. What major did Grind do anyway, he seems to have a huge anti intellectual chip on his shoulder? My oldest son who is doing Software Engineering and is younger than Grind thought it was hilarious.

Did you ever see the BBC interview of Feynman back in the early 80's? It's a classic!! Here's part 1. The young lady who's portrait he's drawing isn't a student. She was a stripper at a local go-go bar. He used to go to a local strip bar to work when he felt he needed to be "inspired" LOL

Last edited:
This isn't to say that Tom posts funny things all the time. Often he posts things he thinks are funny that plainly aren't. Like that video on "Where is the father?"

I like the Where's The Father video not because it was funny but it was clever. Oh and also to piss Grind off!

I think most applied scientist and technologist would find this interview humerous. I couldn't imagine such a hypothetical being asked in a job interview in my field.

Be honest Damo...there may be a bit of a cultural bias here. Maybe the British esteem certain points of humor that we don't.....as opposed to the Germans who have no sense of humor.

tom what are your thoughts on Cisco?

I work a lot with Cisco routers and switches. A few years ago their main competition was Nortel until they imploded. In recent times their market share has been eroded by the likes of Juniper and Huawei. The latter in particular is enjoying exponential growth, Cisco tried to sue them a while back for industrial espionage and IP theft. Having said all that, Cisco is fighting back but it is going to have to reduce its product life cycles to keep up with the competition.

I have worked on one of their routers and it is virtually identical to the Cisco command line interface. They obviously spent a long time doing reverse engineering. Of course, it doesn't help that much of the hardware is now made in China so it makes the job even easier.

I work a lot with Cisco routers and switches. A few years ago their main competition was Nortel until they imploded. In recent times their market share has been eroded by the likes of Juniper and Huawei. The latter in particular is enjoying exponential growth, Cisco tried to sue them a while back for industrial espionage and IP theft. Having said all that, Cisco is fighting back but it is going to have to reduce its product life cycles to keep up with the competition.

I have worked on one of their routers and it is virtually identical to the Cisco command line interface. They obviously spent a long time doing reverse engineering. Of course, it doesn't help that much of the hardware is now made in China so it makes the job even easier.

Ok, notwithstanding 90% of that was over my head. I own some cisco as part of my mobile internet theme. Looks like some of thier aquisitions might have deluted that play. I'll take a look at Juniper and HU.
thanks

toms posting style is equal to him sticking a finger down his throat and then vomiting everything up unto the table. Just puke all over the place, dripping onto the floor, running all over the place. Just oozy orange brown flemmy liquid with chunks of food poking out.

So what some of you did was then take your hands and start sifting through his puke/food mix, looking for something. Then you find a piece of mostly undigested brocoli. And you ran it under the sink.

"Hey grind, I actually like brocoli, it's my favorite vegetable"

Back