World Cup Soccer; England v. USA

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
Here it goes...

:D

The last time we met here in this venue, the USA continued its rather habitual beating of the Brits. What are your predictions for this game? (For those who actually pay attention to soccer).

Both teams are playing a 4-4-2 formation. Green is the goalkeeper for the Brits, Howard in goal for the USA. The teams play a more physical game, I suspect there will be many yellow cards this game.

Here it goes...

:D

The last time we met here in this venue, the USA continued its rather habitual beating of the Brits. What are your predictions for this game? (For those who actually pay attention to soccer).

I better get the coffee going. I find it hard staying awake when watching soccer.

Man, how did Green give that up?!!! LOL. If England loses, I'd be afraid to go home if that were me!

We're at the half... The USA has been playing kinda off... until that goal. Green really got them back into the game missing that light goal. Whomever scores next, IMO, will win this game. Rooney really hasn't been a factor, all hype, no action.

Dear England,

Your keeper sucks. I'm sure some blokes at the pub can attest to that. He must have still had the sweat from their poles and buttons on his hands when he attempted to make that save.

Thanks very much,
USA

Well the saying "better to be lucky than good" suits this well. If it weren't luck the US would have gone in the crapper. Why can't we put together a world class team?

Well the saying "better to be lucky than good" suits this well. If it weren't luck the US would have gone in the crapper. Why can't we put together a world class team?

Imagine if the best athletes in our country played soccer. Can you imagine like LeBron James or Kobe Bryant out there? Or Allen Iverson in his prime?

Imagine if the best athletes in our country played soccer. Can you imagine like LeBron James or Kobe Bryant out there? Or Allen Iverson in his prime?
So our best soccer players are mediocre? Out of the millions of kids that play soccer in the US every year we can't find 25 world class players?

So our best soccer players are mediocre? Out of the millions of kids that play soccer in the US every year we can't find 25 world class players?
Dude, that team is world class. Before this world cup they were ranked 14th, England was ranked 8th.

1-1 Final... Tie Match.
Ya know that our friends across the pond like Tom, Charver, Thaichi all have to be ready to take a ribbing when our second rate, second tier minor league athletes can play the best All Stars the Premier League can produce and play them to a tie. Say's a lot about the caliber of American athletes, doesn't it? :pke:

Because outside of some upper middle class mother's who are irrationally obsessed with their children, no one in the US really gives a shit about a sport that has even less action then Baseball. But cheer up. These minor league athletes (at least by US standards) were still able to hang with the best the Brits have.

Ya know that our friends across the pond like Tom, Charver, Thaichi all have to be ready to take a ribbing when our second rate, second tier minor league athletes can play the best All Stars the Premier League can produce and play them to a tie. Say's a lot about the caliber of American athletes, doesn't it? :pke:

Taichi's a Brit? I thought he was from New York for some reason.

NO! Green had ONE brain fart but other than that he was great. There were some shots on goal in the second that he was great on. ONE fucking mistake. It was not even a good shot, it was weak and pathetic.

Yes. That was somewhat of a disappointment.

There is much criticism of the USA team, usually tied in to the lower popularity of football in America, but you do have a decent side. We should have won but, frankly, we just didn't do enough and when we did create chances our finishing was terrible (Emile Heskeys i'm looking at you). Oh, yeah, and Robert Green. For me he was our third choice keeper before the match and that view was hardly challenged last night. Replay count of that incident - currently 55.

Traditionally this is how England start every World Cup. A draw.

We're both in a good position to qualify from the group stage now as Algeria and Slovenia shouldn't give either of us too many problems. I think we can both be quite optimistic going into the next game.

I called up my cousin who lived in London for 5 years and had him translate this into American.

Yes. That was somewhat of a disappointment.
I'm so pissed I could take a flame thrower to the lot of them!

There is much criticism of the USA team, usually tied in to the lower popularity of football in America, but you do have a decent side.
You no good rotten cocksuckers.

We should have won but, frankly, we just didn't do enough and when we did create chances our finishing was terrible (Emile Heskeys i'm looking at you).
I just can't believe we could screw up like that. Hey Heskeys, Fuck you too!

Oh, yeah, and Robert Green. For me he was our third choice keeper before the match and that view was hardly challenged last night. Replay count of that incident - currently 55.
Green, you should be shot you incompetent son of a bitch!

Traditionally this is how England start every World Cup. A draw.
Awww shit! Not again!!

We're both in a good position to qualify from the group stage now as Algeria and Slovenia shouldn't give either of us too many problems.
Oh yea? Your momma!

I think we can both be quite optimistic going into the next game.
We are truly fucked now.

Last edited:
Back