Who gets pardons after the Nov election ?

Yep pappy bush's pardon of all Irancontra conspirators both indicted and unindicted flew.....The rebutliken gov of Ky tried the same thing, but under the KY constitution it did not fly. They had to be indicted before they could be pardoned.

You guys are gullible if you think any justice will come to those who are powerful in our nations government.

Can you name any high government official who was punished for their crimes?

:)
Bush and his whole party are being punished now :)
Just consider how many on here have dropped their support of bush .....

No those don't count. I'm talking prison time. Neither man were so much as fined for their acts.

Oliver North, Henry Kissinger, Lyndon Johnson, Karl Rove, Edwin Meese.

Powerful people are not punished. People not liking them anymore is not a real punishment in my opinion.

yeah how terrible for the Bush admin. Maybe when there term is over they'll have to get a job as a ceo of some huge corporation making millions of dollars every month.

Ahh there just desserts.

True not the type of punishment ordnary people would have gotten had then committed equivelent crimes... but some punishment none the less.

And G Gordon Liddy was punished for watergate.

Liddy didn't have that high a rank relatively. I'm talking people of the kind of rank I listed above. They are untouchable and will continue to be. If you think Bush, Cheney, Gonzalez, Rice, Rove or Rumsfeld will ever be punished you are dreaming.

Bush might, he will probably need to fear for his life till the day he dies.
He will probably run everytime he sees someone that looks arabic.

Liddy didn't have that high a rank relatively. I'm talking people of the kind of rank I listed above. They are untouchable and will continue to be. If you think Bush, Cheney, Gonzalez, Rice, Rove or Rumsfeld will ever be punished you are dreaming.

Sad, but I believe its true.

Pardons go to white collar criminals that are big within their party or are major contributors to their party. Whatever party is in power those that "served" or paid will get pardoned upon the president leaving office.

Pardons go to white collar criminals that are big within their party or are major contributors to their party. Whatever party is in power those that "served" or paid will get pardoned upon the president leaving office.

Yes true, however I considered Iran Contra to be treason. Selling weapons to an avowed enemy. I wonder how many of those involved in providing weapons to Iran are now now yelling death to Iran. Sort of an ultimate irony....
Of course we did the same with Sadam...

Yes true, however I considered Iran Contra to be treason. Selling weapons to an avowed enemy. I wonder how many of those involved in providing weapons to Iran are now now yelling death to Iran. Sort of an ultimate irony....
Of course we did the same with Sadam...

The iran arms sales took place to raise money for the Contra's. It was done because the democratic controled congress would not allow funding of a group that was fighting the communist sandinistas. so Reagan authorized an end run around congress. Of course in those days the soviets were a much bigger threat and problem than the ayatollahs in iran. And it wasn't realized what a major threat iran would become. There again they thought containment would work and by supporting saddam against iran they could keep both busy fighting each other while they dealt with the larger problem, the soviets.

North was a fall guy and a pardon for him was inevitable.

Things change drastically as the years go by. Our allies today could be our enemies tomorrow.

I fondly remember the days when Republicans thought following the letter of the law, was imperative. There was no excuse for breaking the law. Ever. At lease when it came to Democratic blowjobs.

Back