16 troops kill themselves

Desh, are you at all bothered by the fact that "these kids" from your own article, might have been involved in murdering several families? Let's say that's why they committed suicide, am I supposed to be crying about it? because they're "our troops?"

It depends. If they went in knowing that it was just families and slaughtered them, then no. If they thought the homes contained terrorists/militants etc.... and went in guns blazing without verifying, then yes... I would feel sorry for both the families and the soldiers.

Given that it is less likely that a person would deliberately kill civilians and then feel so much remorse as to kill themselves, I would guess it was more likely the latter.

Desh, are you at all bothered by the fact that "these kids" from your own article, might have been involved in murdering several families? Let's say that's why they committed suicide, am I supposed to be crying about it? because they're "our troops?"

We dont require people who "might" have commited a crime to kill themsleves.

It depends. If they went in knowing that it was just families and slaughtered them, then no. If they thought the homes contained terrorists/militants etc.... and went in guns blazing without verifying, then yes... I would feel sorry for both the families and the soldiers.

Given that it is less likely that a person would deliberately kill civilians and then feel so much remorse as to kill themselves, I would guess it was more likely the latter.

Well, I'd like to find out the whole story before I go getting all griefy over it. There is a book "Tiger force" about units in Vietnam who did the most horrific things to civilians, and many of them went on to kill themselves eventually.

Well, I'd like to find out the whole story before I go getting all griefy over it. There is a book "Tiger force" about units in Vietnam who did the most horrific things to civilians, and many of them went on to kill themselves eventually.

I agree. I would also like to find out the whole story. Because Desh has brought up valid points that should be addressed. Yours is also valid if it was the reason and was deliberate on their part. Anyone who deliberately slaughters innocent people is not deserving of much sympathy.

Do any of you really think Lyndy England plotted to molest prisoners on her own volition?

No... I think she and some of her buddies were screwing around and took things too far.... I don't think they believed it was "torture". I believe they were kids in a position of power and let that power go to their heads.

No... I think she and some of her buddies were screwing around and took things too far.... I don't think they believed it was "torture". I believe they were kids in a position of power and let that power go to their heads.

yeah pretty much what I think, but they were not properly trained or supervised obviously. And possibly encouraged under the table so to speak. At least encouraged to by the extremists who consider muslims to be sub human.
Rush on Armed forces radio comes to mind for me.

Darla do you really know if these kids are all guilty?

Do you want the truth?

You are totally twisting everything I am saying.

I said, if it is the case that they murdered those families, than my sympathies are with the innocent Iraqi murdered civilians Desh. You are already all "these kids" and how someone should have been there for them. If they murdered those people, someone should have been there to put them in prison.

No way, that came from the top on down. THe FBI walked out of many of those situations, and there were FBI agents who asked the head of the FBI to issue arrest warrants against CIA agents. I guess we can be comforted that many in the FBI apparently still believe in the law...but to claim it was a couple of bad apples is not true. But that does not mean that the participants themselves don't bear responsibility, they certainly do.

You are totally twisting everything I am saying.

I said, if it is the case that they murdered those families, than my sympathies are with the innocent Iraqi murdered civilians Desh. You are already all "these kids" and how someone should have been there for them. If they murdered those people, someone should have been there to put them in prison.

That was already in process.

I fear they were silenced to keep the truth from coming to light.

No way, that came from the top on down. THe FBI walked out of many of those situations, and there were FBI agents who asked the head of the FBI to issue arrest warrants against CIA agents. I guess we can be comforted that many in the FBI apparently still believe in the law...but to claim it was a couple of bad apples is not true. But that does not mean that the participants themselves don't bear responsibility, they certainly do.

Wait, the FBI was at Abu Ghraib?

Back