You Turkeys

I ruined Thanksgiving for the GF and myself. Took garbage out to garage in the morning and when putting bag into larger bag, knocked snow shovel over and "bumped" the corner into shin. Went back into house and while standing in the kitchen when GF came out, she let out a ear piercing scream. Looked down to see a large puddle of blood on floor. Pulled up (navy blue) sweat pant leg to see blood squirting out of my leg like a squirt gun. Must have somehow hit a vein. Pant leg, sock and moccasin was soaked with blood. I never felt it at all. Took almost half an hour to get bleeding stopped. Ruined two throw rugs too. I told her to go to her sister's for dinner but she refused, saying what would I do if it started bleeding again. Fortunately, it hasn't bled since.

Dude that sucks. Was it an aluminum shovel? One more reason to hate those, other than its amazing ability to not glide on concrete, and its amazing ability to have a huge quantity of snow to stick to it like glue when you go to throw it.

Ignore CA.

Oh geezy peaches, RB! You might be over-anticoagulated, did you talk to your doc yet about this? Thank goodness you didn't knock your noggin. :~(

I called the nurse, she told me to keep doing what I was doing to stop the bleeding. It has not bled since so I think I'm out of the woods. If I hit my "noggin," I probably would have been OK!

I'm glad you don't hate all liberals- You must have something in common with liberals or you wouldn't have one for a friend.

This was refreshing news. Thanks for sharing and get well soon!

She's not a liberal, just a Dem. She and her family are Dems, except for her niece and her husband, both who are in the Navy.

Thanks, I'm sure I'll be fine.

Dude that sucks. Was it an aluminum shovel? One more reason to hate those, other than its amazing ability to not glide on concrete, and its amazing ability to have a huge quantity of snow to stick to it like glue when you go to throw it.

Ignore CA.

It was an older aluminum one that is about wore out. I keep it in the garage to shovel the snow away from my garage door before getting the snow blower out to do the driveway and in front of my mail box. I have a good one, along with a can of silicone (works good to keep snow from sticking) on my enclosed porch to do the sidewalks out to the garage. All is good :smile:

Other than the little bump on the shin, I didn't feel a thing. The "hole" wasn't any bigger than 1/32 of an inch, if even that big.
Yeah, after 13+ years, I'll hang on to her. She's a Democrat, but you wouldn't believe it. She's pro gun, said the circus the dems made of the Kavanaugh nomination was ridiculous, this present shitshow they're making with these impeachment hearings has become annoying and global warming is way overblown. She really laughed about them complaining about cow farts!
Glad you're OK;) And yes, keep her;)

Get woke

Because imma gonna spoke

So, made my first turkey from scratch. Pain in the.... Anyway hours and hours later was going to use the Treager, but it was pouring rain sideways, baked it on the oven for approximately 3 hours after massaging, seasoning and some cuddling....

It turned out perfect!

I even laughed because it tasted so good! Everyone loved It! I put the carving knife in their face and said:

Tell me the truth, did you love it?

Each if them nodded emphatically yes!

I am the Thanksgiving King.
A little smoke, perfect, I bet it was the cuddling :laugh:

It was an older aluminum one that is about wore out. I keep it in the garage to shovel the snow away from my garage door before getting the snow blower out to do the driveway and in front of my mail box. I have a good one, along with a can of silicone (works good to keep snow from sticking) on my enclosed porch to do the sidewalks out to the garage. All is good :smile:

I went with plastic a long time ago. Doesn't scratch the wood steps (or in my case, Trex), and glides over concrete or asphalt.

RB hope you are recovered, Ohhhhh, the Golden Years :yikes:

Yeah, I'm OK, but Dr. wants to see me tomorrow anyway. He wants to run some tests that are scheduled for Dec. 23 so I won't have to go back then. I'm good with that.
I thought retirement was for relaxing, but 2 surgeries, a bad case of Neuropathy in the feet and now this wasn't what I signed up for! I'll be fine though, gotta stay positive :cool2:

Did they let you out of your cage again? You seem to have an obsession with perversions, as noticed in other threads as well. Crawl back under your rock.

Nah, I just call you out on your candy-assed hypocrisy and watch you run away in tears.

Same as it ever was, whore.

Get woke

Because imma gonna spoke

So, made my first turkey from scratch. Pain in the.... Anyway hours and hours later was going to use the Treager, but it was pouring rain sideways, baked it on the oven for approximately 3 hours after massaging, seasoning and some cuddling....

It turned out perfect!

I even laughed because it tasted so good! Everyone loved It! I put the carving knife in their face and said:

That must have been one huge assed Turkey if it took 3 hours to cook.

Get woke

Because imma gonna spoke

It turned out perfect!

If you're going to use a grill or Traeger to cook a Turkey or Chicken try spatchcocking the bird. And before you start worrying that I've abandoned sheep for fowl, spatchcocking is where you use some heavy sheers or clippers and cut out the spine of the bird, spread it open bone side down and press down on top of the breast until the keel bone breaks. You then grill it (or Traeger) bone side down at about 350 deg F heat till desired internal temp is reached. The advantage of this method is it cooks the bird more evenly.

Back