Why wouldn't Hillary run for President?

a valid point on the obstructionist Congress; still to simply usurp the role of POTUS, and try to steer legislation,
in favour of executive regs/actions..
Nor am i a "paulbot" - although Ron Paul sums this up well (if you can stand another p.o.v.)

notice the criticism is generalized, it is "nuanced", make of it what you will

I'm a Paulbot, and proud of it.

I thought big ears was running again.

Oh,,, excuse me, become official king/dictator.

That sounds like a good idea, lets propose a constitutional amendment... oh, wait, I forgot, President Obama does not care about the Constitution he does not need an amendment.

Idiot!

I agree that from Senator/Secretary Clinton's perspective it likely is not sacrifice, but to an average American it looks a lot like sacrifice.

To me, serving as president appears to be huge sacrifice for anyone who accepts the job. I believe parents of young children should not seek the job, as it seems impossible to me that one could be an involved and good parent and serve at the same time.
sacrifice?? where?
Having your needs all attended? able to go on vacations/world travels? do you think the children of Obama are "sacrificing" what are they lacking?

Whom wouldn't want the worldwide exposure - something most Americans never get a chance at?

Did Chelsea come out alright - looks that way.

Or since this is the 50th year of JFK's assassination - how about Caroline Kennedy? John Kennedy Jr? - ok he died a plane crash -continuing the Kennedy curse, but he lived a good life..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F._Kennedy,_Jr.
ohn Fitzgerald Kennedy, Jr., often referred to as John F. Kennedy, Jr., JFK Jr., John Jr. or John-John, was an American socialite, magazine publisher and lawyer

I agree that from Senator/Secretary Clinton's perspective it likely is not sacrifice, but to an average American it looks a lot like sacrifice.

To me, serving as president appears to be huge sacrifice for anyone who accepts the job. I believe parents of young children should not seek the job, as it seems impossible to me that one could be an involved and good parent and serve at the same time.

Although Pres Obama seems to be doing it; his girls are turning out well.

I do think it is a huge sacrifice to be president or secretary of state.

I'm a Paulbot, and proud of it.
I would give you a thanks - for some reason this board is acting up, and I cannot
(seems some of the posts I cannot "thank" -no button -what's up with that?)

ANYONE that thinks outside the duopoly has to have something good going on inside their mind :)

EDIT: now that "thanks" appeared.....

That sounds like a good idea, lets propose a constitutional amendment... oh, wait, I forgot, President Obama does not care about the Constitution he does not need an amendment.

Idiot!

C'mon,,,, who's the real idiot.

You mean we really go by the constitution?

I would give you a thanks - for some reason this board is acting up, and I cannot

ANYONE that thinks outside the duopoloy has to have something good going on inside their mind :)

I want to have his baby,,,,

And so does my wife and kids.

Haha!

No, it does not. She was ambitious (like most politicians) and she wanted the power (like most politicians). It looks nothing like sacrifice. At all. Politicians at that level WANT to be at that level. She has 'sacrificed' nothing for this country. Which can be said about the bulk of politicians at that level.

sacrifice?? where?
Having your needs all attended? able to go on vacations/world travels? do you think the children of Obama are "sacrificing" what are they lacking?

Whom wouldn't want the worldwide exposure - something most Americans never get a chance at?

Did Chelsea come out alright - looks that way.

Or since this is the 50th year of JFK's assassination - how about Caroline Kennedy? John Kennedy Jr? - ok he died a plane crash -continuing the Kennedy curse, but he lived a good life..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F._Kennedy,_Jr.
ohn Fitzgerald Kennedy, Jr., often referred to as John F. Kennedy, Jr., JFK Jr., John Jr. or John-John, was an American socialite, magazine publisher and lawyer

I agree with most of what you stated. the exception being the kids. They do sacrifice. They did not choose to be there. This doesn't mean they have a rough life, but if you think they are able to behave like normal kids while always having a secret service detail in tow, then you are mistaken.

Chelsea certainly came out ok and I would bet the Obama kids will as well, but there is some sacrifice (as well as benefits) to the house they live in.

No, it does not. She was ambitious (like most politicians) and she wanted the power (like most politicians). It looks nothing like sacrifice. At all. Politicians at that level WANT to be at that level. She has 'sacrificed' nothing for this country. Which can be said about the bulk of politicians at that level.

She'd be in jail, or an ex-convict if her womanizing husband wouldn't had become pres, and/or gov.

Maybe one could make an argument that if you are head of a company and making lots of money you are 'sacrificing' yourself to quit and take a public office job though I wouldn't. Bill and Hillary didn't really have money before public office and got rich afterwards so to me it's not a whole lot of sacrifice.

To me sacrifice (among many other examples) would be someone making good money in the private sector who decides to quit and become a school teacher. You're giving up a lot (from a monetary standpoint) but not receiving the public exposure of elected office.

Maybe one could make an argument that if you are head of a company and making lots of money you are 'sacrificing' yourself to quit and take a public office job though I wouldn't. Bill and Hillary didn't really have money before public office and got rich afterwards so to me it's not a whole lot of sacrifice.

To me sacrifice (among many other examples) would be someone making good money in the private sector who decides to quit and become a school teacher. You're giving up a lot (from a monetary standpoint) but not receiving the public exposure of elected office.

Good example!

ANYONE that thinks outside the duopoly has to have something good going on inside their mind :)

Sometimes you have to refresh the page after posting before the thanks appears.

I wasn't talking about monetary sacrifice; I was talking about living under the public's scrutiny; the weight of the responsibility; and the traveling they have to do, particularly the secretary of state. Physically both the job of president and the job of secretary of state are draining. And to have that responsibility has GOT to be draining mentally.

I doubt that a person with that much ambition will change that quickly. I might be wrong.
Given the current electoral calculus.....should she run.....a Hilliary nomination is almost virtually assured and given the state of the GOP which has now been completely subverted by white, southern, social conservatives into the modern "Solid South" party, she would be virtually unbeatable in a general election. I'm not overly fond of Hilliary from a policy standpoint but I agree with her far more than radical southern conservatives. Her election would also be crucial from the following stratigic standpoing. It would mean 8 more years of Democrat control of the executive brance and would probably assure a change in the balance of power in SCOTUS from conservative to liberal. It would certainly assure tht the Federal judiciary is dominated by Democrats.

well you certainly are a Republican Wack.

OK....this may come as a shock to you....and as a Republican....you may not actually believe this.....but a person can make sacrifices of things they value highly in their personal life that have nothing to do with money.

Now I know that may seem extremely strange thing to do but in reality there is more to life than money (I think it was that comment that got me kicked out of the local chapter of the Republican party).

OK....this may come as a shock to you....and as a Republican....you may not actually believe this.....but a person can make sacrifices of things they value highly in their personal life that have nothing to do with money.

Now I know that may seem extremely strange thing to do but in reality there is more to life than money (I think it was that comment that got me kicked out of the local chapter of the Republican party).

Yes, running for high office and the power, fame and wealth that it can ultimately bring is such a "huge" sacrifice.

(Yes people often do sacrifice their family life but spare me the power and wealth achieved being a sacrifice.)

Isn't that interesting? And you start to realize that as you get older...you need a balance and sometimes that means sacrifice. I have been discussing that a lot lately in my own life.

Yes, running for high office and the power, fame and wealth that it can ultimately bring is such a "huge" sacrifice.

(Yes people often do sacrifice their family life but spare me the power and wealth achieved being a sacrifice.)
What about sacrifices. A lot of people in public service spend large parts of their own fortunes to obtain those positions which pay a fraction of what those people paid. Not to mention said civic minded individual may be earning far more money for far less work than as a public servant. That would be a sacrifice.

Back