2016 College Football

None needed. We were a year too soon. The flaws in our O-line and wideouts were obvious. Our D played at a high level but our Offense stunk up the joint. Surprisingly most folks took the loss pretty well last night. That's normally not the case in C-Town. Not to take anything away from Clemson. They're defensive front is going to give Bama a handful. It's never a good thing to end the season with a loss though. If Penn St fans win today they're going to have a lot of fun bitching that they should have been selected instead of OSU but I seriously doubt USC is as good as Clemson...though I have heard they started teaching USC players how to rub two sticks together. That's a good start for USC.

Tomorrow the playoff starts.

My predictions are as follows:

Bama beats Washington. It will be scary at first, with Bama's offense starting slow. By halftime the momentum will shift. The 4th quarter will be all Crimson Tide.

Clemson beat OSU. It will stay close, but eventually Watson will make it happen.
Poor OSU, it was not close

One fun tidbit about the first round of the playoffs.

We all know defense wins championships. Alabama's defense, in the Peach Bowl, scored as many points as have half the teams in the playoffs.

Last edited:
None needed. We were a year too soon. The flaws in our O-line and wideouts were obvious. Our D played at a high level but our Offense stunk up the joint. Surprisingly most folks took the loss pretty well last night. That's normally not the case in C-Town. Not to take anything away from Clemson. They're defensive front is going to give Bama a handful. It's never a good thing to end the season with a loss though. If Penn St fans win today they're going to have a lot of fun bitching that they should have been selected instead of OSU but I seriously doubt USC is as good as Clemson...though I have heard they started teaching USC players how to rub two sticks together. That's a good start for USC.

Barrett looked terrible all season. Hopefully you'll get improved QB play next year.

My Prediction for the National Championship Game? 38-35 Bama wins.

This will put Saban over the top as the coach with the most championships. (he is currently tied with Bear Bryant with 5)

I don't know how they keep missing it, but Frank Leahy had 5 as well. It keeps being reported as 4, but he also won a championship with Boston College before taking over at Notre Dame.

I don't know how they keep missing it, but Frank Leahy had 5 as well. It keeps being reported as 4, but he also won a championship with Boston College before taking over at Notre Dame.

Yeah, there are a couple of other coaches with 5 championships. But most were, like Leahy, back before there were reliable polls. I'm not taking anything away from Leahy. I just didn't list him or Howard or whoever else won 5.

I'm also not counting Bear Bryant as winning 6. Plenty of Bama fans do. But that means including the '73 championship, when the UPI/Coaches poll came out before the bowl games. Alabama was proclaimed national champs, and then we lost the bowl game to Notre Dame. No, that is not one to count.

Yeah, there are a couple of other coaches with 5 championships. But most were, like Leahy, back before there were reliable polls. I'm not taking anything away from Leahy. I just didn't list him or Howard or whoever else won 5.

I'm also not counting Bear Bryant as winning 6. Plenty of Bama fans do. But that means including the '73 championship, when the UPI/Coaches poll came out before the bowl games. Alabama was proclaimed national champs, and then we lost the bowl game to Notre Dame. No, that is not one to count.

I believe Bammer screwed itself out of contention in about 1967 due to the fight to keep segregation, so, the polling agencies snubbed them as punishment.

I thought West Point had to have had a few so I looked it up, the school only has three total. I thought they had more than that.

Back