Why The U.S. Hates Roundabouts

OMG...they are sprouting up like mushrooms around here....slowing down trip times.

I am not a fan, though there are a few that were a good idea in my estimation.

My experience is that lights with modern sensors do better by a lot so far as capacity.

But the elites want to discourage cars as we all know.

There are around 300,000 traffic lights in the US, how much does that cost in lives, maintenance and electricity?

I like them! We have two on the way to Toledo!
And one in a gnarly intersection in North Toledo.

3 or 4 have popped up here. No Stopping. Traffic moves faster. Eliminates Stopping when there is no traffic or light traffic. 'Yield Signs' ... but no 'Stop Signs'. :)

There are around 300,000 traffic lights in the US, how much does that cost in lives, maintenance and electricity?

I am not going to research this and besides it is taboo but I think I know that roundabouts have more accidents and that the cumulative vehicle damage costs are higher, that the only thing they do positive is less human death and injury.

Less costly maintenance maybe, but I do notice that the trucks sure do chew up the center.

A year long News 4 investigation has discovered that these circular intersections have actually experienced more accidents after they were installed.

Back