World Series

What? Shows what you know. I'm a die heard Reds fan and even I know that Cub fans are the very best fans in baseball........they have to be!
Right. Or I'm right and they simply love to complain. These are the same people that think when Broncos fans expect the best and get less they should be "happy" that they "almost" did it.

They spend almost all their time talking about their "woes" and trying to get people to feel sorry for them. But most of us just look at them like they are a bit insane, make a sad face and say "yeah" just to get them to go away.

Jeter is the man. A-Roid is a fucking homo. Posada might be one of the best all around catchers ever, Tex is great and a very smart player, starting rotation blah, blah blah, on and on I could go with the accolades. Also, I really like Nick Swisher after following him out in Oakland. He messes up a bit, but you can tell he has a child like love for the game.

Fixed by the Seattle guy.

But Jeter is the man, and I have a lot of respect for him. Its also nice to see Swisher clean-shaven and well-groomed; he must be playing for the Yankees now!!

Ok but how come now talk of game two? Just as I said, Pedro is old and inconsistent and he lost them the game. AJ on the other hand was golden. If Lee could pitch 4 games straight it would be over, but he can't. Today it is Petit vs Hamels. Hamels was last years MVP this years goat. Yankees can easily take this one today giving Home Field back to the Yankees

Ok but how come now talk of game two? Just as I said, Pedro is old and inconsistent and he lost them the game. AJ on the other hand was golden. If Lee could pitch 4 games straight it would be over, but he can't. Today it is Petit vs Hamels. Hamels was last years MVP this years goat. Yankees can easily take this one today giving Home Field back to the Yankees
You're crazy. If a starting pitcher holds the opposing team to 3 runs or less, he's done his job. It's up to the offense to score some points. Pedro did a fine job and didn't lose that game. The Philly's offense did.

You're crazy. If a starting pitcher holds the opposing team to 3 runs or less, he's done his job. It's up to the offense to score some points. Pedro did a fine job and didn't lose that game. The Philly's offense did.
But Yankees starting pitcher DID his job. Held the opposition to 1 point where the old man couldn't. Better pitching won out.

But Yankees starting pitcher DID his job. Held the opposition to 1 point where the old man couldn't. Better pitching won out.
I agree but what does that have to do with Pedro? Pedro did all right. He did his job and yes Yankees pitching was better but only because the Philly's offense didn't perform and that's not Pedro's fault either. The odds of your team winning a game if the pitcher only gives up 3 runs is around 75%! The Phily's offense need to step up to the plate and perform.

I'd make a similiar argument in football. If a defense holds a team to 17 points and they lose they game it's the offense's fault as the defense did it's job. Conversely if an offense scores 20 points it's done it's job and it's up to the defense to keep the opposing team to less than 20.

In baseball I call it the 3/4 rule. If the pitcher/defense holds the opponents to 3 points they've done their job and if the offense scores 4 points they've done their job.

BTW, I came to these conclusions by crunching a bunch of numbers on games. In baseball I've learned that if Team A holds Team B to 3 points, Team A will win 75% of the time with better than a 95% confidence interval.

Same with football. If team A holds Team B to 17 pts Team A will win 75% of the time with better than a 95% confidence interval.

I should note. I calculated the football statistic on NFL games so those 17 pts may not apply to college football. Another note, surprisingly the won loss record of the teams used in calculating this statistic had no impact. That is to say, if a baseball teams record was 100 and 62 it would still lose 75% of the games in which it was held to 3 pts or less.

Last edited:
Can you figure out how to put that skill of yours to some economic use. That is some pretty good stuff. Is there any way to figure out what the chances are a team with record certain will not score more than 17 points?

BTW, I came to these conclusions by crunching a bunch of numbers on games. In baseball I've learned that if Team A holds Team B to 3 points, Team A will win 75% of the time with better than a 95% confidence interval.

Same with football. If team A holds Team B to 17 pts Team A will win 75% of the time with better than a 95% confidence interval.

I should note. I calculated the football statistic on NFL games so those 17 pts may not apply to college football. Another note, surprisingly the won loss record of the teams used in calculating this statistic had no impact. That is to say, if a baseball teams record was 100 and 62 it would still lose 75% of the games in which it was held to 3 pts or less.

can you give me these raw numbers? I will put this to use with sports betting.

27 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS! NEW YORK YANKEES!

One of the sweetest aspects of this is that A-Rod got a ring. Haters gotta be burning up inside.

F*CK THE EVIL EMPIRE!!!!!
Keep hate alive Bitches! Phillies got owned. Pedro...owned, the ONLY two Phillies that didn't get owned were Utley and Lee, otherwise, they weren't so much of a much. Way more hype over substance.

Godzilla! Matsui is the greatest Japanese player ever. Suzuki has had a great career, but Matsui is clutch.

Cashman sucks!

Back