2016 College Football

WinterBorn

Verified User
I thought I would try again to make a thread that didn't have as many trolls.

The 2016 season has started. A few observations:

Clemson does not look like the team that almost won it all last year.

The OSU v. OK game could decide whether OK makes the playoff again.

Washington is looking better.

The QB for Louisville is racking up yards and points. Next they play FSU. That will show if they are for real.

Yes, it looks like FSU and Louisville are better than Clemson now. I am thinking that the Big-12 will be out of the Playoff this year. I think that Alabama and Washington will win their conferences, and go to the Playoff. That leaves OSU vs Michigan, and Louisville vs FSU as the remaining two. Houston can sneak in if any of them chokes.

Yes, it looks like FSU and Louisville are better than Clemson now. I am thinking that the Big-12 will be out of the Playoff this year. I think that Alabama and Washington will win their conferences, and go to the Playoff. That leaves OSU vs Michigan, and Louisville vs FSU as the remaining two. Houston can sneak in if any of them chokes.

Unless OK looks like a total flop, Houston is badass.

Also, last year, Houston had legitimate divisional threats in Temple and Navy. Now, Temple has declined after losing some key seniors, and Navy is without superstar 5th-year QB Keenan Reynolds. Now that they've proven themselves against the preseason #3 ranked team, they can coast along.

Also, last year, Houston had legitimate divisional threats in Temple and Navy. Now, Temple has declined after losing some key seniors, and Navy is without superstar 5th-year QB Keenan Reynolds. Now that they've proven themselves against the preseason #3 ranked team, they can coast along.

Yeah, they pretty much have a cupcake schedule until they play Louisville in Nov. Lose that and it is over. Win it and they are in if there is any opening.

Didn't realize that Houston had to play Louisville. Since the Cardinals are easily one of the 4-5 best teams in football this year, I'd say Houston will definitely be kept out.

Colorado isn't really that much different from last year. They are now without all-time school leading WR Spruce, who graduated. The thing is that they are now so much better than CSU that it's no longer competitive. I think the move to the Pac-12 has really given CO and Utah an advantage against CSU and USU, frankly. Once divisional play begins, they should be better than bottom feeders OSU and WSU.

One of the great games this weekend is going to be played early. Louisville and Florida State play at noon EST. West coast people will need to start their football watching at 9am to see it? Ouch.

There is a surf music show all day Saturday. Sounds like time to keep up with games on my phone until the Bama/Ole Miss game. Music, good beer, and football. Great day!!

Didn't realize that Houston had to play Louisville. Since the Cardinals are easily one of the 4-5 best teams in football this year, I'd say Houston will definitely be kept out.

Colorado isn't really that much different from last year. They are now without all-time school leading WR Spruce, who graduated. The thing is that they are now so much better than CSU that it's no longer competitive. I think the move to the Pac-12 has really given CO and Utah an advantage against CSU and USU, frankly. Once divisional play begins, they should be better than bottom feeders OSU and WSU.

Houston is having lots of trouble with Cinci. That doesn't bode well.

Yeah, I'm still on night shifts at work. This weekend, I'll be going to sleep at around 8am, so I'll only catch the Louisville-FSU highlights.

Unless OK looks like a total flop, Houston is badass.
Houston is good but outside of OK have a weak schedule. We will find out how good OK is as OSU has won 19 of its last games on the road and beat the spread on 21 of its last road games.

OK has a serious problem at O-line and OSU will blow them up early and often. The betting odds are OSU by 1 pt. that's pretty much even odds. I'd take OSU on the road. If OSU does win OK will be out of the playoff hunt. For Houston to have a shot OK needs to lose to OSU but win the big 12.

Even then they're still a long shot to win a playoff spot.

FSU and Louisville in 30 mins. I predict FSU will win. I'm not sure how close it will be, but certainly not a blowout.

Louisville has some serious offensive power. But they have not faced a D line like FSU has. The front seven will slow Louisville down and keep them out of the endzone more than anyone has so far. I think Jackson will get a LOT of yards, but fewer scores.

FSU and Louisville in 30 mins. I predict FSU will win. I'm not sure how close it will be, but certainly not a blowout.

Louisville has some serious offensive power. But they have not faced a D line like FSU has. The front seven will slow Louisville down and keep them out of the endzone more than anyone has so far. I think Jackson will get a LOT of yards, but fewer scores.

But then...I could be wrong.

Back