Who Is the Best Band NOT in the RNR HOF

Who Is the Best Band NOT in the RnR HOF?

• Kiss

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Cure

• Rush

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Cheap Trick

• Alice Cooper

• The Moody Blues

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Peter Frampton

• Heart

• T-Rex

• Chicago

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kiss was the original heavy metal band and Rush is one of all time great Prog Rock bands and both are two of the best selling rock bands of all times. But WTF, they enshrined Madonna and Abba, didn't they?

Kiss was the original heavy metal band and Rush is one of all time great Prog Rock bands and both are two of the best selling rock bands of all times. But WTF, they enshrined Madonna and Abba, didn't they?

Kiss was NOT the "original heavy metal band" by at least a decade! You are forgetting about Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Butterfly, and Deep Purple. Kiss pioneered "Pyro-Rock" with the use of pyrotechnics on stage, although, The Who was the first to actually blow up their drum set.

I voted for Chicago, it was a tough pick... coulda also went with Moody Blues or Kiss.

Actually I think all the Bands I listed should be in the RnR hall of fame. The selection committee is a bunch of New York City art hosue morons. They make some of the most asinine picks.

Kiss was NOT the "original heavy metal band" by at least a decade! You are forgetting about Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Butterfly, and Deep Purple. Kiss pioneered "Pyro-Rock" with the use of pyrotechnics on stage, although, The Who was the first to actually blow up their drum set.

I voted for Chicago, it was a tough pick... coulda also went with Moody Blues or Kiss.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrJSKvX0AcI"]YouTube- Chicago You're The Inspiration.wmv[/ame]

Man, that's some rockin' shit.

Which probably explains why Chicago and Moody Blues aren't in the RNRHOF.

They brought a distinctive style to rock and roll music, and yes... it WAS rock and roll music. 25 or 6 to 4 ...one of the best classic rock songs of the time!

hardly a problem, considering the fact Leonard Cohen got in in '08...... and he neither rocks nor rolls.....and who are earth are Jimmy Cliff or the Stooges.....do they even have albums out?.....any of you ever heard their music?....

Last edited:
Leonard Cohen is actually a folk and pop artist. A brilliant one, sure, but he's just doesn't make rock. Strange how they're starting to include acts that have nothing to do with rock at all.

Leonard Cohen is actually a folk and pop artist. A brilliant one, sure, but he's just doesn't make rock. Strange how they're starting to include acts that have nothing to do with rock at all.

Strange how you have no concept of rock origins and roots at all. Uhm, rock music didn't begin when Rush first strummed a guitar chord!

No, KISS is the original glam rock band. They're awesome on many levels, no question, but they were never heavy metal in any sense of the word.

Anyways I voted for Rush.

People often call them pioneers of "glam rock" or "glitter rock" but I reject that... ever heard of David Bowie and Alice Cooper?

People often call them pioneers of "glam rock" or "glitter rock" but I reject that... ever heard of David Bowie and Alice Cooper?
Cooper could be argued but I feel KISS had a greater impact on the glam rock. Of course you're also correct in KISS being the pioneers of pyro rock. And of merchandising music. But heavy metal they are not.

Strange how you have no concept of rock origins and roots at all. Uhm, rock music didn't begin when Rush first strummed a guitar chord!

Rock began in blues and country. Folk sidestepped that. Some folk artists incorporated rock ideas (like Dylan), but I don't think you could consider Cohen one of those people. If you consider Cohen a rocker, you basically consider everyone besides classical music people and maybe jazz as a rocker. Which makes the entire genre meaningless.

Back