Who is Michigan’s greatest Rock Star?

Who is Michigan’s Greatest Rock Star?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Actually Bill Haley had several hits!! Oh and what about Madonna, Del Shannon and Jackie Wilson?
Read through the thread. I already covered Madonna (as has half of Michigan).

We’re talking the greatest Tom. The ones who had the most hits and/or the greatest influence. I already copped a Mia Culpa to my two most serious omissions Eminem and Bill “Smokey” Robinson.

Just because I omitted someone from the list doesn’t mean I’m dissing them (except Madonna).

I did give Kid Rock serious consideration. He’s a great performer. He just doesn’t have the discography of the others. It took a dramatic drop off after Joe C died. Makes you wonder if Joe was the brains behind the group?

Besides he’s not cited often as an influence and he’s only had 1 top 10 hit and only 6 Bill Board 100 hits.

Alice Cooper has had 3 top tens and 21 billboard 100 hits. Stevie Wonder has 63 billboard 100 hits.

Iggy May have had only one hit but he’s one of the most influential and The Godfather of an entire genre.

Last edited:
Eminem sucks, untalented white trash. Kid Rock falls in the same category IMHO.

Alice Cooper is great live. How many times have you seen him?

I haven't "officially" voted. I think Alice Cooper and Bob Seger are both great performers.

Alice Cooper's act is batty.

Well even though I voted for Iggy Pop I have to agree with the winner. Aretha Franklin is not only Michigans greatest Rock Star..she's also their greatest Blues and Gospel singer and arguably the greatest American vocalist ever. She was certainly a national treasure.

Well even though I voted for Iggy Pop I have to agree with the winner. Aretha Franklin is not only Michigans greatest Rock Star..she's also their greatest Blues and Gospel singer and arguably the greatest American vocalist ever. She was certainly a national treasure.

Maybe you should consider not voting in your polls from now on.

Back