2016 College Football

Hey Mott! Remember making fun of Alabama for scheduling a cupcake when we played GA State? They are beating Wisconsin!!
Yea but the Cheeseheads pulled it out. Tennessee had a rough time with mighty Ohio U.

Ole Miss is putting it to Bama. They imploded in the last two minutes of the first half and let Bama back in the game. Bet you're on pins and needles?

Colorado imploded in the last two minutes of the first half and gave the lead back to Mich.

I'm following three games. All good. Ore vs. Neb, Bama vs. Ole Miss, Colorado vsMichigan.

All good games so far. I'm not going to do a Winterborn a predict a winner. LOL

I'm following three games. All good. Ore vs. Neb, Bama vs. Ole Miss, Colorado vsMichigan.

All good games so far. I'm not going to do a Winterborn a predict a winner. LOL

I'm flipping through the same three ... and watching OSU (little brother) and Pitt as well.

Pins & needles doesn't begin to cover it. More like I was on Rolaids & defibrillators.

Not as pretty as I'd like, but I'll take it.

Once again we're not very good and were way overrated. Weak offensive line and absolutely no defense. It'll be a good year to just sit back and watch the other guys fo the joy of the game. Root for my Oklahoma teams though they're not very good and root for anyone who plays Notre Dame and Florida State.

Once again we're not very good and were way overrated. Weak offensive line and absolutely no defense. It'll be a good year to just sit back and watch the other guys fo the joy of the game. Root for my Oklahoma teams though they're not very good and root for anyone who plays Notre Dame and Florida State.

In that case, Go Buckeyes!!

How about those nay sayers who said Ohio State had lost too many starters to the NFL last year? Normally that would be true but Meyer has done a phenomenal job of recruiting in the last four years. With may be the exception of Woody's heralded 68 to 72 class this may be one of the best ever at OSU.

Bet you probably hadn't heard of Curtis Samuel, Mike Weber or Noah Brown before last night? Brown's last TD catch was freaken unbelievable. I bet Sooner fans all over just threw their hands up and said "We just can't get a break!". What an improbable catch. As good as Noah is I bet he couldn't do that again in 1 time in 10,000. LOL

OU proved you can move the ball against OSU but they did do a reasonable job of keeping one of the better running tandems in check. That Mixon is phenomenal. Though OSU's bend but don't break approach set up some momentum killing turn overs. OSU has to be at or near the top in scoring defense right now.

All in all I was happy with the Buckeyes performance but with our schedule I'm keeping my feelings in check. Last night showed that Nebraska, MSU and Mich are serious opponents plus playing PSU and The Cheeseheads on the road will be no picnic either. I'm reasonably expecting OSU will lose one of those games. If they have to lose just one game I'd rather see them lose to Wisc or Neb for obvious reasons. A loss to MSU or Mich means bye-bye to a shot at the play off.

How about those nay sayers who said Ohio State had lost too many starters to the NFL last year? Normally that would be true but Meyer has done a phenomenal job of recruiting in the last four years. With may be the exception of Woody's heralded 68 to 72 class this may be one of the best ever at OSU.

Bet you probably hadn't heard of Curtis Samuel, Mike Weber or Noah Brown before last night? Brown's last TD catch was freaken unbelievable. I bet Sooner fans all over just threw their hands up and said "We just can't get a break!". What an improbable catch. As good as Noah is I bet he couldn't do that again in 1 time in 10,000. LOL

OU proved you can move the ball against OSU but they did do a reasonable job of keeping one of the better running tandems in check. That Mixon is phenomenal. Though OSU's bend but don't break approach set up some momentum killing turn overs. OSU has to be at or near the top in scoring defense right now.

All in all I was happy with the Buckeyes performance but with our schedule I'm keeping my feelings in check. Last night showed that Nebraska, MSU and Mich are serious opponents plus playing PSU and The Cheeseheads on the road will be no picnic either. I'm reasonably expecting OSU will lose one of those games. If they have to lose just one game I'd rather see them lose to Wisc or Neb for obvious reasons. A loss to MSU or Mich means bye-bye to a shot at the play off.

My concern for OSU isn't loss of talent - it's the growing crowd. Specifically of Michigan and Jim Harbaugh. I don't really consider MSU or Nebraska to be in your league.

My concern for OSU isn't loss of talent - it's the growing crowd. Specifically of Michigan and Jim Harbaugh. I don't really consider MSU or Nebraska to be in your league.
To be honest with you I think Nebraska and MSU are both better teams than Mich. I don't understand Mich ranking as based on their recruiting results and on the field performance over the last couple of years...I think they're over hyped because...well...they're Michigan. Be that as it may they are all three capable of beating OSU. Having said that, OSU is obviously the ugly 600# gorilla of the Big 10.

To be honest with you I think Nebraska and MSU are both better teams than Mich. I don't understand Mich ranking as based on their recruiting results and on the field performance over the last couple of years...I think they're over hyped because...well...they're Michigan. Be that as it may they are all three capable of beating OSU. Having said that, OSU is obviously the ugly 600# gorilla of the Big 10.

I will give props to the MSU QB, whom I like to call O'Connor Cook. He may develop into a better one than Connor Cook was. In college football, though, having a great head coach can get a team much farther than in the NFL. Harbaugh and Meyer shouldn't be seeing too many upsets, even from a talented coach like Dantonio.

I will give props to the MSU QB, whom I like to call O'Connor Cook. He may develop into a better one than Connor Cook was. In college football, though, having a great head coach can get a team much farther than in the NFL. Harbaugh and Meyer shouldn't be seeing too many upsets, even from a talented coach like Dantonio.
Actually I see it the other way around. The fan base in the State of Michigan has switched in favor of MSU. MSU is also spending the kind of money on their football program that Michigan has in the past and money is a great predictor of long term success.

It used to be that in Michigan that if two Buckeyes yelled "O-H!" "I-O!" The response was "Go Blue!". Now it's "Go Green, Go White!".

Actually I see it the other way around. The fan base in the State of Michigan has switched in favor of MSU. MSU is also spending the kind of money on their football program that Michigan has in the past and money is a great predictor of long term success.

It used to be that in Michigan that if two Buckeyes yelled "O-H!" "I-O!" The response was "Go Blue!". Now it's "Go Green, Go White!".

That's true. The worst stretch of football in Notre Dame history was from 1956-1963, when they not only had poor coaching by Terry Brennan and Joe Kuharich, but the school also deemphasized sports and cut back on funding.

That's true. The worst stretch of football in Notre Dame history was from 1956-1963, when they not only had poor coaching by Terry Brennan and Joe Kuharich, but the school also deemphasized sports and cut back on funding.
That happened at OSU from 1960 to 66. The university finally relented and Woody went on tear and won two national championships.

Something I had not thought of until someone said something last night.

Louisville has a tough defense, but their game depends on Jackson lighting up the scoreboard.

So why did Petrino leave him in so long against FSU? He played until there were less than 12 mins left in the game. Louisville was up 63-10 at that point.

If Jackson gets injured in a blowout, what will the rest of teh season look like?

No Les, no more.

LSU has apparently fired Les Miles as head coach. No surprise. Few coaches have made as many blunders (especially in clock mgmt) as Miles and survived.

Back