Would You Support and Immediate Withdrawal From Iraq?

LadyT and Damo race to the rear ?
It is a primary, there is no better time to vote how you believe than during a primary. There is no "throw away your vote" argument that fits in such a case, even though I don't think they fit in any case at all.

It is a primary, there is no better time to vote how you believe than during a primary. There is no "throw away your vote" argument that fits in such a case, even though I don't think they fit in any case at all.

No, you're still really throughing away you're vote if you vote for someone just absolutely ridiculous, it just isn't as terrible a waste. Actually, if you vote for someone who has no chance of even polling above 15% in your state you're also disfranchising yourself of an opinion on the party platform. AND the Republicans use winner-take-all in most states, so you'd be throwing your vote away if you didn't vote for one of the top two in THAT primary.

Plurarity voting is awesome.

Unless like me you vote in the other sides primary. Then it is fun to vote for the one least likely to win the general election.

No, you're still really throughing away you're vote if you vote for someone just absolutely ridiculous, it just isn't as terrible a waste. Actually, if you vote for someone who has no chance of even polling above 15% in your state you're also disfranchising yourself of an opinion on the party platform. AND the Republicans use winner-take-all in most states, so you'd be throwing your vote away if you didn't vote for one of the top two in THAT primary.

Plurarity voting is awesome.
The primaries are designed to show how the party feels about the issues as well as to finally choose a candidate. If Paul got 20% of the vote, and the winner 40% it would give weight to the views of those who like Paul even with the eventual winner. Even if he only got 5% then later that candidate lost by that same percentage, and it was likely due to those people not going to the polls during the election, during the next primaries you would find Paul's views getting far more air time.

Unless like me you vote in the other sides primary. Then it is fun to vote for the one least likely to win the general election.
Very few people do this because they like to have a voice in their own party. Especially in areas where caucuses are important in selecting candidates.

Very few people do this because they like to have a voice in their own party. Especially in areas where caucuses are important in selecting candidates.

Umm well why are the repubs whing about this in va and trying to change the law. In VA you can just register as voter. and vote in whichever primary you want, but only on one side at a time.

Umm well why are the repubs whing about this in va and trying to change the law. In VA you can just register as voter. and vote in whichever primary you want, but only on one side at a time.
Don't know and don't care. I just know that even in our county which has overwhelming R registration, the Ds still register as Ds to vote in their own primaries and to help select candidates in the caucuses. Closed systems have progressed to make Colorado into a very purple state...

LMAO...............

Don't know and don't care. I just know that even in our county which has overwhelming R registration, the Ds still register as Ds to vote in their own primaries and to help select candidates in the caucuses. Closed systems have progressed to make Colorado into a very purple state...

With this may I suggest a little humor from all the 'doom and gloom'

Okay everybody sing along... www.brownielocks.com/purplepeopleeater.html

after the chorus..all should be well on the Western Front!

Back