16 troops kill themselves

You are the only one assuming you are the only volunteer. Whatever these kids felt it has nothing to do with your political agenda, or your assumptions of what they felt.

a pathetic attempt at spinning there Damo.

I know what they have shared in chat and group therapy sessions.

No assumptions involved.

a pathetic attempt at spinning there Damo.

I know what they have shared in chat and group therapy sessions.

No assumptions involved.
Again, the attempt to use what they said to you there as political points is hackery.

I too know what they have said in such sessions, and not all of it is beneficial to your failed attempt to tap into them for your politics. I refuse to play this game. Just stop. You are not making yourself look good.

You are the only one assuming you are the only volunteer. Whatever these kids felt it has nothing to do with your political agenda, or your assumptions of what they felt.

How in the fuck did these kids plan to all kill themselves without anyone realizing they were mentally in trouble?

Yep I forgot you know everything.

It must be time to get another bucket that one must be full of nits by now.

How in the fuck did these kids plan to all kill themselves without anyone realizing they were mentally in trouble?
If you notice I haven't stated anything about your posts. The assumption he makes is repugnant, he knows that isn't the only reason these kids could feel this way. I wish it were that simple, but he knows it isn't and yet attempts to use them to further a political goal.

You are questioning whether they might have been murdered because of what they knew about. I don't think that is hackery. I think that is an inconvenient question that would arise any time a huge number take their lives together in such a circumstance. I don't like that we have to question things like that, but I can understand where that comes from and have a bit of wonder myself without being a hack.

don't talk about it desh. You know talking about the suffering of Vets is just liberal political hackery according to Damo, the tool of the right.

This one smells to high heaven.

I still have not heard one fucking word from the TV media on it.

Again, the attempt to use what they said to you there as political points is hackery.

I too know what they have said in such sessions, and not all of it is beneficial to your failed attempt to tap into them for your politics. I refuse to play this game. Just stop. You are not making yourself look good.

You would know better than I but as an outsider I find it difficult to believe soldiers going into a war zone actually believed they were going on vacation.

This one smells to high heaven.

I still have not heard one fucking word from the TV media on it.

that is the way those on the right want it. Heck I even get called a hack for talking about it. I am still waiting for someone to call me unamerican.

The 5 who survived will not make it.

I wish to hell someone was protecting them.

Well, according to the story if they killed themselves it was because they slaughtered a couple of families. So I'd be more apt to wish someone had been protecting the dead families.

You would know better than I but as an outsider I find it difficult to believe soldiers going into a war zone actually believed they were going on vacation.

I am also an outsider, but no matter where people go or what they do, suicide is an unfortunate part of life. I doubt the suicide rate is much higher in the military than anywhere else.

That said, I will agree with Desh in that mass suicides are much rarer and while it is a tough question, it has to be asked.... how did no one notice such a big group was suffering this badly??? As for her second potential theory... that they were murdered to prevent them from talking... that should also be investigated.

I am also an outsider, but no matter where people go or what they do, suicide is an unfortunate part of life. I doubt the suicide rate is much higher in the military than anywhere else.

That said, I will agree with Desh in that mass suicides are much rarer and while it is a tough question, it has to be asked.... how did no one notice such a big group was suffering this badly??? As for her second potential theory... that they were murdered to prevent them from talking... that should also be investigated.

Citizen claimed soldiers he worked with thought they were going to Iraq and Afghanistan on some sort of vacation.

Thank you for your recognition that this is an very unsusual situation.

Someone kept these kids from the attention they so obviously needed.

Why?

That is very true. Especially now. Some may have been a bit unclear at the beginning, but it is clear that Iraq isn't a place to go to visit the theme parks.

Citizen claimed soldiers he worked with thought they were going to Iraq and Afghanistan on some sort of vacation.

Rush would be proud of you spinning there SF.

you get +10 rush points :clink:

but I had beat up on Damo pretty badly and you had to say something in his defense.

Thank you for your recognition that this is an very unsusual situation.

Someone kept these kids from the attention they so obviously needed.

Why?

Desh, are you at all bothered by the fact that "these kids" from your own article, might have been involved in murdering several families? Let's say that's why they committed suicide, am I supposed to be crying about it? because they're "our troops?"

Desh, are you at all bothered by the fact that "these kids" from your own article, might have been involved in murdering several families? Let's say that's why they committed suicide, am I supposed to be crying about it? because they're "our troops?"

Yep unless you are unamerican Darla.

Back