You have to have a fight to the death. Choose your weapon. Baseball bat or Knife.

Depends on how good you are with either one.
if equal a baseball bat has more reach and would be best.

Of course if a nerd with a baseball bat faces a trained knifeman...dead nerd.

I prefer .45 acp.

┐(´-`)┌;518497 said:
My brother and I have been arguing about this. I say knife. He says baseball bat.

Depends on the knife.

But a baseball bat has more reach. Just don't swing it like you are swinging at a baseball.

I've trained with a knife, and with a staff. It really depends on the opponent what I'd rather have. Let's say you get a bat and I get a knife, I'm relatively confident that I can take the bat from you stuff it into your gut and cut your throat with the knife... Let's say it is somebody who has trained as much as I have. I'll take the staff (bat) any day.

Eventually it will come down to effectiveness. One might think they have a lock on such, to find out they are wrong.

jesus christ you idiots. we are going to assume equal skill. i guess we could say "it depends if you have a jetpack or not" but lets have some common sense.

┐(´-`)┌;518570 said:
jesus christ you idiots. we are going to assume equal skill. i guess we could say "it depends if you have a jetpack or not" but lets have some common sense.
Then I choose the staff (bat), there is better control and reach. You could throw the knife, but somebody with equal skill could block or avoid that and beat you down with the bat.

┐(´-`)┌;518570 said:

Fuck your exaggerations, Grind!!!

┐(´-`)┌;518497 said:
My brother and I have been arguing about this. I say knife. He says baseball bat.
He's right. You take a knife against some one with a ball bat. Particularly if the have been through Paris Island, your dead meat. When fighting with a ball bat you don't grab it by the handle and start swinging away. You use it like you would a quarter staff. Disarming someone with a knife that way would be fairly easy.

Point in case. Back when I was a younger man some clown at the East Locust St Tap in Davenport, IA pulled a knife on my buddy while he was playing pool. My buddy jabbed him in the face with the butt end of the cue stick and the fight was over. In another instance I watched a cop disarm a guy with nunchucks (and the guy with the nunchucks new what he was doing) with a PR24 so fast it was funny. One second the guy was spining those chucks at a zillion rpm blur and the next second he was staring at his empty hands.

my logic is, as long as you protect your head and get low, that you'll be charging in. They will likely not knock you out first hit, and you'll be able to get a good stab. Then you back off, watch them bleed and go into shock and you are good to go.

┐(´-`)┌;519652 said:
my logic is, as long as you protect your head and get low, that you'll be charging in. They will likely not knock you out first hit, and you'll be able to get a good stab. Then you back off, watch them bleed and go into shock and you are good to go.

What happens if they hit your knife arm with the bat as you move in?

Back