2016 College Football

They were perennial contenders for decades, but, rarely at the top. What really helped West Point was WWII, wherein all of the colleges emptied-out students to go serve, but, the service academies kept their cadets/midshipmen in school to continue their training. Army did legitimately field two of it's best teams during 1944-45, but, the only school capable of challenging them was Navy.

They were perennial contenders for decades, but, rarely at the top. What really helped West Point was WWII, wherein all of the colleges emptied-out students to go serve, but, the service academies kept their cadets/midshipmen in school to continue their training. Army did legitimately field two of it's best teams during 1944-45, but, the only school capable of challenging them was Navy.

Navy sucks ballz.

You are right about the war, they won in '44 and '45 and then they won some third party title in '46.

Navy sucks ballz.

You are right about the war, they won in '44 and '45 and then they won some third party title in '46.

Notre Dame got its coach and players back in 1946, and played Army to an epic (and what people in 2017 would call majorly boring) scoreless tie. The AP crowned the Irish champions based upon its tougher schedule, etc. During the 1944-45 seasons, Army had been blowing Notre Dame out.

Congrats, Clemson. You earned it.

I said at the end of last years game, Clemson would be back.

Best Championship games two years in a row.

Congrats, Clemson. You earned it.

I said at the end of last years game, Clemson would be back.

Best Championship games two years in a row.

It was a great game. Clemson never quit even when the Bama defense was knocking the stuffing out of them. Bama's offense did much better than I thought they would.

Back